Australia’s official position re;sprints

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Now if only Rutherford and Pickering can join them. Both of these guys are far too talented to be held down for long.

Getting back to Watt, there is a great interview with him I will have to post it. He has 10.3 speed and he says next year he plans on being even faster. I would love to see him run a few 100 meters races over in Australia to work on his speed early next year. You never know also when another Allan Wells might come along. He started out as a long jumper.

At the moment Watt is even more consistant than Bayer. The future looks bright!

mastermulti

Master
here's what AthsAust has to say.

Watts

It also shows his progression since becoming serious to athletics less than 2 years ago.

So it's been said here before... imagine how much talent is out there that never gets to run or jump on a trackEdited by: mastermulti

albinosprint

Mentor
tried to find a post for Sally McLellan, but just tossed it in here. Miss McLellan set a new NR of 12.50 to win a stacked race in Monaco. Congratulation Sally!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
she is a class act. i wish i knew how to contact her ... i'd love to talk to her,because she is fearless! she'd be such a great role model for young female White athletes in the States. she is still very much a woman, but also very much a bad ass!

maybe mastermulti or any other posters from that part of the world can share some knowledge.

mastermulti

Master
yes, she impresses me with her sheer determination. The thing is, she is really a nice person but still has the "killer" without seeming aggro or up herself. Her competitors really like her as you can see in clip two.
Here are her last two European races only 3 days apart

1.London

2. MonacoEdited by: mastermulti

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Sally is one of my favorite female athletes. Australia is lucky to have her! Good luck to Sally in Berlin. She got a silver last time. Maybe a gold this time!Edited by: white lightning

mastermulti

Master
yeah, I know her coach, Michael Dooley... I have raced him a few times.
He should really help her achieve her goals since he is committed and enthusiastic.
I occasionally compete at their club ground where they have good Friday night competitions followed by a "sausage sizzle"

albinosprint

Mentor
SAUSAGE SIZZLE! that it, I'm moving to Australia

15 and she ran 24.09, that is amazing.

I don't know whats cooler, a 15 yr old girl running 24.09 or a after meet sausage sizzle!

it's all good stuff!