Austin Rogers

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Out for the year
smiley11.gif

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4326255

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Dang that stinks! Well, maybe he'll get a medical redshirt and come back better than ever in 2010.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Ya him and Kris Durham should rule WR in the SEC next year!

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Can our guys ever catch a break?!?
smiley11.gif

Let's hope for the best and hope he'll as good as ever in 2010. Hopefully by then, his brother, Zach will get some playing time.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
I know! It seems everytime we have promising players they catch unfortunate breaks with injuries! I just try not to dwell on the negative and hope our guys can come back stronger and better than ever. After all, white athletes are usually some of the most dedicated in what they do. They know they have to do extra to get praise.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
celticdb15 said:
I know! It seems everytime we have promising players they catch unfortunate breaks with injuries! I just try not to dwell on the negative and hope our guys can come back stronger and better than ever. After all, white athletes are usually some of the most dedicated in what they do. They know they have to do extra to get praise.

They have to be extra dedicated to even be considered starting material, especially at an uber caste school like the Vols, or anywhere for that matter. Even at a lot of "white friendly" schools, their starting jobs are not safe, as there is always that "special afflete" that only has to do average to unseat a white skill position player, sometimes no matter how well the white guy does.
smiley11.gif

Now that Rogers is out, heres to the Vols finishing near the bottom of the conference again, with their sumo O-Line and all.

backrow

Hall of Famer
well, another Vols receiver just broke his foot, so Austin's frosh brother, Zach might get some serious PT!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yeah, Zach Rogers and Tyler Maples could both benefit from this.