Asafa Powell

spectator

How do you go from running 9.88 and being second to Gay, then two days later coming third in a bit race in italy in 10.42.

Warriner at the same meet runs 45.74 only weeks out from WC's

Don't understand that.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Powell ran like that in Ny earlier this year. He got smoked by the whole field. Mike Rodgers won the race. I belive he struggled in Oregon as well. He is not running sub 10's like he used too. I belive it's his body starting to break down. Running that fast year after year is torture on the ligaments and joints. Even with flinstones.

Wariner is not looking good. I did not see the race but this is the first time he has run that slow in two consecutive races. I'm hoping he just jogged the home stretch due to lack of competition. He should have just stayed in the Athens meet today as he could have got a good test against Merrit.

StarWars

Mentor
I like your avatar. I've never understood how elite sprinters do that. Fabio Cerutti ran a 10.4 in Beijing, although that's closer to his PR than Powell's 10.4. I would speculate that the track is slow and that the absense of an indoor season creates a farther deviation of times. He has broken 9.8 before, and the sub 9.8 club has a high rate of being caught for drug use, and a guarentee of using PEDs.