Arkansas Razorback Track

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Arkansas has "the" track program in American university athletics, winning more National Championships than i can count. i'm sure many of the track experts here at CF know more about the history than i do, so i won't get into it. i just wanted to post that this year's Razorback track team is off to a strong start, helped in large part by their freshman class of white sprinters.
smiley32.gif

arkansas4x400team.jpg

the men's 4x400 team won the prestigious Tyson Invitational with a time of 3.09.49. that is currently the 6th fastest time in the NCAA, and they did it with 3 true freshmen white sprinters.
smiley32.gif

in the picture above, the white men from right to left: Ben Skidmore, Marek Nit, and Travis Nollsch.

these aren't the only white freshmen running sprints for Arkansas, either. best of luck to them!
smiley32.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Great pic Jimmy! We do need to give more attention to the Arkansas Razorbacks Track Squad. That picture is worth a thousand words.
smiley36.gif
The other guy has to be like this is not what I signed up for. This guys have alot of talent and they should compete with other track schools like Baylor, etc. Wariner went to Baylor by the way and they have been also given a fair shake to white sprinters. Especially when Coach Clyde Hart was there.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Similarly, Univ of Washington also won their 4 x 400m race last night with 3 white sprinters:

"Later that night, Boase would finish off the track meet by homing in on Washington State's Justin Woods to give Washington the victory in the 4x400-meter relay. Woods had a 20-meter lead on Boase on the backstretch, but on the final straightaway Boase blew past the cross-state rival as the UW's foursome of Sam Rucker, Jeff Gudaitis, Joe Turner, and Boase won in 3:11.11."

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Marek Niit of Arkansas, pictured above, took 2nd in the 200m at the SEC Championships.
Actually the finals were run in 2 heats, and he won his heat.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
What time did Marek run? So is he a 200/400 sprinter? I imagine so. Maybe another Boase type.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood said:
Arkansas has "the" track program in American university athletics, winning more National Championships than i can count. i'm sure many of the track experts here at CF know more about the history than i do, so i won't get into it. i just wanted to post that this year's Razorback track team is off to a strong start, helped in large part by their freshman class of white sprinters.
smiley32.gif

arkansas4x400team.jpg

the men's 4x400 team won the prestigious Tyson Invitational with a time of 3.09.49. that is currently the 6th fastest time in the NCAA, and they did it with 3 true freshmen white sprinters.
smiley32.gif

in the picture above, the white men from right to left: Ben Skidmore, Marek Nit, and Travis Nollsch.

these aren't the only white freshmen running sprints for Arkansas, either. best of luck to them!
smiley32.gif
I wonder if this is from the "Wariner effect". Ie seeing Wariner win at the world class level and these young men thinking they have a chance to do the same. I don't think Arkansas has a had a majority White track sprint quartet since intergration. Also Arkansas isn't a scrub program they are a traditional national powerhouse.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Yeah; IMO the "POWERHOUSE" programs should be balanced in the 200 meters with the huge white pool to pull from in America; whites are "very close" on the national stage in that event. The 400 should definitely be a white majority for the "POWERHOUSE" programs in America and the 100 should definitely lean toward blacks a bit in recruiting. I'm just trying to be realistic here.

Of course we already know the story with the 800 and 1600 meters.
smiley36.gif

And also of course the Triple Jump and High jump in our country where whites still vastly outnumber blacks. Whites are great at these events. We need fair recruiting!

Just curious are any of those three white guys the main part of the 100 meter team at Arkansas? You only listed about the 200 and 400 meters.

SteveB

Mentor
Too bad that Colt Davis didn't stick with the team. He had the potential to be a good 100m sprinter. Does anyone know what happened to him? He was at Arkansas for his freshman season then disappeared.

j41181

Master
Any news on the 3000, 5000, and 10000 meters? I know America's best long distance runners are white, like Allan Webb. Bernard Lagat (Kenya) should not be an American in the 1st place.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Arkansas continued its dominance as THE best track & field program in the country with a dominant performance in the SEC Indoor Championships, and white athletes played a HUGE role. The championship win is Arkansas' 92nd overall (cross country, indoor and outdoor), 28th conference (SWC and SEC) indoor title and 16th SEC indoor title. Arkansas took the title with 130 points. Florida finished second with 102 points and Tennessee was third with 78 points.

freshman Marek Niit (pictured earlier in this thread) took second in the 200 meters with a time of 20.90, which is the sixth fastest in school history.
smiley32.gif
it is also currently the 10th fastest time in the nation and is an NCAA qualifier, too.
smiley4.gif

senior Alex McClary ran away from the pack in the final lap in the 800 meters with a time of 1:49.37.

junior Dorian Ulrey won both the mile AND the 3,000 meters in the SEC Indoor Championships. He clocked a winning time of 7:55.56 in the 3000, and he won the mile in 3:59.77. sophomore Duncan Phillips took second place in the mile with a time of 4:01.30, while fellow sophomore Michael Chinchar took fourth in 4:03.52.

senior Shawn Forrest took second in the 5000 meters in a time of 13:46.26.

an all-white quartet won the distance-medley relay, with Chinchar (1,200 meters, 3:01), freshman Jake Stephens (400 meters, 47.7), McClary (800 meters, 1:50.5) and Phillips (mile, 4:08) combined for a time of 9:47.31.

Arkansas ended on a high note as the mile relay picked up a sixth-place finish with three white freshmen (pictured above). Freshman Ben Skidmore (47.68), freshman Travis Nollsch (48.19), freshman Marek Niit (47.19) and lone black team member sophomore Chris Bilbrew (46.72) combined for a time of 3:10.18.

to take a stab at answering Tough's question...

the 100 meters isn't run during the indoor season, so at this point we'd have to speculate a bit, not having any inside info on the program...

but if i were to guess, i would say Marek Niit will run the 100 meters come Outdoor season. while he is Arkansas' top 200 meter runner as well as one of their best 400 meter guys, he also happens to have the second fastest 60 meters.
smiley32.gif

freshmen Ben Skidmore, Jake Stephens, and Travis Nollsch, as well as Niit, will all likely try to double up in the 200 and 400 meters, as all of their times are very close.

an unknown commodity is freshman Galen Tobey, though he may be redshirting.

as you can see, there are a lot of fast white dudes running wild for the Hogs.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Are you serious that Nit ran a 20.90? That is a RIDICULOUS time for a college runner. That's got to be a world qualifying time. I would definitely hope they give Nit a shot in the outdoor season at 100 meters. Wow, what a prospect Nit is and what a team full of white athletes that they weren't afraid to recruit. Now if only the damn football team wouldn't be so racist. The Arkansas track team looks like it is a fair team as far as how they recruited! Go Razorbacks!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
according to his University of Arkansas bio, Niit was the 2006 World Junior Champion at 200 meters. he clocked a 20.96 at the event in Beijing, China that season.

Niit holds personal bests of 10.46 in the 100 meters, 20.64w/20.69 in the 200 meters.
smiley32.gif

j41181

Master
Jimmy Chitwood said:
according to his University of Arkansas bio, Niit was the 2006 World Junior Champion at 200 meters. he clocked a 20.96 at the event in Beijing, China that season.

Niit holds personal bests of 10.46 in the 100 meters, 20.64w/20.69 in the 200 meters.
smiley32.gif
What's the latest news on this Niit dude? Is he doing any races this year and last year?

I hope he becomes a world-class 100/200 meter sprinter!
smiley17.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
j41181,

as i posted a couple of posts up, in Niit's most recent meet, in addition to running some relays, he took 2nd place in the SEC Indoor Championships in the 200 meters with a 20.90.

j41181

Master
Jimmy Chitwood said:
j41181,

as i posted a couple of posts up, in Niit's most recent meet, in addition to running some relays, he took 2nd place in the SEC Indoor Championships in the 200 meters with a 20.90.
Those results were 3 years ago. If so, he hasn't done much since, I presume.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
dude,

he took 2nd place in the SEC Indoor Championships in the 200 meters with a 20.90 about 5 days ago! jeez!

here's the link.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
in the very dark SEC, the best runners are still white, as evidenced by the fact that white athletes took Runners of the Year for both men and women.
smiley2.gif
smiley32.gif

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. -- The Southeastern Conference announced the 2009 SEC Indoor Track and Field honors Thursday and Tennessee's Sarah Bowman and Arkansas' Dorian Ulrey were named SEC Female and Male Runners of the Year.

SarahBowman.jpg

Sarah Bowman

j41181

Master
Jimmy Chitwood said:
dude,

he took 2nd place in the SEC Indoor Championships in the 200 meters with a 20.90 about 5 days ago! jeez!

here's the link.
OK my Bad!!!
smiley9.gif

Your latest posts have been really good, especially Tennessee babe!
smiley17.gif

I think I better do some researching myself, rather ask pointless questions!
smiley36.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Bowman is hot...uh athletic.
smiley36.gif
Congrats to her on her award. There are so many beautiful ladies in college sports and especially in track/cross country.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
no worries, j41181. it could happen to anyone.
smiley1.gif

white lightning, you're absolutely correct. one thing i've noticed when i have gone to collegiate track meets is how incredibly hot the pole vaulter chicks are!
smiley9.gif
smiley32.gif

it's like you have to be a mega-babe even to participate in that event.
smiley4.gif

white is right

Hall of Famer
white lightning said:
Bowman is hot...uh athletic.
smiley36.gif
Congrats to her on her award. There are so many beautiful ladies in college sports and especially in track/cross country.
Does anybody remember when a runner in the late 90's posed for Playboy and lost her athletic scholarship? She was pretty hot. I think she was from California.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I'd like to see Niit become a legit white American 200 meter Olympian!

And nice pic btw; I like an athletic woman when I see one; Sarah looks pretty good; but personally I usually prefer shorter Brunettes. I'm not usually talking Mexicans, lol.

speedster

Mentor
I guess we all forgot about Marek Niit including myself.Seems to me we were giving Marek some love on this board three years ago when he won the world junior championship in the 200 in a controversial way when the Ukrainian runner was DQ'd for stepping out of his lane.Do you guys remember that?I suppose that thread has been lost in cyberspace for some time and Niit became out of sight out of mind for all of us.