Any Hunters Out There?

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Any hunters out here? I used to hunt alot more than I do these days (back in jr.high, HS, college), but nowadays being married with 4 kids, I only get out a few times each season (usually whitetail, dove, quail, gross, etc.). I miss hunting (& fishing) like I did in my younger years, but try still get out there a tad.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I like to hunt too Dixie, but don't get much chance out here. For me ithas always beenmainly squirrels, doves, and occasionally deer. We didn't have quail in the Mississippi Delta when I was growing up there, but they are making a comeback now and it is a nice thing to see. Black bear are on the way back too. As the rural population has decreased, I've noticed quite an upsurge of wild animals back home, including bobcat and coyotes.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i've never taken the time to do a lot of deer hunting, but i sure love to eat deer meat!
smiley4.gif

rabbit hunting is always fun, to me. unlike many other types of hunting, you don't have to be nearly as quiet. you can socialize with your buddies while listening to the dogs run, and then when the rabbit makes his loop, you can shoot.

a very enjoyable, and belly friendly, game to pursue.
smiley1.gif

Bowhunting for Elk, deer, bears. Upland game birds, fishing, hiking. Love it all. 50 years old, knees are shot, but I still get out there and get with it with the youngsters.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Never hunted in my life, mainly because of the bs you have to go through to get your FAC(firearms acquisition certificate). Do you need a license to hunt for rabbit or squirrels? I would love to kill them just for their nuisance factor....
smiley36.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yeah, white is right, a small game license is needed for squirrel and rabbit in the states. In the South, you don't have to get a FAC, although they have something similar to that in Illinois where my wife is from. Illinois is more restrictive that any state in the U.S., although D.C. is worse overall.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Good stuff! AnimalMuther, bow hunting is tough stuff. My Dad used to bow hunt alot when he was younger. I'm pretty much a rifle (deer) and shotgun (birds) fella. I enjoy fishing a few times a year as well. I've never hunted bear, but that sounds like alotta fun. I hope to get out during the season a few times this year.