Antonio Tarver tests positive for PEDs

Zeus

Guru
So basically my fellow black humans get caught using steroids more than any other race in the sport of boxing and still somehow, someway, produce the less title holders and always need a gift decision to get a win or a title? Damn man, now that's some serious "athletic superiority" of the black "warriors"

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/questions-now-raised-over-green-tarver-result-119168

Questions now raised over Green-Tarver result

By Brett Bonetti

Following the news that IBO Cruiserweight Champion, Antonio “Magic Man” Tarver tested positive for the Anabolic Steroid Drostanolone following his split decision draw with Lateef Kayode on June 2, questions are now being asked if Tarver was “juiced” for his previous fight with Australian, Danny “The Green Machine” Green in Sydney Australia in July 2011.

Green went into that fight as a warm favorite to win and retain his IBO cruiserweight title, however Tarver shocked Green and the fans after he won the fight when Green’s corner was forced to throw in the towel following round 9.
Green had stated after that loss that he had never been really hurt before that fight and has today questioned the legitimacy of the American’s victory over him in their fight in Sydney. Following the revelation that Tarver tested positive Green said “I’m shocked by the news, but it does make you think.”

Green also queried at how Tarver got down to the cruiserweight limit and stayed very strong for their bout after looking significantly heavier when they both toured Australia just eight weeks beforehand to promote their world title fight.

“When he came over for the promotional tour he looked much bigger, he was huge, massive, yet he was able to lose, I’d say, approximately 55 pounds in eight weeks to weigh in light.”

“How did he keep that strength, he wasn’t sapped during the fight of strength or power? A lot of people on Twitter and the internet are now asking questions about our fight,” Green said. “I hear the IBO has stripped him, so is it still a loss on my career? He has tarnished his reputation and he has got himself in a whole world of trouble. He has got to live with this forever,” Green said.

“He’s wanted to lose weight the easy way, I know what it is to strip weight, extreme weight, I had to lose 10kg, I didn’t have to fight Anthony Mundine. It’s hard and it takes strict discipline.”

Green is currently in training for his final fight in Perth on July 25 against American Danny Santiago who in 1997 was also defeated by Tarver.

Tarver claims that the result is a false positive and used Twitter to announce the following.

“Today’s news of a false positive caught me as well as my family and supporters by surprise, I apologize for the embarrassment it caused”

“I’ll appeal and submit to the California Commission everything that I’ve consume prior to June 2 that could have caused this honest mistake.”

Tarver was fined $2,500 of his $1 million purse for the Kayode fight, and has been suspended indefinitely by the California State Athletic Commission pending the test of his ‘B’ sample.

Tarver is the third high profile boxer to test positive in the past two months along with light welterweight champion Lamont Peterson and former welterweight champion Andre Berto.

Whether Tarver was taking steroids before his fight with Green in Australia is unknown. “Certainly I didn’t have a great night against Tarver, but I now have to wonder if he had a bit of extra magic,” Green concluded.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I'm sure they are all juicing. You think an idiot like Tarver or Tyson would know what the hell to do? Some trainer or juicer is hired to feed the animals the right amount of drugs and cover ups and they are sent off to try and win some big $$$ for the HNIC usually Don King or similar. Why would a slimy business like boxing be expected to have athletes that are clean? Only a clueless DWF or naive fan would think that. Hell I believe the Klitschkos are probably using something, they've got Doctorates for crying out loud, why not boost up the performance? Instead you are supposed to go in clean against the other dirty bastards? That would be crazy.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I'm sure they are all juicing. You think an idiot like Tarver or Tyson would know what the hell to do? Some trainer or juicer is hired to feed the animals the right amount of drugs and cover ups and they are sent off to try and win some big $$$ for the HNIC usually Don King or similar. Why would a slimy business like boxing be expected to have athletes that are clean? Only a clueless DWF or naive fan would think that. Hell I believe the Klitschkos are probably using something, they've got Doctorates for crying out loud, why not boost up the performance? Instead you are supposed to go in clean against the other dirty bastards? That would be crazy.
Steroid gurus are in camps for various fighters. They are called strenght and conditioning coaches. In the old days fighters never had anything beyond a traditional training team and a support staff of a doctor and a cook and security. Now they have conditioning coaches and nutrionists plus these guys. I wouldn't be shocked to see "Milk Duds" doing steroids as he looked like rolled back the clock in the Green fight. Also sometimes strength and conditioning coaches have been brought into boxers camps they have gotten black eyes in track and field ie Conte and Heredia.

Zeus

Guru
My friend, a very small note to this thread and sorry for not staying to the topic, but I was surprised seeing your nickname and I had to comment on that. I do not know if you are aware of it, but your nickname "Carcharias" is derived from the Greek word "καρχαρίας" which means "white shark" and is considered the most powerful and dominant kind of shark from the very ancient years (Carcharias was mentioned in Homer's Illiad too) .........very nice pick my friend:thumbup:

http://el.wikipedia.org/wiki/Καρχαρίας

werewolf

Hall of Famer
Though i don't think he was ever caught, I suspect Tyson was a big PED user. That guy was roiding all the time.

Without a doubt. I remember seeing photos of him fat and flabby a few weeks before a big fight, and then he shows up lean and trim.