Another young 100 meter sprinter to watch

white lightning

Hall of Famer
From England, Dan Putnam who is only 16 won the 100 meters championship recently in a 10.60 time. He tied for the title but he will know start to work with UK Athletics and start to get the type of coaching needed to progress. He is very young and very raw. The kid has alot of talent and reminds me a little of Pickering. He is very skinny and will need to fill out alot in the coming years. This kid has some good speed and will be another to watch in the next decade or so. Why is it that we don't see more white sprinters from America break through? We all know why. The kids in England bring it to the track and are well represented in all levels of Athletics over there. It's kind of similar to most of the white kids in Europe. Only in America have we lost our identity. The US has so much talent just wasting away and never getting a chance. I know alot go into other sports but there are too many that never even compete! Good luck to Dan Putnam in the future.

albinosprint

Mentor
good find!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Richard Kilty ran a new p.b. of 10.43 yesterday. His p.b. in the 200 is 20.80! He is still 19 years of age and as he continues to grow into his body, I see him getting alot faster. This kid is driven to be a star. We all are a little spoiled with Guliyev and Lemaitre but we need to remember all of the other young white sprinters making their mark. I would love to see Kilty and Pickering train together. They could push each other and would probably be great friends on and off the track. Kilty will turn 20 in September. Good luck to Richard in the future.