Andrzej Wawrzyk

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Blue Devils said:
Andrzej will face Ukrainian Alex Mazikin 13-3-1(3) this Friday.

Decent opponent. Too bad Andrzej doesn't have a top promoter like K-2 or Sauerland. He appears to have more talent than either Ustinov or Pianeta, for example.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
From fightnews:

In a tactical performance, WBC Youth heavyweight titlist Andrzej Wawrzyk (16-0, 10 KOs) scored the biggest win of his career, outpointing experienced Ukrainian Alexey Mazikin (13-4-1, 3 KOs) over ten rounds. Rounds one through six were even but since the seven Wawrzyk has finally got going and rallied good enough to clinch the ten-round unanimous decision with the scores: 98-95, 99-94 and 97-93.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Andrzej will make his American debut this Friday in Chicago. His opponent will be Harvey Jolley 10-12-1(5). Jolley is ranked #39 according to boxrec.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Andrzej won a wide decision over negro journeyman Harvey Jolly last night in Chicago. Scores were 79-74,79-73 and 78-73.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Wawrzyk will be fighting former US Olympian Devin Vargas on the undercard of Adamek-Klitschko next Saturday.

Also on the undercard:

- Masternak-Davis

- Oquendo-Banks (even matchup)

- Afolabi-TBA

- Cendrowski-Sjomkin (an even matchup between two tough cruiserweight journeymen)

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Wawrzyk will be fighting former US Olympian Devin Vargas on the undercard of Adamek-Klitschko next Saturday.

Also on the undercard:

- Masternak-Davis

- Oquendo-Banks (even matchup)

- Afolabi-TBA

- Cendrowski-Sjomkin (an even matchup between two tough cruiserweight journeymen)

Isn't Pawel Kolodziej fighting negro Afolabi? Or is that fight off?

Zeus

Guru

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
True, but Wawrzyk's superior boxing skills and jab will help him to win a clear UD at least in my opinion. He's really talented and physically gifted.
You think so? Wawrzyk has never impressed me as much as other up-and-coming European heavyweights like Glazkov, Dinu, Price and Pulev have.

Wawrzyk is decent, but he lacks an amateur pedigree. I think he's in for a very difficult fight.

Zeus

Guru
You think so? Wawrzyk has never impressed me as much as other up-and-coming European heavyweights like Glazkov, Dinu, Price and Pulev have.

Wawrzyk is decent, but he lacks an amateur pedigree. I think he's in for a very difficult fight.

Yes I think he will have a bright future if he gets the right training and management. He's only 24, don't forget that.

Glazkov, Pulev and Boytsov among others, are great prospects and future champs for sure, well once the true kings, the Klitschkos retire, but I have no faith to Price or Fury. I hope they prove me wrong but when it comes to combat sports, in Eastern Europe we trust hehe

JED

Too bad Bogdan Dinu fights once a year...