Andrei Kirilenko

JD074

Master
Well his season is over. Kwame Brown tried a "flop job" and it
ended up being a hip check while Kirilenko was up in the air.
Predictably he came crashing down on his wrist. I really hate it
when big guys try to take charges instead of trying to block the
shot. Cowards.

Kirilenko was a prime candidate for Defensive Player of the
Year if he had stayed healthy. I'm hard-pressed to think of
more than two or three players who would've contested him.
Ben Wallace's numbers are down. Ron Artest... well, we know
what happened to him. The only two that I can think of are
Bruce Bowen and Shaun Marion. Some feel that Bowen
should've won last year, so he has a good shot. Cliff Robinson
has gained a reputation as being an excellent defender, but I
just don't see him getting the award.

I'll be disappointed if he doesn't pick up two or three of these
awards in the future. I hope that skinny frame of his can
endure the grind of the NBA. He'll be one of our best, most
exciting, and most important athletes over the next several
years if it can....

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Kirelenko had an incredible game tonight in a Utah Jazz win.He had 21 points,16 rebounds and 8 blocked shots.Yes that's right,8 BLOCKED SHOTS!What a incredible athlete he is.A.Kirelenko has a great chance to get defensive player of the year if he keeps having nights like this.He is with out a doubt one of the most exciting players in all of the NBA on both offense & defense.
smiley32.gif

guest301

Hall of Famer
You guys won't believe this story....NBA players were abuzz this week after Russian pop singer Masha Lopatova wife of Jazz star AK47 (Kirilenko) told ESPN Mag that she gives her husband a "allowance" of one night per year with another woman. She told the Salt Lake Tribune that "if I know about it, It isn't cheating"..Wrote Tribune reporter Phil Miller."andrei has been grantewd restricted free agency"! Col Reb you live in the area..what have you heard about this..while maybe a little funny on the surface,,,It's just a further devaluing of marriage and I bet she has more than one extra man per year. This marriage won't last. She as a pop star probably has a good idea about the kind of temptation a NBA star faces on a daily basis. Maybe that's why she did this. Love and trust are not enough.

Deacon

Guru
I've heard the reason she said that is because she's getting some on the side as well.

guest301

Hall of Famer
I hope you mean that in a athletic sense, otherwise I might worry about you onewarrior5. Just kidding! AK47 is the best athlete in the NBA..hands down.

JD074

Master
Kirilenko had a career high 18 rebounds and four blocks in a win over Phoenix last night. He blocked a Shaun Marion dunk attempt. How many can do that? How many would even attempt that? Most players would be too intimidated and would duck out of the way. White players are more gutsy about contesting every shot; of course, that results in some embarrassment (thanks to the ESPN jerks) when they get dunked on. But you have to admire the effort. Kirilenko is just awesome.

guest301

Hall of Famer
JD074..I saw that block by AK47 live. It was amazing. Two great athletes like the "Matrix" Shawn Marion and Kirilenko meeting at the rim like that. Basketball at it's best. Kirilenko sure didn't get posterized on that one.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Did I read the box score correctly? Kirilenko had 14 boards and 10 blocks tonight against Sacramento?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I just saw this thread and the post about AK and his wife. I haven't heard a word about it out here, so I guess they don't care about it.

white tornado

Mentor
Reb: 14
Ast: 3
Stl: 3
Blk: 10

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'm hoping that he will be one of the very few players in NBA History to eventually get a quadruple double.He has come close on several occasions.What a incredible athletic basketball player!He is quite simply the best defensive player in the whole nba.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Kirilenko is purposley limiting his shots to give the ball to go-to guys in the post like Boozer. He's quite a team player, and doesn't get enough credit for helping the Jazz by being selfless and arguably being the best defender in the league right now. You don't find too many selfish white players but there are a fair number of black Stephon Marbury types! The Jazz have tons of guys who can score other than Andrei like Boozer, Okur, Harping, Williams and now Millsap. It seems like Kirilenko's selflessness is working, the Jazz are on a roll this season.
I like Jerry Sloan as a coach, he always seems to play the best players. Giricek isn't playing well and his roll has been reduced, but veteran Harping's minutes are way up in his place. Harping is a good, very underated player, but especially a team first player He seems to be easing Ronnie Brewer into the rotation which is what the Magic should be doing with J.J Redick who was drafted 3 picks ahead of Brewer. If Brewer is seeing around 14 minutes a game as a second stringer than Redick should be seeing the same minutes. He should be playing in place of Dooling as Grant Hills backup. To be objective Redick at this point is not as good as Grant Hill who wasa 2nd pick in the draft years back. Hill has only been forgotten in recent memory b/c of injury problems. Like Giricek, Keyon Dooling isn't playing well! In fact I think Dooling is less of a player than Giricek and definitley less a playerthan Redick. If I were a coach, by the end of the season Redick would be getting around 20 minutes a game if hekeptimproving. You have to play your young talent to develop it!Here's a link about Kirilenko.

[url]http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=At27sdPniqueAikSZyD7 Zl 6kvLYF?slug=rotowire-ndreiirilenkoeducedf&prov=rotow ire& amp;type=fantasy[/url]

Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins