Analysis of the best white fighters

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I'm going to do an analysis of some of the great white fighters out there today. I'll update this post periodically with new fighters.

HEAVYWEIGHTS

Vitali Klitschko- Best heavyweight of all time. Has incredible power and an iron chin. Is extremely athletic and knows how to use his jab to keep his opponents at bay. Has the highest knockout percentage in heavyweight history! The only negatives I can say about him is that he's getting up there in age at 38 and is noticeably slower than he was 5 years ago when he fought Lennox Lewis. He's never been on the canvas as well.

Wladimir Klitschko- despite suffering a few bad loses earlier in his career he's the second best heavyweight after his brother. Is extremely quick and has the best hand speed for a guy his size that the world has ever seen. Moves around the ring almost like a light heavyweight. Has a punishing jab that can knock any opponent out. Has won fights in his career without even throwing a single right hand.

Tomasz Adamek- Tomasz is a guy who does everything well but isn't the best in any one category. Has good but not great speed. Has a top notch chin and can take almost any punch and stay on his feet. Defense is good but sometimes he gets hit too many times. Has made a successful transition from light heavyweight to heavyweight. Third best heavyweight in the world right now.

Alexander Povetkin- Povetkin is the fourth best heavyweight fighter in the world right now. Has a very impressive resume with wins over Chris Byrd, Eddie Chambers, Larry Donald, and Jason Estrada. Has nice power with a 73 % knockout percentage. Will eventually fight Wladimir Klitschko for the heavyweight title. If anyone can beat Wladimir it's this kid.

CRUISERWEIGHTS

Krzysztof Wlodarczyk-Wlodarczyk is probably the best cruiserweight now that Haye and Adamek have moved up. His first fight with Giacobbe Fragomeni was an absolute war in which the fight ended up a draw. The second time around Wlodarczyk left no doubts as he TKO'd Fragomeni. "Diablo" is very talented and should try to get a third fight with Steve Cunningham who should win the vacant IBF title.

Marco Huck- It's very tough to call who the best cruiser in the world is. Huck is also extremely talented and his only loss is to Steve Cunningham who is a very solid good cruiserweight. He combines excellent athleticism with a good all around defense and can beat any cruiserweight in the world when he's on top of his game. Look for a possible unification fight between Huck and Wlodarczyk late in 2010 or early 2011.

Danny Green- This is the last cruiserweight I'll take a look at as I haven't seen enough fights of the other top Euro's to give an honest opinion. Green is the third best cruiserweight in the world. While his skill set isn't up to the level of Wlodarczyk or Huck he has one distinct advantage over them, power. This guy can knock anyone out. Nice to see him unretire and continue to be a force.

Light heavyweight-

Zsolt Erdie- If Zsolt stays at light heavy he's the best white fighter in the division. He has very impressive wins over talents such as Thomas Ulrich, Giacobbe Fragomeni, and Yuri Barashian. He combines great hand speed with great technical skills. I would like to see him fight Jean Pascal(considering he beats Chad Dawson) or Tavaris Cloud, both winnable fights for the Hungarian.

Jurgen Brahmer-probably the second best white figher at light heavyweight is Brahmer. He's a very tough opponent for anyone. I watched him fight unbeaten(at the time) Russian Dimitry Sukhotsky and Brahmer took an unbelievable amount of punishment late in the fight and stayed on his feet.

Edited by: whiteathlete33

Great analysis whiteathlete! Also you can make a case that vitali has never been beaten,, He won every round in the byrd fight, and pulled out with an injury, He was way ahead in the lewis fight, And lewis was all but gone when that fight was stopped........

Westside

Hall of Famer
WA 33, I can not believe you left off Lucian Bute your list. I think Bute right now is the best white fighter out their. He blends power, quickness, agility, intelligence and recently demonstrated improved stamina. Right now I would place him the top ten PFP fighters without question.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Westside said:
WA 33, I can not believe you left off Lucian Bute your list. I think Bute right now is the best white fighter out their. He blends power, quickness, agility, intelligence and recently demonstrated improved stamina. Right now I would place him the top ten PFP fighters without question.

Westside, I haven't left Bute off my list. If you read my post you can see that I will be updating the list. I only did the top 5 heavyweights as of now.

Westside said:
Well, I think he's starting at heavyweight.....

Westside

Hall of Famer
Roger, understood.

ww

Guru
whiteathlete33 said:
Denis Boystov should be on this list. He may even be better than Povetkin and Adamek but I haven't watched enough of him to say anything.Check out this guys power. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-3nU9w-yHg&feature=related If I had to compare him to anyone I would say he's a slightly faster Mike Tyson.

I was just going to say you left off Boytsov until I came to this post. I've been impressed with him ever since I first saw him.

Good analysis above. I couldn't agree more that the amazing Klitschko brothers are the greatest heavyweights of all time.

ww