American Lg. Stolen Base Leaders.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I just wanted to give B.Roberts of the Orioles credit for being 2nd in the American League in steals.He has 31 at the moment.Ichiro and even G.Sizemore are also in the top 5. Sizemore has 27 at the moment.Who says that white guys can't run? I hope Roberts or Sizemore can lead the league like Scott Podsenik did a couple of years ago.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
ya white guys have wheels too.. Grady Sizemore is half black though

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
David Wright is on pace for a 30-30 season -- 30 homers and 30 stolen bases. With 24 SBs, he has an outside shot at 40. A great white player on one of MLB's showcase "diversity" teams.

Freedom

Mentor
Baseball is an all around speed sport. Speed doesn't just show up in stolen bases, but in hitting(bat speed) and fielding. A great season for David Wright because he has the all around speed. Not to mention tough hands. I saw a barehanded catch on Sportscenter a while back.
Check this athleticism out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ1ye7aPPd8

Stealing bases isn't so much about pure speed either. It takes smarts and third base coaching. I bet Rickey Henderson got a lot of his steals in unnecessary situations and was allowed to steal without any signal. A lot of players, I bet, could match Henderson's stats if they were given permission to steal more.Edited by: Freedom