All-Star game 2007

JoeV

Guru
Balloting isn't even over yet!

Bart

Hall of Famer
Looks like baseball fans (white) worked overtime to make sure Barry Bonds plays in the All Star game in Frisco.

[url]http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AiRzMJBII.j.5HgJD6fsAZ cRvLYF?slug=ti-allstar070107&prov=yhoo&type=lgns&amp ;expire=1[/url]

Seeing as this All-Star Game is going to be a San Francisco thing anyway, they might as well have put Barry Bonds in the middle of it, in the city and amid the fans that adore him without reservation.

Besides, most of the game will be played at night. No shadows.

Bonds overtook Alfonso Soriano in the final days of balloting, a quarter million-vote rally that put him into the National League outfield with Ken Griffey Jr. and Carlos Beltran.

So, presumably in the hours before he chases down Hank Aaron, before he forces an in-or-out answer from Bud Selig, Bonds will stand on the ball field where they count his home runs with panels in right-center field, his walks with rubber chickens down the right-field line, his detractors with rigid forefingers from the big glove to McCovey Cove.

I'm at a loss for words right now," Bonds told reporters in San Francisco. "It just means more 'cause I'm at home. This is my town. This is my house. You can't say enough about being at home. It's great. This is the one I'll remember all time. This is the one I'll remember forever."

Bonds has been selected to 13 others and this will be his 12th start.

He is batting .304, back from .265 a little more than a month ago, with 16 home runs and 40 RBIs. He leads baseball in on-base percentage, OPS and raised eyebrows. Matt Holliday and Carlos Lee were more deserving of the start, and the sport probably could have done without the headache, but this is Bonds' summer and, like he said, this is Bonds' town.

Bear-Arms

Mentor
Sounds like MLB fixed the ballot for Bonds.

LabMan

Mentor
It appears that there will be two White American starters in the all star game starting line ups:
I ask many people,all White,if this was satisfactory to them.I recieved the same "glazed over eye stare" that I get when questioning the official version of the 9/11 murders.
Each person said,"why should it bother me,after all,Latins,and blacks are the best players"!

"We have met the enemy,and it is us"!

G

The voters are obviouslygoing by the numbers.

8 of the top 10 home run hitters are black and hispanic.

11 of the top 15 RBI guys are black or hispanic

7 of the top 10 doubles hitters are black or hispanic

17 of the top 20 triples hitters are black or hispanic

17 of the top 21 sluggers are black or hispanic

15 of the top 20 in on base percentage are black,hispanic, or Ichiro

15 of the top 20batting average leadersare black, hispanic, or Ichiro

15 of the top 20 run scorers are black, hispanic, or Ichiro

11 of the top 13 base stealers are black, hispanic, or Ichiro.

And I'm pretty sure these percentage are even lower than years past do to blacks declining interest in the game. When the biggest stars are perennially minorities, it's gonna reflect that way in the all-star voting.

13 of the 21 guys in the 500 home run club areare black or hispanic (and they've only been playing in the major leagues for half as long as whites. 4 of the 5 active players in striking distance are black or hispanic.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Take Ichiro out of OBP%, AVG% and Runs scored and the 5 white players out number either blacks or hispanics.

PitBull

Guru
You can take all those numbers, especially the 500 home run club, and
toss them out the window because of steroids and other performance
enhancing drugs. Unless you believe in Santa Claus. I wouldn't take
anything after 1985 very seriously.

Also, its been well known for a while now that MLB goes after black, black
latin, and hispanic power hitters to the exclusion of white power hitters.
That's what the whole caste concept is about. The proof of it is that not
one MLB development league is located in US white america. But its the
white american pastime, so why?

Because kids outside of the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico are exempt from
the MLB draft and many are signed at 16, and scouted even younger.
Signing bonuses for these kids are a pittance compared to draftees. So
all the major league clubs are down in Latin America, signing multitudes
of kids who do nothing but play baseball, and the select go to the majors.
The MLB teams even provide housing, meals, and, as some articles say,
"vitamins" for the players.

Contrast that to an american white or black ballplayer, who has to go to
college if they want professional instruction and are not drafted straight
out of high school. College players only play part-time, and most who
are drafted out of college and go through the minor leagues are 25 or 26
by the time they get to the majors. Not much time to develop once they
get there.

The whole deck is stacked against american ballplayers, both black and
white. Since there are few whites in latin america, this not only explains
the decrease in american white ballplayers, but also for american black
ballplayers. A better comparison could be made between white and latin
and black power hitters and their respective percentages in the league,
but that might require more than a superficial analysis of the stats, which
seems to be the only thing the average brainwashed fan can muster in a
debate.Edited by: PitBull

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Great post Pit Bull. If you are looking at stats you also have to consider that if whites make up 60% of the MLB, pitchers make up a certain percentage only leaving whatever amount of white position players. Also with expansion the quality of pitching has not been as good and is much more watered down than it was 20-30 years ago.

PitBull

Guru
One last thing I'd like to note is that the decline in fundamental play in
baseball is a sure sign of the steroid era. Even though these latins do
nothing but play ball as teenagers, its curious that they have such poor
fundamentals. What it means is that they concentrate on their offensive
(read: batting) game because they know that having outstanding offensive
stats is what gets them to the majors. And how does one compete with
drugged up competitors? If you don't think that practically all these guys
are on some type of performance-enhancing drug, you're nuts. And what
kind of dolt roots for players who are drugged up, whose numbers are a
farce?

How can any sane american, given the anti-american policies of MLB, and
its ridiculous once-a-year drug test (even track and field athletes cheat a
lot, and they are randomly tested all year long) pay money for MLB games
and root for these drugged up ballplayers? All-stars, Hall of Famers,
greatest players of all-time? What a joke!

The latest MLB scam is going to China to look for talent. It seems Bud
Selig has got two Yankee prospects from China--one, a pitcher with an
awesome 85 mph fireball, and a "defensive" (read: can't hit) catcher.

All this has nothing to do with baseball--all its about is money and
marketing. What the hell is the "National" League? What the hell is the
"American" League? With players from China and Japan? What nation?
What America?

Its hard to believe that greedy billionaires have taken the greatest and
most american of sports and effectively ruined it. Its reputation is in
shambles, clouded over by drug use and coverups, and now it is even
abandoning the people and country that populated its rosters and stands,
that made its storied history. Modern MLB is a pathetic joke and a stain
on american sports. I won't spend a nickel on this disgusting spectacle.

voice

Guru
RJ1987 said:
The voters are obviously going by the numbers.

8 of the top 10 home run hitters are black and hispanic.

11 of the top 15 RBI guys are black or hispanic

7 of the top 10 doubles hitters are black or hispanic

17 of the top 20 triples hitters are black or hispanic

17 of the top 21 sluggers are black or hispanic

15 of the top 20 in on base percentage are black, hispanic, or Ichiro

15 of the top 20 batting average leaders are black, hispanic, or Ichiro

15 of the top 20 run scorers are black, hispanic, or Ichiro

11 of the top 13 base stealers are black, hispanic, or Ichiro.

And I'm pretty sure these percentage are even lower than years past do to blacks declining interest in the game.  When the biggest stars are perennially minorities, it's gonna reflect that way in the all-star voting.

13 of the 21 guys in the 500 home run club are are black or hispanic (and they've only been playing in the major leagues for half as long as whites.  4 of the 5 active players in striking distance are black or hispanic.

You cherry picked that

Actually 4 of the 12 are white..You counted Cabrera as 10th and JJ Hardy, Konerko AND Cabrera were tied at 10th with 18..We should at least had 3 to equal our % in top 10.

The caste system tried to only give us ONE because they gave it to Cabrera and Holliday was late addition.

Too bad Dunn gets screwed every year out of the All-Star game even though he averages 40 a year or so. I would love to see him in HR derby. That guy is a beast!

Edited by: voice

Bear-Arms

Mentor
How did Manny Ramirez get in. Was he voted in?
smiley5.gif

bigunreal

Mentor
I don't follow Major League baseball much at all anymore, but a simple glance at the league leaders reveals that at least two white players seem to have been overlooked somehow. How can the the National League's leading hitter, Hunter Pence, not be an all- star? Why is the American League's 5th leading hitter, Kevin Youkilis, not an all-star either? I'm sure there are other glaring omissions as well (how about J.J. Ready- not sure if he made it or not, but how could you overlook him if he didn't?) While the fans have always been pitiful in their voting, it now seems to be very racial in nature. Like everything else in Don King's America, the all-star voting seems geared towards the selection of as many non-whites as possible. Deserving blacks are always voted in, and nondeserving, washed up blacks are voted in, too. It's just the deserving whites that are seemingly overlooked by the typically ignorant, largely white fans. Actually, the all-star voting in recent years gives us the clearest picture possible of just what kind of athletes white Americans of all ages really admire. Apparently few of them are white.

bigunreal

Mentor
RJ1987 provided some interesting stats. What I've noticed is that it has been a very long time since we've had a true white superstar Major Leaguer. You could argue that Cal Ripkin was, but his lifetime average was only mediocre, and he isn't in the upper, upper tier of home run hitters. Mark McGwire had great power, but injuries robbed him of much playing time in the middle of his career and he was never a complete player (mediocre average, not much of a fielder). George Brett was undeniably great, but didn't have great power. The same can be said for Wade Boggs. Really, the last great all-around white player with great power was Mickey Mantle. That was a long time ago, folks.

I have no doubt that many college and minor league white players are discriminated against. For all I know, some truly great power hitters have been purposefully kept from the majors in recent years, for the same reason that so many white RBs, WRs and CBs have been unfairly frozen out of the NFL. If you think about it, the white power hitter is almost going the way of the white RB. I refuse to believe that virtually all of the great sluggers now can only be black or hispanic. As I've said here before, there are no good reasons to, and many, many reasons not to, support Major League Baseball.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Here's an example. The Tigers triple A team the Toledo Mudhens have a third baseman Mike Hessman with 26 homers, Last year he hit over 25 homeruns and led the league in fielding. Why is this white power hitter who has more homeruns then anyone on the Tigers, who is a better fielder then the guy they have now and is 29 years old, still playing AAA ball?

I bet because he is a big power hitting white guy and the Tigers don't want to upset the "chemistry" of their nearly complete non-white line-up. Hessman should be playing ahead of Brandon Inge the 3rd baseman who can't field to save his life and strikes out every other at bat and serves as the teams white mascot batting ninth most of his career.

At first base is the other white guy, the closed mouth Sean Casey a decent hitting no-power guy who mever rocks the boat and is the source of endless media gags about how slow he runs.

Is Hessman a gamble? Yes, but if he were non-white he would be immediately called up and given one of those guys job to win or lose. (actually it would have been done in the spring). Yet there he languishes in the minors, with little chance of seeing the big league club unless one of the designated whities gets hurt, and even then he will have to beat out some black guy now on the bench.

Are there other Hessman in baseball. I'm sure of it. Maybe that's why there are so many hispanic homerun hitters in MLB?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
MLBInc. is no different thanfootball and basketball -- white players are quick to be criticized and given far less of an opportunity to prove themselves than non-whites. Because high school and college baseball in the U.S. is so thoroughly white dominated (there are very few talented blacks to slot and promote over deserving whites), MLB hasn't been able to marginalize whites yet. But not from lack of trying. Baseball has "academies" in black urban areas in the U.S. and all over Latin America. Everywhere but where whites,traditionally the best baseball players and those who love and cherish the game and its traditions far more than anyone else, are located. How much moreopen and in-your-facecan the agenda be?

This year's All-Star Game is a disturbingmarker that the desired hispanic/non-white takeover of the pro game is close to indisputable. And it's almost as artificial in its way as is the "unchallengeable" black "takeover" of football. Baseball fans ought to be outraged that America's Game is being outsourced to hispanics and Asians, just as their country is being outsourced to hispanics and Asians, but they remain clueless. A portion of Middle America finally got outraged about the immigration issue, but still can't connect the dots when it comes to sports. After all, sports is "different," somehow immune from the non-white tidal wave of immigration and affirmative action that is sweeping the country, and remains a bastion of color blind purity, ha ha ha.

voice

Guru
I know this has been covered here but three other areas impact whites in baseball.

1) Aluminum Bats-they change a hitters swing during key years in HS and College.A short quick stroke with aluminum can still produce home runs. Whereas, with wood bats to hit with power you need long strokes.

It is no coincidence that Adam Dunn started Minor League Ball when he was 19 and gave him his college years(19-21) to hit with wood in Minors before exploding on the scene with prodigious power.

2) Intelligence-this impacts white power because of Aluminum explanation above, but also White kids have higher levels of intelligence that Blacks and Hispanics so obviously they are going to go to 4 year colleges(you can't be drafted out of a 4 year college till after your junior year)

Lower level draft choices with lower intelligence(Blacks and Hispanics) with be satisfied with little signing bonus and toil in Minors at 18-19. Also, if they do go to college they are more likely to go JC route and they are draft eligible immediately.

3) Cheap Labor-Dominicans, Cubans, Venuzualans, Ghetto Dwellers are more than happy to make $800 a month toiling in the minors for years. This keeps a larger pool of non-whites in minors to be developed(numbers game) into Major Leaguers.

We should start a campaign for Wooden bats in High School and College and it would make a tremendous impact on our power hitting numbers in MLB.

Some states are already looking at this but Caste Football posters should add fuel to fire by supporting this as right now it is looked at as a safety issue because of speed balls come back at pitchers.

Skipperron

Guru
It is a wonder any white players are in the game. I post on the Pirates board and I get so sick of hearing that the Pirates need to get better at selecting Hispanic players. Their reasoning?? Hispanics never get hurt, they sign cheaper contracts and they are more athletic. So I am amazed that all of the all stars are not hispanic or black (they too are of course much more athletic than white players).

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
About the only good news was that the TV ratings for the Hispanic All Star Game were off 10 percent from last year's poor ratings.

Oh, and Albert Pujols was pouting to reporters because his manager, Tony LaRussa, didn't play him. Pujols claims La Russa never spoke to him the entire game, which if true indicates there may be more dissension involved in the Cardinalspoor defense of their titlethan thought.

The only AL position player not to see action was Michael Young. Ihaven't seenany stories of him crying about it.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Re: my comment about Mike Hessman playing third for the Tigres minor league affiliate. He finally got called up when a series of black and hispanic players got injured or played too poorly to keep. (geez it's the same path a white running back has to take to get on the roster!)

Anyway the International League's leader in homeruns finally was deemed good enough for a cup of coffee with the Dominican Republic Tigers. He got in the line-up and got a game winning hit. Hopefully it's a sign of good things to come.

His chances aren't good at third. They played him at first instead of third in his first game. Sean Casey is the regular there but he's a lefty and doesn't play much against righties. Manager Jimenez Leyland likes to play his right handed hitting black outfielders when there is a lefty pitching against them and sits Casey.

Brandon Inge is achored at third. He is only the eighth or ninth batter and strikes out a lot but hits a few dingers. He's a horrible fielder, annually ranked among the leaders in errors and the middle of the pack in fielding average.

The local press LOVES him though, as he is the ultimate self effacing white ball player, the role they demand for white athletes especially on non-white teams. This last week the press featured a series of articles on him and his "stellar" play at third. He does make a bunch of diving stops and highlight plays and he has a cannon for an arm. Doesn't help that he boots a lot of routine stuff but anyway they are pushing him for a gold glove, a fantasy if there ever was one.

So Hessman has his work cut out for him. He'll have to produce big time to stick around. Too bad he wasn't in a better situation. At 29 it's now or never.

Weltner

Guru
As usual, Our hopes were short lived; blacks totally dominated the game - except for the White pitchers, none did anything hittin-wise;other than Ichiro,who rightfully deserved the MVP,every run was driven in by non-White filth.

Asd usual, black racists - no matter what their fevered,depraved,childish,ignortant "minds" tell them - have nothing to bitch about.
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif