Alexander Pschera

Pschera is a tall, lanky 21 year old German sprinter. He recently cranked out a 6.68 60 meters which is amazing because he apparently took up the sport less than a year ago. This kid may crank out a high 10.1 100 meters this year if he has this much early potential.

Pschera ran a pb 10.78 100 meters last year but it was into a giant headwind. He looks like he might be improving dramatically in a short period of time like Craig Pickering.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I will keep a close eye on him but I wouldn't compare him to Pickering. Craig was running consistant 6.55 times and ran 10.14 outdoors at a younger age. To be fair though, Craig has been a sprinter most of his life. The Pschera guy has some serious talent. Let's hope that he continues to progress over the next several years.

trackster

Mentor
I just looked him up. He was a youth runner at 400m for years, actually showed promise. But then glandular fever (which, if the translation is accurate, is the same thing that nearly ended Sebastian Coe's career) knocked him out of sports entirely, and he remained out for a few years. He seems to have resumed running last year, but he's lost a lot of time. Who knows? His times don't indicate too much promise at the 100, but if he's just working on his speed before returning to the 400 maybe he could do okay. Stranger things have happened, though. I'm always interested to learn about new guys, personally, even diamonds in the rough.

I think this kid has some potential. Lots of guys this year who haven't cleared 6.65 in the 60 meters ran a 10.1 100 meters or better last year. Considering most tall sprinters don't do well in the 60 meter dash may be a good indicator this kid might be coming on.
I had no idea he was formerly a 400 meter sprinter. Adam Gemili has only run a 6.72 this year and he probably has 10.18 to 10.22 potential this year. Its early, I know , but I always get excited about new talent. Time will tell.