Alex Pearlstone

white lightning

Hall of Famer
This kid is a very good young sprinter who won many 100 & 200 meters sprints over his high school years in California.He has signed with the UCLA Bruins so he will be able to stay at home while he continues his track career.Hopefully this kid can continue to progress and eclipse what Matt Bruno never got the chance to finish.Bruno was kicked off the Bruin Team last season.Alex has very good form although he isn't quite as fast as Bruno was in h.school.Every kid has to progress at their own time table.He could very well go onto being a very good sprinter.We will have to watch this kid over the next four years.

sprintr1

he also long jumps too (23'11" wind legal)... he is very talented, and very untapped... should be interesting to see what he can dounder a college training program.

bigman

Guru
Bruno never got a chance?.... what in the world are you reading.. please post information that is helpful in making such claims... otherwise Lightning , most people that read your post will think you are strange.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I never said he never got a chance.He ran for a few years.What I did say was that he didn't get to run all four years until he was a senior.I don't know what happened because it was kept very quiet.I do know one thing though.He was the best sprinter that they had despite the fact that he never lived up to the hype that surrounded him.I don't know what happened.He actually got slower than he was in high school for the most part.I do know that he had some injuries but for the most part he was just inconsistant.It's too bad because he was the first white sprinter to pull off the double,100/200 meter state championship since the 1960's.