Adrian Diaconu

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
The stream is working well!

stream

smiley1.gif

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Diaconu is so inactive. He hasn't had a real fight (as opposed to that one tuneup) since April 2008.

I hear the Pascal fight was close though. Maybe he can get a rematch as the fight sold well in Montreal.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Liverlips said:
Diaconu is so inactive. He hasn't had a real fight (as opposed to that one tuneup) since April 2008.

I hear the Pascal fight was close though. Maybe he can get a rematch as the fight sold well in Montreal.

There was a rematch clause in the contract, as Pascal was a voluntary defense, so there will be a rematch. But Pascal will fight his mandatory, old Silvio Branco, before fighting Diaconu again.

The rematch will be a big fight in Montreal, another sell out at the Bell Center!

guest301

Hall of Famer
Liverlips said:

It was a entertaining fight to watch, so glad I got the Versus channel. Pascal took it to him and deserved the victory. This was a great fight to watch despite the white fighter(Diaconu) losing and I look forward to the rematch. The Canadians really love their boxing and they were loud throughout the 12 round bout.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
It is going to be very hard for Branco to beat Pascal. Pascal is 26 years old and Branco is 43. Let's just hope Branco can pull a Hopkins out of his bag of tricks.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Diaconu lost again.

From Fightnews

In a local rematch of global proportions, Jean Pascal retained his WBC light-heavyweight with a unanimous 118-110, 117-111, 117-111 decision over fellow Montrealer Adrian Diaconu. This is the second defense for Pascal who utilized his speed and ring movement and bravely fought the last two rounds with one arm as he returned to his corner after the tenth round grimacing in pain with an apparent shoulder or bicep injury.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Diaconu was disappointing tonight.

He had Pascal seriously hurt a couple of times, but was hesitant to try go all out to finish him off. Pascal came back toward the end of a couple of rounds he had been losing to win them, while Diaconu gave away rounds, slacking off toward the end of several rounds he was winning. Diaconu's punches were hurting Pascal more than Pascal's punches were hurting Diaconu, but in most rounds Pascal was throwing more.

The scorecards were too wide, I had it 115-113 for Pascal.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I didn't expect Diaconu to win but I was hoping for the best. Pascal isn't a very good fighter as he was beaten by Froch who I don't like and don't think is any good.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
This weekend Adrian Diaconu will face Chad Dawson.

Hopefully he'll have the right game plan and be at his best. It would be great to see him score an upset win over Dawson.

BoxingFanUK

Yep, Diaconu is at +400, Dawson is at about -525 odds. Diaconu is coming off a win (W 10 Omar Sheika), of course Dawson is coming off a loss (L TD 11 Pascal).

No question it would be quite a big upset if Diaconu wins, but if ever there was a time for an upset its in situations like this (ie Diaconu coming off win, Dawson off bad loss).

Fact that its in Montreal should also somewhat help Diaconu.