Administrative detention

devans

Mentor
The massive U.S. subsidies to Israel help to fund a practice called"administrative detention"

You can read abbout it here http://www.crimesofwar.org/thebook/due-process.html

and here http://web.amnesty.org/pages/isr-action-detention

Hereare someextracts...

Tarek Burkan is a well-dressed, light-haired Palestinian boy from Hebron, his first mustache growing in. Most of the time I spent with him, he was quiet and seemed calm. Only when I asked him about the circumstances of his detention did he respond openly and aggressively: "Ask the Shabak [Hebrew acronym for General Security Service]. Next time I'll throw stones and then at least I'll understand why I'm detained." There is nothing apparently psychotic in this anger of his, just as there is not in the anger of all the administrative detainees, jailed for months and years in Israel without a trial or an explanation. They are all residents of the territories conquered by Israel in 1967.

Administrative detention is a procedure under which detainees are held without charge or trial. No charges are filed, and there is no intention of bringing a detainee to trial. By the detention order, a detainee is given a specific term of detention. On or before the expiry of the term, the detention order is frequently renewed. This process can be continued indefinitely.
In the past four years there has been a gradual increase of administrative detainees, with a leap in numbers from some 30 people in November 2001 to more than 1,000 by the end of December 2002. Currently, more than 600 Palestinians remain in administrative detention. Most of them are held in Ofer prison (in the West Bank) and Ketziot prison in the Negev desert.

Ziyad Hmeidan (31), a fieldworker with the Palestinian human rights organization al-Haq, in Ramallah, is now serving his fifth consecutive administrative detention order. He has been detained without charge or trial since his arrest on 23 May 2005. He was not questioned about any specific incidents and has not been charged with any specific offence. On 16 June he was given a six month administrative detention order, which was renewed in November 2005 for a further six months and subsequently shortened to four months on appeal. As the expiry date of his second detention order approached, in March 2006, the Israeli army again extended his administrative detention for a further four months. On Tuesday 13 November 2006, Ziyad's administrative detention order was extended for a further four months. The new order is due to expire on 18 March 2007, but could again be renewed. By 18 March 2006, Ziyad will have spent almost 2 years in administrative detention without being charged or tried. He is currently being held in Ketziot prison.

http://web.amnesty.org/pages/isr-action-detentio

Solomon Kane

Mentor
Angered, but not surprised, by this. It is one of the most high-handed, racist countries in human history.
This is simply further evidence of the evil which we have been enabling over there.

No wonder historian David Irving (recently freed--thank god) consistently refers to Israel as "that sh&^%$#y little state."

jcolec02

Mentor
Ya know...im not a big fan of muslims, or palestinian people...but id love to see them CRUSH Israel...

devans

Mentor
The Worlds biggest Jewish state is actually the U.S.A. - not Israel. Source - The American Jewish Identity Survey of 2000, conducted by Barry Kosmin, Egon Mayer, and Ariela Keysar at the Center for Jewish Studies at the City University of New York's Graduate Center, concluded that there were 5.5 million Jews in the United States. This compares to 5 million in Israel (http://www.mfa.gov.il/MFA/Government/Communiques)

The main parties need those votes. And the rest of the electorate support Israel because Arabs and Moslemsare killing our boys in Iraq and attacked New York and see Moslems as a common enemy.

All I'm doing with this post is showing people WHY the U.S. and Britain are hated, and much of it is because of the behaviour of Israel towards it's neighbours, and the people whose land they have stolen. The U.S. is the only country that can reign in Israel and make them stop treating people like animals.

Before, September 11th, 2001, I would have actually cared. Now I presume all moslems are guilty into proven innocent.

Moslems have been taught from birth to hate all unbelievers. If Isreal did not exist, they would think of another reason to hate us.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Why can't you hate both Moslems and Jews? There's enough hate to go around for everybody. It's not like they both don't deserve it.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
jaxvid said:
Why can't you hate both Moslems and Jews? There's enough hate to go around for everybody. It's not like they both don't deserve it.

I agree. I don't understand why everybody always sees this as an either / or proposition. There is a third option, as always: choose neither.

jaxvid said:

You're correct. Both groups pose threats to society. The moslems want to physically kill us with terrorism, and the jews are basically killing us now by way of the media, government and other outlets. Both groups are equally threatening, just in different ways.

jcolec02

Mentor
I prefer the muslim way...at least they aint sneaky and lying about what they are doing...unlike the "Bagel Boys"

Tom Iron

Mentor
Gentlemen

The point is that the political Zionists started this garbage. If it wasn't for the Zionist movement, the Arabs wouldn't be attacking us. As long as we support the Zionist state, the Arabs are required to attack us because we're the friend of their enemy.

Tom Iron...

devans

Mentor
Well said Tom. Friend and paymaster.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Tom Iron said:
Gentlemen

The point is that the political Zionists started this garbage. If it wasn't for the Zionist movement, the Arabs wouldn't be attacking us. As long as we support the Zionist state, the Arabs are required to attack us because we're the friend of their enemy.

Tom Iron...

Arabs have been attacking the west since the middle ages, Jews or no they would still consider Christians and their societies the enemy. Israel could disappear tomorrow and it would just make us the next target.

cutty said:
Israel is killing us by manipulating us to go fight their wars for them.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Also, they manipulate our government into giving Israel billions of dollars a year in foreign aid.