Academic All-American teams

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
take a look at the following list, or even better hit the link. the Academic AA look very, very pale compared to the "other" versions.
smiley32.gif
(sorry for the bad format. i couldn't copy the page properly.)

2006 ESPN The Magazine Academic All-America® Football Team (University Division)
as selected by CoSIDA

Name School Pos. Yr. Hometown GPA Major
First Team - Offense

Brian Brohm University of Louisville QB Jr. Louisville, Ky. 3.53 Finance
Anthony Gonzalez Ohio State University WR Jr. Cleveland, Ohio 3.54 Philosophy
James Lindgren Univ. of Northern Iowa WR Sr. Odebolt, Iowa 3.81 Construction Management
John Carlson University of Notre Dame TE Sr. Litchfield, Minn. 3.59 History
Stan White Ohio State University RB Gr. Baltimore, Md. 3.80 Finance / MBA
Cory Koenig South Dakota State Univ. RB Jr. Underwood, Iowa 3.77 Biology
Luke Siwula Cornell University OL Jr. Cortland, N.Y. 3.60 Industrial & Labor Relations
Mike Elgin University of Iowa OL Sr. Bankston, Iowa 3.88 Mechanical Engineering
Hayden Lane University of Kentucky OL Gr. Lawrenceville, Ga. 3.95 Anthropology / Classics
Adnan Filipovic Furman University OL Gr. Martinez, Ga. 3.92 Math / Economics
Chris Joseph University of California OL Jr. Solvang, Calif. 3.96 Geography
William Lee North Carolina State Univ. OL Gr. Fuquay-Varina, N.C. 4.00 Mechanical Engineering
Josh Hoke Coastal Carolina Univ. PK Sr. Statesville, N.C. 3.99 Communications
First Team-Defense
Brandon Cramer University of Dayton DB Jr. Toledo, Ohio 4.00 Biochemistry / Pre-Medicine
Will Meyers Indiana University DB Sr. Chesterfield, Mo. 3.64 Accounting
Adam Shada University of Iowa DB Jr. Omaha, Neb. 4.00 Finance
Craig Dahl North Dakota State Univ. DB Sr. Mankato, Minn. 3.58 Mechanical Engineering
Jay Henry West Virginia University LB Sr. Jenks, Okla. 4.00 Finance / Accounting
Paul Posluszny Penn State University LB Sr. Aliquippa, Pa. 3.56 Finance
Mike Klinkenborg University of Iowa LB Jr. Rock Rapids, Iowa 3.99 Elementary Education
Kyle Kinsell Davidson College DL Sr. Chapel Hill, N.C. 3.83 Biology
Ray Gensler Robert Morris University DL Sr. Pittsburgh, Pa. 3.91 Manufacturing Engineering
Tim Shaw Penn State University DL Sr. Livonia, Mich. 3.38 Management/Telecomm.
Daniel Bazuin Central Michigan Univ. DL Sr. McBain, Mich. 3.39 Marketing
Daniel Sepulveda Baylor University P Sr. Dallas, Texas 3.48 Business
Second Team-Offense
Paul Smith University of Tulsa QB Jr. Owasso, Okla. 3.78 Communication
Wes Doyle University of San Diego WR Jr. Phoenix, Ariz. 3.62 Business Administration
Lou Russo LaSalle University WR Sr. Marlton, N.J. 3.62 Finance Marketing
Zach Miller Arizona State University TE Jr. Phoenix, Ariz. 3.84 Marketing
Dane Todd University of Nebraska RB Gr. Lincoln, Neb. 4.00 Biological Sciences
Damien Gresko University of Rhode Island RB Jr. Huntington, Pa. 4.00 Accounting / Finance
Ed McCarthy Yale University OL Sr. Fairfield, Conn. 3.69 History
Dan Mozes West Virginia University OL Sr. Washington, Pa. 3.58 Communications
Joe Thomas Wisconsin OL Sr. Brookfield, Wis. 3.49 Business (Real Estate and Urban Land Economics)
Ryne Nutt Central Connecticut St. Univ. OL Jr. Warren, Ohio 3.97 Accounting
Parker Douglass South Dakota State Univ. PK Jr. Columbus, Neb. 4.00 Biology
James Wilhoit University of Tennessee PK Gr. Hendersonville, Tenn. 3.60 Sports Psychology
Second Team-Defense
Nolan McCready Penn State University DB Sr. Wyomissing, Pa. 3.61 Political Science
John Wendling University of Wyoming DB Sr. Rock Springs, Wyo. 3.43 Business Administration
David Frisbey Bucknell University DB Sr. Newark, Del. 3.54 Management (Finance)
Patrick O'Neill University of San Diego DB So. Mission Viejo, Calif. 3.80 Business Administration
James Laurinaitis Ohio State University LB So. Hamel, Minn. 3.44 Real Estate & Urban Analysis
Jordan Senn Portland State University LB Jr. Beaverton, Ore. 3.84 Physical Activity & Exercise
Cody Kase University of New Mexico LB Jr. Valencia, Calif. 4.01 General Management
Eli Nichols Duke University DL Gr. Crawfordville, Fla. 3.57 Mechanical Engineering
Andrew Browning Boise State University DL Sr. Lake Oswego, Ore. 3.31 Communication
Darnell Smith Oklahoma State Univ. DL Sr. San Antonio, Texas 3.58 Economics & Intl. Business
Darren Schmidt Columbia University DL Sr. Cleveland, Ohio 3.75 Political Science
Kody Bliss Auburn University P Sr. Brentwood, Tenn. 3.45 Bus. Marketing /Adult Educ.

ACADEMIC ALL-AMERICA® OF THE YEAR: Paul Posluszny, Penn State

NOTE: Six student-athletes received first-team honors at offensive line due to a tie. Thus, only four players earned second-team recognition.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
"Stark" differences there Jimmy. Its good to see Cory Koenig on there at RB!
smiley32.gif

Whats the matter? ESPN didn't print their pictures as well, or would that have been TOO obvious?
smiley36.gif
I love it, when blacks achieve something we see their smiling grins all over every newspaper and magazine in the country. When Whites excel, we're lucky if we a get a name in the paper.
smiley7.gif

patriot

Guru
Not to be mean butblacksdo not smile when getting therepiture taken. If you don't believe me go to rivals.com and check outall these photos of the 2007 prospects I would say about 90% of the pictures these kidshave amad look on their face. It not like they are getting there mugshot taken.

patriot said:
It not like they are getting there mugshot taken.

Give them a few, short years and it will be "mugshot photo time"
smiley36.gif

Also, I have visited rivals.com on numerous occasions, and to be honest, they'ed be better off not posting some blacks pics at all. Especially "students" from the Miami public schools. I saw one kid's pic, and he had a friggin' tattoo on his neck already! What parent allows that, especially at that age?

In my high school, some latino gangbangers had neck tats, and guess what, five years later, they're in jail as we speak. I even knew of a girl who had "chula" tattooed on her neck. It means "woman", or something of that nature. Some people are morons.

Freedom

Mentor
Hey. Didn't Vince Young get a perfect 4.0 GPA. He scored a 6 on the wonderlic, suggesting he had the math and verbal reasoning skills of a seven year old. To get a 4.0 GPA despite that handicap is inspirational and we should all observe Vince Young day. It wouldn't surprise me if he had to work extra hard for his grades because the school had it in for football stars. And black football stars, well, that is just extra discrimination.Edited by: Freedom

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
the above AA list has Luke Siwula as an o-lineman, but there is only one Luke Siwula playing for Cornell and he's a running back who led the team with 894 yards rushing, added 141 yards receiving, and scored 6 TDs this year... regardless, here are some mugs of the first team O. it looks like a blizzard hit.
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
they should be in order...

brianbrohm.jpg

anthonygonzalez.jpg

jameslindgren.jpg

johncarlson.jpg

stanwhite.jpg

corykoenig.jpg

lukesiwula.jpg

mikeelgin.jpg

haydenlane.jpg

adnanfilipovic.jpg

chrisjoseph.jpg

williamlee.jpg

joshhoke.jpg

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
and now, the D... the white out continues...
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

brandoncramer.jpg

willmeyers.jpg

adamshada.jpg

craigdahl.jpg

jayhenry.jpg

Posluszny_Paul.jpg

MikeKlinkenborg.jpg

KyleKinsell.jpg

RayGensler.jpg

TimShaw.jpg

DanielBazuin.jpg

DanielSepulveda.jpg

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
That's the team I would rather watch on Saturday in the fall!!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
compare the above team with those selected by Rivals. ugh! the links include both first and second-team all-conference picks by Rivals with a mug of every player. you'll see a much darker forecast... these links courtesy of DraftDaddy.

All-SEC teams

All- Big 10 teams

All- Pac 10 teams

All-ACC teams

All-Big East teams

i've noticed a rapidly shrinking appreciation for white d-linemen, with just 4 total making either the 1st or 2nd team units in these 5 major conferences.
smiley7.gif
as expected, there is a vast absence of white DBs, with just 2 total (Oregon State's Sabby Piscitelli and Penn State's Anthony Scirotto), wide receivers (just 1!), and running backs with a mere 2 (Rutgers' Brian Leonard and "utilty player" WVU's Owen Schmitt). many here seem to think UConn's Donald Brown is mixed, but i remain unsure... he looks like my cousin.
smiley9.gif

as expected, the SEC is by far the darkest, with just 5 white non-kickers (3 o-linemen, a tight end and a QB). the Big 10 is the white friendliest, with one of just 2 white defensive backs (Penn State's Anthony Scirotto) and the only receiver (OSU's Tony Gonzalez) and a total of 18 white men.

SI.com's All-America team looks a bit brighter than i expected, and even named my man Eric Weddle to its 1st team.
smiley32.gif
Edited by: Jimmy Chitwood

lumsdenpower

Mentor
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif
Check what they said about Tedd Ginn
Ohio State, Jr., 6-0, 180
Ginn finished as the Buckeyes' leader in receptions (59), receiving yards (781) and TD receptions (nine), opening things up for Anthony Gonzalez on the other side. Ginn had a couple of his best games against Texas and Michigan. He had five receptions for 97 yards and a TD against the Longhorns. He came up with eight receptions for 104 yards and a score against the Wolverines. opening things up for Anthony Gonzalez on the other side

Bart

Hall of Famer
lumsdenpower said:
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif
Ginn finished as the Buckeyes' leader in receptions (59), receiving yards (781) and TD receptions (nine), opening things up for Anthony Gonzalez on the other side.

Gonzales had 49 catches for 723 yards and scored 8 Td's. Ginn's YPC was 13.2 TG's was 14.8. No matter, the white player will always be slighted and made to look like a plow horse in comparison toblack thoroughbreds.

SteveB

Mentor
So when Ginn goes to the NFL next year and Gonzales is the primary receiver, what will be the media's excuse for Gonzales having a great year?

whiteCB

Master
lumsdenpower said:
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif
Ginn finished as the Buckeyes' leader in receptions (59), receiving yards (781) and TD receptions (nine), opening things up for Anthony Gonzalez on the other side. Ginn had a couple of his best games against Texas and Michigan. He had five receptions for 97 yards and a TD against the Longhorns. He came up with eight receptions for 104 yards and a score against the Wolverines. opening things up for Anthony Gonzalez on the other side

It's like they believe that since Gonzo is white that he couldn't have possibly put put his tremendous numbers by himself. So they instead give the credit to his "superstar athlete" counterpart at WR Ted Ginn as the reason for opening up space. Which in turn allowed Gonzo to attain his gaudy numbers. Caste system thinkers are a f&cked up bunch.

Here is the 2007 Academic All America team from ESPN the Magazine. It's a much closer representation of the collegiate population in the U.S. than the regular AA team! There were only four blacks on the list. I wasn't sure whether or not to include them for perspective, but I just left their pictures out.

Name School Pos. Yr. Hometown GPA Major

First Team Offense
QB Brian Brohm University of Louisville Sr. Louisville, Ky. 3.50 Finance
1275818.jpeg

QB Paul Smith University of Tulsa Sr. Owasso, Okla. 3.84 Communication
549723.jpeg

QB Tim Tebow University of Florida So. Jacksonville, Fla. 3.76 Family youth and community service
93.jpg

WR Wes Doyle University of San Diego Sr. Phoenix, Ariz. 3.56 Business administration
1275055.jpeg

WR Brian Robiskie Ohio State University Jr. Cleveland, Ohio 3.50 Marketing

TE Jacob Tamme University of Kentucky Sr. Danville, Ky. 3.82 Master's in business administration
fb_2007mug_tamme.jpg

RB Cory Koenig South Dakota State University Sr. Underwood, Iowa 3.77 Biology
IECQNGKQLFEHMDL.20070810191529.jpg

RB Tyler Roehl North Dakota State University Jr. West Fargo, N.D. 3.23 Physical education
YLUBARFPLVCOTFZ.20070816021505.jpg

OL Gerald Cadogan Pennsylvania State University Sr. Portsmouth, Ohio 3.63 Rehabilitation services, psychology

OL Louis Frazier Wake Forest University Sr. Clearwater, Fla. 3.76 Biology

OL Dallas Griffin University of Texas Sr. Katy, Texas 3.88 Honors Business, Finance
griffin_dallas_175.jpg

OL Christopher Joseph University of California Los Angeles Sr. Solvang, Calif. 3.95 Geography
1060461.jpeg

OL Ryan McDonald University of Illinois Jr. Holland, Mich. 3.83 Aerospace engineering
1314281.jpeg

First Team Defense
DB Andrew Berry Harvard University Jr. Bel Air, Md. 3.81 Economics

DB Brandon Cramer University of Dayton Sr. Toledo, Ohio 4.0 Pre-medicine
277379.jpeg

DB Anthony Gebhart Western Michigan University Sr. Addison, Ill. 3.83 Economics
AZQUMPSYPMEGELM.20060622155845.jpg

DB Patrick O'Neill University of San Diego Jr. Mission Viejo, Calif. 3.79 Business
1275167.jpeg

DB Adam Shada University of Iowa Sr. Omaha, Neb. 4.00 Finance
9108.jpeg

LB Cody Kase University of New Mexico Sr. Valencia, Calif. 3.94 Business administration
559365.jpeg

LB Mike Klinkenborg University of Iowa Sr. Rock Rapids, Iowa 3.95 Elementary education
p-mikeklinkenborg2004.jpg

LB Reed Williams West Virginia University Jr. Moorefield, W.Va. 3.86 Accounting
Williams-Reed.jpg

DL Russell Brorsen University of Kansas Jr. Stillwater, Okla. 3.96 Chemistry
1253528.jpeg

DL Derek Lokey University of Texas Sr. Denton, Texas 3.5 Sports management
lokey_derek_175.jpg

DL Nick Reed University of Oregon Jr. Trabuco Canyon, Calif. 3.39 History
NVURWJZBLPLJVFQ.20070821230619.jpg

DL Keith Shologan University of Central Florida Sr. Edmonton, Alberta 3.52 Finance
1281658.jpeg

First Team Special Teams
K Austin Starr Indiana University Jr. Logansport, Ind. 3.83 Biology
1300647.jpeg

P Adam Crossett University of Missouri Sr. Liberty, Mo. 3.96 MBA
578777.jpeg

Edited by: Electric Slide

backrow said:
nice post, thanks for the info Electric!

Yeah I just think it's amazing how well some of these guys do in school considering the demands that school brings, combined with everything that's involved with athletics. While all these guys have good GPA's, Shada and Cramer's perfect 4.0 is simply amazing. I just don't know how these guys didn't get a single A- their entire time in college! During the Fall semester graduation at my college (this is a major university by the way), the valedictorian even had one A- for a cum GPA of 3.995 or something.