Absolutely Outrageous "Mainstream" Article Which Belittles Thome in Favor of Negro

jaxvid

Hall of Famer

I can't believe they don't have a whole museum at the ballpark for Doby. I'm sure he's going to get and has already gotten plenty of love from the Indians and all of their DWF's. Doby played 10 years with the Tribe, Thome 12 years. Considering the racial attitude nowadays I'm sure that Doby will get everything that Thome does and more.

I personally don't have an issue with Doby getting a statue. However Thome is the better player no question. But those statues are a PR thing, the Detroit Tigers "had" to have a black player amongst all of the statues of their many great White players but the only one they could deem worthy was Willie Horton, probably the 50th greatest Tiger. But he's got a statue.

Tom Iron

Mentor
jaxvid, Sir, you know they're going to do these stupid things. But if you want to get at some DWF's, learn to needle. A good way of doing it is asking "questions." Think over the topic and questions will make themselves known. Make them rhetorical questions that you yourself will supply an answer for or cannot be answered at all.

My favorite question is about just "how good" were the "negro leagues?" Most people don't know that they were usually around A-AA level ball. That would explain why there were so many "great" hitters. Very few "Great" pitchers.

Tom Iron...

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
jaxvid, Sir, you know they're going to do these stupid things. But if you want to get at some DWF's, learn to needle. A good way of doing it is asking "questions." Think over the topic and questions will make themselves known. Make them rhetorical questions that you yourself will supply an answer for or cannot be answered at all.

My favorite question is about just "how good" were the "negro leagues?" Most people don't know that they were usually around A-AA level ball. That would explain why there were so many "great" hitters. Very few "Great" pitchers.

Tom Iron...

Thanks Tom, however when it comes to putting the needle to guys I got more experience then a doctor. But it's good advice just the same.