A very busy March 3rd

JD074

Master
Not huge fights, but quite a few of them!

Alexander Povetkin vs. David Bostice

Oktay Urkal vs. Miguel Cotto

Edison Miranda vs. Allan Green (I'm somewhat interested in the outcome since Pavlik could potentially- hopefully- fight the winner...?)

Vic Darchinyan vs. Victor Burgos

Robert Stieglitz vs. Alejandro Berrio

And in the UFC, Randy Couture, Tim Sylvia, Matt Hughes, and Rich Franklin will all be fighting.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Ther's a April fight scheduled between Evander Holyfield and Vinny Maddalone. Vinny is seen by some as a up and coming fighter, so this is big for him. Of course, others see him as just a entertaining slugger and not top ten worthy. Should be a good fight.

Iron

Guru
Darchinyan is another white guy who should be among the p4p best in the world.reminds me alot of Johnny Tapia,throws punches in bunches with the power to go with it.Darchinyan maybe the best White fighter in the world based on his talent and unbeaten resume,but like so many of the little guys ,being a flyweight he's overlooked somewhat.

it just goes to show how much boxing's changed for the better over the last five years as Johnny Tapia was pretty much the only world class white guy opperating from the mid to late 90,s.Now theirs a slew of them from heavy to fly.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Are all these fights on HBO, and if so, would someone be willing to keep us "less priviledged" informed about each fight?

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
Are all these fights on HBO, and if so, would someone be willing to keep us "less priviledged" informed about each fight?

I'm going to be watching the UFC on PPV. I'm not sure I can do a literal play by play but I can take notes and update as time allows.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I'd be satisfied just knowing who wins each fight.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
The less privileged Colonel Reb...what's that old time saying "let them eat cake"
smiley2.gif
Just kidding, my finances are tight as well and I can't afford a ppv every month.

JD074

Master
The Cotto/ Urkal and Miranda/ Green fights are on HBO, and Darchinyan is on Showtime. We'll have to "Google News" the other two.
smiley36.gif

BTW, Urkal is from Germany, but is of Turkish descent- if anybody gives a sh*t (probably not.) The general consensus is that he doesn't have much of a chance against Cotto anyway, so it doesn't matter.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the info on that, JD.

dkr77

Guru
I'm ordering the UFC and will post results if no on else has after the fights. Anyone know if the other fight's are being televised?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Are any of the fights underway yet?

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Reb, see the UFC forum for a UFC 68 Results thread. I've posted the results of the first fight there already.

JD074

Master
Darchinyan won, 12th round TKO (his opponent left the ring on a stretcher)

Povetkin won, 2nd round stoppage

Stieglitz lost, 3rd round stoppage

Urkal lost, trainer threw in the towel late in the fight (he did better than expected)

Miranda defeated Green, Miranda knocked down Green twice in the final round, after Green floored him earlier in the fight.