A sane Samhain for once.

White_Savage

Mentor
A little late perhaps, but...

I was happy to see there were no well-publicized attacks on this ancient supposedly "devilish" holiday this year.

Samhain (pronounced "Sow-in", not "Sam-Hane", that's how you can tell someone who's stuided some actual Celtic history from from a "Wicca" or "Goth" idiot) was the Celtic New Year, marking the gap between the warm half and the cold half of the year. Ancestral spirit were important to our Northern European forbears, and they believed these spirits were especially close to them on this day. (The Germanic peoples had a very similar holiday a little later in November.) There would be both feasting and athletic contests, such as footracing, wrestling, spear and stone throwing, etc. The hearthfires in all homes would be extinguished, then relit and kept burning until next year, to symbolize the death of the old year and the birth of the new.

As I say, I've seen people attacking any celebration of this day in recent times as "Satanic", a rather odd position since our ancestors did not believe in this character of Judaic belief.. Samhain is just as good Yule, or the feast day of Eostre, or any other Celtic/Germanic holidays the Medieval Catholic church co-opted. IOW, if you believe in the traditions and heritage of the White man, you can't knock Samhain.