A Dying Breed

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
"People let their wants outpace their needs, and that's why we're in economic trouble now," he said.

He may be eccentric, but he`s right on the money with this one.

Thanks for the link, Don.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Great article Don! This old fellow has it right. I wonder what the city will do to force the others onto its water system?
smiley5.gif

Kaptain

Master
City Sewer and water is often just a ploy to increase tax revenue. Where I live there are rumors that city sewer and water is on its way. We all already have private wells and septic tanks. City water is not needed nor wanted. Not only does it contain chemical additives that have questionable health risks, it is an unneccessary expense and a permanent tax.

I travelled to Arizona this summer by car from minnesota. I noticed a lot of public windmills out in the countryside. People have to realize that you will NEVER get control of expenses if some other public organization is your sole source for a resource. You will still have to pay an inflated bill even if it is powered by wind. Why not have your own windmill(s) in rural areas on your private property, or put-up your own solar panels and pay nobody like this guy in the article? More people need to think like him.

In Brazil they make ethanol out of sugar to power their cars. The cars all run on 100% ethanol. We have the richest farmland in the world and highest technology yet people still pay outrageous gas prices to run their cars. Brazil started this in the 70's - where have we been?

whiteCB

Master
This article put a smile on my face. Good to hear about a person who feeds off their own land and doesn't want or need any outsider businessman crook's help. AMEN!!

guest301

Hall of Famer
Kaptain Poop said:
In Brazil they make ethanol out of sugar to power their cars. The cars all run on 100% ethanol. We have the richest farmland in the world and highest technology yet people still pay outrageous gas prices to run their cars. Brazil started this in the 70's - where have we been?

That's a interesting fact about Brazil. I am gathering from that little nugget that sugar based ethanol is alot more effective and useful than the corn based ethanol we use. If Brazil can do it, we can do it.