94% of American Jews say they are proud to be Jewish

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
94% of American Jews say they are proud to be Jewish. Few would dare say Jews are bigoted or racist for being proud of who they are (most Jews consider themselves to be a different race, many have no religious beliefs).

Why then is it considered racist to be proud of being white? Why is it considered bigoted to be proud to be Christian?

Is there a double standard?

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/10/01/study-american-jews-losing-their-religion/?hpt=hp_t2

Even among religious Jews, most say it's not necessary to believe in God to be Jewish, and less than one in three say religion is very important to their lives.

Still, the vast majority of American Jews (94%) say they are proud to be Jewish.

"The fact that many Jews tell us that religion is not particularly important to them," Smith said, "doesn't mean that being Jewish is not important to them."

Last edited:
Carcharias, Sir, I know what you're saying. But somehow, I've run into Jews who didn't fit that mold. The two Jews I knew (both dead now) served in our Army and were extemely proud of that service. One even got thrown out of his Temple for protesting they had no American flag, only the blue and white one with the star of david. The other guy was in his local VFW and wouldn't join the Jewish War Veterans, said there was no need for a religious war veteran organization.
Two good guys. As American as they come.

joegoofinoff...

seattlefan

Guru
Jews of all groups in America are probably the least likely to serve in the military. Very few of them are sympathetic to any ideas we talk about here, and a much larger percentage are actively working against such ideas.

Jews of all groups in America are probably the least likely to serve in the military. Very few of them are sympathetic to any ideas we talk about here, and a much larger percentage are actively working against such ideas.

Seattle,
Have you served in the military (or spent time on a base) recently ?
Half the cars coming & going on the base have Caribbean national flags hanging from the rear-view mirrors. A lot of the modern military service has less to do (in my opinion), with patriotism, and more to do with receiving citizenship & all the subsidized perks of the American military.. Subsidized housing, food & medicine are strong magnets for 3rd world immigrants to enlist.
I don't know if American Jews are under-represented, but ppl from more comfortable backgrounds don't have that same incentive to enlist.

I'm with 'JoeG', the older Jews (my granddad's generation) I knew growing up, were proud WW2 vets , so based on first-hand personal experience I don't have a negative view of American Jews' patriotism.. but it's just a small, personal sampling.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Seattle,
Have you served in the military (or spent time on a base) recently ?
Half the cars coming & going on the base have Caribbean national flags hanging from the rear-view mirrors. A lot of the modern military service has less to do (in my opinion), with patriotism, and more to do with receiving citizenship & all the subsidized perks of the American military.. Subsidized housing, food & medicine are strong magnets for 3rd world immigrants to enlist.
I don't know if American Jews are under-represented, but ppl from more comfortable backgrounds don't have that same incentive to enlist.

I'm with 'JoeG', the older Jews (my granddad's generation) I knew growing up, were proud WW2 vets , so based on first-hand personal experience I don't have a negative view of American Jews' patriotism.. but it's just a small, personal sampling.
Nothing wrong with having ethnic pride. But does your ethnic pride supersede your national loyalties? Jewish extremists it seems like Israel supersedes birth nation loyalty. Just look at the Johnathan Pollard case.....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Pollard

Wes Woodhead

Mentor
No matter how they appear to act on the outside you can be sure that most of them are extremely anti goyim on the inside. Even atheist jews believe that they are special (chosen) god-people. Of course like every other people its not ALL of them.

ALL blacks dont think whitey owes them everything, but MOST do. ALL Asians dont believe that they are smarter than whites, but MOST do. All jews dont believe that they are the actual body of God almighty, but MOST do.