714*

Poacher

Mentor
Well, the cheating/ anti-white racist barry "i don't sign for white people" bonds just hit number 714. And predictably the caste media is spraying it everywhere. I can't believe this. It is so insulting that this "man" should get a free pass on everything he's done and said.

I predict that Bonds will hit one more and retire immediately. Thereby giving the finger to white baseball fans everywhere.

white is right

Hall of Famer
If he can make a run at Aaron he will. If he is way short and his body is breaking down he won't. His ego is way too big for him to retire on the spot.......

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
AlthoughBonds should not be allowed to be playing baseball, at least his accomplishment has been tainted in the minds of sports fans. But then again, in 10 or 20 years he'll be forgiven and be an honored folk hero, while the ever-gullible public is lectured on all the "racism" poor Barry had to endure. And it will be generally accepted at that timethat much of the dislike presently shown toward Bonds was because he is black. After all, most football fans believe that whites have never played running back, receiver and cornerback competently since the NFL was integrated. Repeat an uncontradicted lie often enough and it becomes fact in the general mind.

C Darwin

Mentor
It is being reported that the Oakland fans were not hostile
towards Bonds when he hit his HR. Can anyone confirm this?
The media is not playing the audio as bonds ran the bases.

texasheat

I don't know about there being all that much pro-Barry media out there. Outside of ESPN's stupid infomercial (Bonds on Bonds) and their need to promote it incessantly, other media outlets are being much more balanced. Shoot, Scott Miller over at CBS.Sportsline has an article right now entitled "Swatting the Sultan with an unfair edge" that pretty much talks about how unworthy Bonds is of getting to Babe's record. That's but one example of what I've seen lately.

And everyone should also feel good about the fact that test patterns on TV apparently get better ratings than Bonds' bomb of a TV show.
smiley4.gif

Baseball's corporate sponsors are said to not want Bonds around. Warner Wolf said this on CourtTV before the season.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I think more of this is being made than is worthy.

The Babe's record has already been broken. Meeting a milestone that no longer stands shouldn't be accorded as much attention as this is. Hank Aaron, another black baseball player, already beat the Babe's record and that is the one Bonds should be chasing.

If a player is chasing the single season home run record, who's number does he need to hit? The Babe's? Roger Maris'? McGuire's? Or Bond's?

This is being touted as Bonds v Ruth by the racists in the media only because they want to see another black man beat a record set by a white man, especially one as idolized as the Babe. It isn't about hitting 715 homeruns.