700 Billion Dollar Bailout!

Tom Iron

Mentor
Menelik,

Seems a bleak picture. However, I don't buy it. For once, it's my opinion that this congress stood tall for the people. Let these Wall Street people go down. I know they'll be a lot of people get hurt by this, but they were complicit in this mess and the taxpayers shouldn't be made to pull their chesnuts out of the fire. I say Wall St. be dam*ed and let the chips fall where hey may.

Tom Iron...

Poacher

Mentor
Burn baby burn...it's a housing bubble inferno!

But really, I agree with Tom on this one. For once our so-called representatives stood their ground. I'm not sure if it was fear or courage that compelled them but the result is the same. For now the mulicultural elite have been prevented from foisting all of this government sanctioned sub-prime debt on the middle class which would have added to an already impossible burden.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Have to hand it to the House Republicans and a few of the Dems. They said NO. People have been calling in and telling them not to vote for it - five weeks out from an election. Good for them.

Truth is I have no idea what will happen with or without a bailout. But since I don't get paid to pretend that I do, I can say that, unlike all the economists and congressman talking about this.

The only guy I'd trust to handle this issue is Ron Paul.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I have yet to find an MSM story sympathetic to the vote against the bailout and pointing out that (like immigration defeat) it was due entirely to the will of the people putting the heat on the politicians.

I thought I finally found one in USA Today, article headline was something like "Public Anger Over bailout Mess" but lo and behold the anger cited was interviews with some idiots that were angry that the House didn't reach a compromise and pass the bill! WTF! Even Orwell couldn't have imagined the iron rule of the corporate/gov't media circa 2008.

I expect something to pass, Gov't wants it too much, they have the media in their pocket, both party's leadership, and a good amount of the sheeple who feel it is their duty to hand out charity, even to filthy rich financiers.