49 Year Old Jamie Moyer Hoping to Make the Rockies Roster

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Moyer became the oldest pitcher to win a game tonight, at age 49 years and 150 days. :clap2: I hope he can still pitch well enough this season to come back next year and win some games as a 50 year old. It was his 268th career win.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
That is an awesome story! I'll try to keep track of him from now on.

white is right

Hall of Famer
That is an awesome story! I'll try to keep track of him from now on.
He is getting guys out with an 80 mile an hour fastball and 75 mile an hour offspeed pitches(according to Barry Larkin). It's quite conceivable he could make a run at 300 if his arm holds up over the next two seasons. Truly amazing considering he wasn't viewed as more than a journeyman until the last few years.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
He is getting guys out with an 80 mile an hour fastball and 75 mile an hour offspeed pitches(according to Barry Larkin). It's quite conceivable he could make a run at 300 if his arm holds up over the next two seasons. Truly amazing considering he wasn't viewed as more than a journeyman until the last few years.

That really is incredible. Moyer will be pitching Sunday at 3:10PM Eastern at home against the Mets. Maybe I'll get to see him pitch on TV before too long.