2024 Outdoor season

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I salute all the hard working track and field athletes in Russia. Hopefully this will be the last Olympics that they miss. These men and women train so hard and they deserve the chance to compete! Just a quick view of some of them training & having fun!

mqdefault.jpg

Ivan Ezhov

white lightning

Hall of Famer

mqdefault.jpg

Ivan Ezhov

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
At the same meet, he won the 200m in 20.02 (2.9w)

Thanks for all of the great updates brother! You have to wonder if his agent or people around him are reading our posts? It's crazy that
he is running the 100 & 200 meters again. I'm very thankful and I hope it continues but like I said a few days ago that I'm shocked!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Official Song for the 2024 Paris Olympic Games. The name just makes me shake my head as to the reason it's called that. It is
a cool video and at least she has a nice voice.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
At the East Coast Relays this weekend, I am very surprised to see Christophe Lemaitre is entered in the 100m!!
Many others entered including Andre deGrasse, Lamont Jacobs, Bingtian Su, Renan Correa, and numerous athletes from Germany and France.
My guess is that Lemaitre is attempting to make the French 4x100 relay team, so he can participate in the Olympics in Paris.
I'm sure it would something special to be a part of the French team at the Olympics in France.
However, my gut feeling is that he is no longer fast enough to make the team, even as an alternate.
But let's see what happens this weekend!

Last edited:

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
17 year old Aillxier Wumaier of China, set a National Record in the 400m with a time of 45.79. Fantastic time for a 17 year old.
He looks like he may be part white.
Here's his race:
Wumaier won the Asian U20 Championships with a time of 45.52.
Other impressive winners were 15 year old Chen Yujie who won the girl's 100m in 11.32 (0.7w), and 17 year old Zeng Keli who won boys' 100m in 10.19 (+0.4m/s).
Very impressive times for their ages.

Last edited:

mastermulti

Master
At the East Coast Relays this weekend, I am very surprised to see Christophe Lemaitre is entered in the 100m!!
Many others entered including Andre deGrasse, Lamont Jacobs, Bingtian Su, Renan Correa, and numerous athletes from Germany and France.
My guess is that Lemaitre is attempting to make the French 4x100 relay team, so he can participate in the Olympics in Paris.
I'm sure it would something special to be a part of the French team at the Olympics in France.
However, my gut feeling is that he is no longer fast enough to make the team, even as an alternate.
But let's see what happens this weekend!
that's interesting about Lemaitre. He'll be 34 in Paris. I wonder what he expects and if he's been putting decent training in this year. I would have thought he'd be down around 11 seconds club level now. Is he being sentimentally optimistic or has been really doing some work?
He has no 100 or 200 times on the board but has run 6.88/60m 3 months ago.
I'm not sure Correa's got too much form atm either by recent results. 10.29 in warm Florida last week with a perfect +1.9mps.
Will be fascinating to see how they both go

mastermulti

Master
Wumaier won the Asian U20 Championships with a time of 45.52.
Other impressive winners were 15 year old Chen Yujie who won the girl's 100m in 11.32 (0.7w), and 17 year old Zeng Keli who won boys' 100m in 10.19 (+0.4m/s).
Very impressive times for their ages.
that's a really top 15 year old girl's time. They've had some fast men coming through but it hasn't been the case in the female division. Maybe this young lady will be a catalyst for changing that situation

NWsoccerfan

Mentor
Seeing that Lemaitre is running gives me that nostalgic feeling from about a decade ago or more. I would expect about 10.7 territory from him, but who really knows. Maybe with age and maturity he’s gained more confidence and wants to give it an another go. Plenty of athletes have run fast times well into their 30’s so we can always hope!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Seeing that Lemaitre is running gives me that nostalgic feeling from about a decade ago or more. I would expect about 10.7 territory from him, but who really knows. Maybe with age and maturity he’s gained more confidence and wants to give it an another go. Plenty of athletes have run fast times well into their 30’s so we can always hope!

Those were some of the best times on this board. The Lemaitre Thread is epic! He will always be the first white sprinter to go sub 10 wind legal and he also run sub 20 in the 200 meters. So much talent but he just never had the confidence & work ethic to get even faster. He truely was as natural a talent as you will ever see!

NWsoccerfan

Mentor
I know Lemaitre gets a lot of flack for not being tough enough mentally but I really think he showed a lot of mental fortitude in certain races. This one specifically where he had a lot of ground to make up against a stacked field and won.