2023 NY Giants

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
2023 NY Giants Preview
The Giants have been a very anti-White organization since the days of GM Ernie Accorsi when they had the last starting White CB and also had Whites at WR and RB (occasionally). Since then they have been a typical Caste Squad; White QB, some O-lineman, TE and maybe 1 linebacker (on a good year). In year 2 of Schoen & Daboll, it looks like more of the same for this typical Caste Squad, that overachieved last year in part due to better coaching than previous regimes.

Total White Athletes on Roster (Starters in bold):
12 Whites total, with 4 starters. Grade: F

QB - Daniel Jones
TE - Daniel Bellinger
G - Mark Glowinski, Justin Pugh, Shane Lemieux
C - John Michael Schmitz, Ben Bredeson
ILB - Micah McFadden, Carter Coughlin

K - Graham Gano
P - Jamie Gillan
LS - Casey Kreiter

IR - JC Hassenauer (OL), Chris Myarick (TE/FB), Tommy Sweeney (TE)
PS - Tommy DeVito (QB), Cole Beasley (WR) IR

This team has dropped from 13/14 Whites last year to only 11. The starter count remains the same. Bellinger lost his spot to the talented, but often hurt, receiving TE Waller. McFadden has secured the starting WILL, making the total a wash. The practice squad has less Whites than last year. Looks like Schoen and Daboll are trying to blacken up the Giants back to Jerry Reese days.

The most compelling player on this squad is Daniel Jones. In his make or break season last year, he passed the test with flying colors and got himself a new contract with better pay. Basically a poor man's Josh Allen, Jones was efficient passing and ran for over 700 yards and 7 touchdowns. 2nd best for a White QB after the aforementioned Allen. With improved receivers (on paper) I'm hoping Jones improves his passing while continually "surprising" defenses with his speed and running ability. Beyond Jones its bleak. Bellinger had a very good rookie year for a TE but was still displaced. I think he'll get alot of snaps still and will be the eventual starter again in a year or 2. Schmitz was a highly touted center prospect and should give the Giants a good one for years to come. Glowinski and Bredeson are return starters from last year but not considered elite and could be replaced for more diversity. The 1st round sumo tackles are overrated in my opinion. Especially Neal but lets see if I'm proven wrong. At receiver, David Sills was once again the top receiver in the preseason for the Giants but was cut anyway. Instead of being jerked around in NY for another season, he signed with the Broncos PS where hopefully he'll get a shot. Cole Beasley likely would have made the squad as the 5th receiver but was hurt early in preseason. He's now on the PS injured list, which I did not know existed. He'll have to miss 4 games before returning to action. I expect him on the 53 at some point. The other PS player of interest is Tommy DeVito who had a very good preseason and camp. There were a sizable number of Giants DWFs who were hoping he would be named the backup but the Giants weren't about to cut a revered black QB. Best case scenario is Taylor is gone next offseason and DeVito slides in.

On defense, the bright spot is McFadden who had a good rookie year and earned a starting spot. Expect him to be a tackling machine, as nearly every White linebacker is. Carter Coughlin is talented but this coaching staff see him as nothing more than a WSTD. He's always on the fringe of the 53 and could be cut at anytime.

I had higher hopes for Schoen and Daboll but they've been reliable Caste Goons like 90% of NFL decision makers. I'll follow the team for Jones mainly but I can't support this squad overall.

Edit: some offensive line changes

Last edited:

Warhawk_46

Master
2023 NY Giants Preview
The Giants have been a very anti-White organization since the days of GM Ernie Accorsi when they had the last starting White CB and also had Whites at WR and RB (occasionally). Since then they have been a typical Caste Squad; White QB, some O-lineman, TE and maybe 1 linebacker (on a good year). In year 2 of Schoen & Daboll, it looks like more of the same for this typical Caste Squad, that overachieved last year in part due to better coaching than previous regimes.

Total White Athletes on Roster (Starters in bold):
11 Whites total, with 5 starters. Grade: F

QB - Daniel Jones
TE - Daniel Bellinger
G - Mark Glowinski, Ben Bredeson, Shane Lemieux
C - John Michael Schmitz
ILB - Micah McFadden, Carter Coughlin

K - Graham Gano
P - Jamie Gillan
LS - Casey Kreiter

IR - JC Hassenauer (OL), Chris Myarick (TE/FB), Tommy Sweeney (TE)
PS - Tommy DeVito (QB), Cole Beasley (WR) IR

This team has dropped from 13/14 Whites to only 11. The starter count remains the same. Bellinger lost his spot to the talented, but often hurt, receiving TE Waller. McFadden has secured the starting WILL, making the total a wash. The practice squad has less Whites than last year. Looks like Schoen and Daboll are trying to blacken up the Giants back to Jerry Reece days.

The most compelling player on this squad is Daniel Jones. In his make or break season last year, he passed the test with flying colors and got himself a new contract with better pay. Basically a poor man's Josh Allen, Jones was efficient passing and ran for over 700 yards and 7 touchdowns. 2nd best for a White QB after the aforementioned Allen. With improved receivers (on paper) I'm hoping Jones improves his passing while continually "surprising" defenses with his speed and running ability. Beyond Jones its bleak. Bellinger had a very good rookie year for a TE but was still displaced. I think he'll get alot of snaps still and will be the eventual starter again in a year or 2. Schmitz was a highly touted center prospect and should give the Giants a good one for years to come. Glowinski and Bredeson are return starters from last year but not considered elite and could be replaced for more diversity. The 1st round sumo tackles are overrated in my opinion. Especially Neal but lets see if I'm proven wrong. At receiver, David Sills was once again the top receiver in the preseason for the Giants but was cut anyway. Instead of being jerked around in NY for another season, he signed with the Broncos PS where hopefully he'll get a shot. Cole Beasley likely would have made the squad as the 5th receiver but was hurt early in preseason. He's now on the PS injured list, which I did not know existed. He'll have to miss 4 games before returning to action. I expect him on the 53 at some point. The other PS player of interest is Tommy DeVito who had a very good preseason and camp. There were a sizable number of Giants DWFs who were hoping he would be named the backup but the Giants weren't about to cut a revered black QB. Best case scenario is Taylor is gone next offseason and DeVito slides in.

On defense, the bright spot is McFadden who had a good rookie year and earned a starting spot. Expect him to be a tackling machine, as nearly every White linebacker is. Carter Coughlin is talented but this coaching staff see him as nothing more than a WSTD. He's always on the fringe of the 53 and could be cut at anytime.

I had higher hopes for Schoen and Daboll but they've been reliable Caste Goons like 90% of NFL decision makers. I'll follow the team for Jones mainly but I can't support this squad overall.
I’m especially rooting for Bredeson to succeed and play well. He went to the same high school I did (I’m much older) and has the tools to bee very good.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Freak athlete that can’t stay healthy and cant catch.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Another one of those players with "mouth-watering upside" who "shows flashes" and all of that tripe. Sure, Waller has all of those measurables and has looked good in spurts, but always ends up disappearing, getting hurt, or both.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
This is good. Waller was doing nothing for the team. Now Bellinger starts again and gets more chances to develop. He’s a real TE, so his blocking will help the running game. He’s also no slouch catching the ball so the Giants should be more balanced.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Another one of those players with "mouth-watering upside" who "shows flashes" and all of that tripe. Sure, Waller has all of those measurables and has looked good in spurts, but always ends up disappearing, getting hurt, or both.
Al Davis used to say you can't lose with these type of speedsters. What a joke. The Raiders were way better back in the 1970's & 80's. Since
then they have went full Caste. Yeah Waller is just another hyped up injury prone player that will probably never live up to the hype!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The worst is confirmed. Gotta wonder now if Jones will be able to return as a starter for the Giants, or any other team for that matter. Unless his rehab goes faster than most it'll likely be the middle of next season before he's ready to play again:

Giants HC Brian Daboll said an MRI confirmed a torn ACL for QB Daniel Jones, ending his season.
The worst was confirmed for Jones and the Giants, as their down 2023 continues to only get worse. Fresh off signing a four-year, $160 million extension this offseason, Jones led the Giants to a 1-5 record this season while throwing for 909-2-6 and completing 67.5 percent of his passes. With Tyrod Taylor (ribs) out for at least three more games, the Giants will have to decide between Tommy DeVito, Matt Barkley, or a free agent off the street to start in Week 10 against the Cowboys. DeVito threw for 175-1-2 and could be the early favorite to start this week, although it doesn’t matter much as far as fantasy is concerned. The only player worth trusting on this offense is Saquon Barkley.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Dough boy Dabol declares tire rod earned it! Dat upside even when you are a journeyman QB in his mid 30s..

That's a joke. Earned what? Why not just let Devito get more reps in a lost season? I wish Taylor and Dobbs would follow Bridgewater's example and retire this offseason!

icsept

Master
Tyrod won’t make it through two games. He’s injury prone and the Giants have a horrible o-line.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
So the giants benched a paesano like Tommy “cutlets” for Tie-rod or brake pad Taylor or whatever. Forget the fact that Tommy played better and they play in a place with lots of Italian American fans who loved Tommy d and would have supported him a for a while longer. What a hoax. I was actually ready to become a giants fan.

No longer .