2022 NFL Week 5

Yeah, I mean the Rams running backs have been tearing it up this year, so I made no sense for them to keep a third stringer around much less see if he can be productive… you know since the 1st and 2nd stringers were playing so well…
It makes zero sense from the outside, but we don't know why he was released.

For all we know, he may have committed the cardinal sin of requesting to play in the games (especially given their current struggles running the ball). A man of Funk's ethnicity and position asking to play more could be perceived as offensive to the coaches and locker room. I believe the NFL has a rule that only players with unlimited upside and room-brightening smiles are allowed to request more playing time.

I have no evidence for my theory but seems to make as much sense as any other possibility.

Last edited:

Warhawk_46

Master

For all we know, he may have committed the cardinal sin of requesting to play in the games (especially given their current struggles running the ball). A man of Funk's ethnicity and position asking to play more could be perceived as offensive to the coaches and locker room. I believe the NFL has a rule that only players with unlimited upside and room-brightening smiles are allowed to request more playing time.

I have no evidence for my theory but seems to make as much sense as any other possibility.
That is likely the case… Funk told coaches/management… “Look dumbasses… these two bruthas in front of me are worse than my uncle - who is dead by the way - maybe it’s about time you played a running back who is younger, more skilled, faster, stronger and with much better vision…me.”

El Gringo

Mentor

Great posts FC!

Flint

Mentor
That NE team was great to watch (and the most WINNING franchise in NFL history throughout those White-friendly years). As you say, Danny rotated in but he never seemed to rise above 2nd (3rd at times) on the RB depth chart, and was underutilized, only receiving around 6-8 touches per game on average in the NE years. It felt like more, because he did so much with those touches.

The difference is CMac would be the undisputed featured back in the LA offense, likely be getting the ball 20 times per game, along with 2 White WRs and a Tight End. Still unprecedented IMO.
I can’t see the Rams in the running for CMAC as he would garner at least a first round pick which the Rams already dealt to Detroit for Stafford.

I'm really hoping for C-Mac to the Bills, particularly because Josh Allen is an athletic dual-threat QB who could have 5-6 designed runs per game and take some of the workload off C-Mac and lessen his chance of injury. Would definitely be a dynamic duo.