2017 Cincinnati Bearcats

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Since '05, Cincinnati has started 12, 12, 10, 8, 10, 8, 10, 10, 10, 8, 5 and 5 white starters. In 2017 it looks like they may bump back up to 7 white starters.

Caste Tool Tommy Tuberville is gone and in comes Luke Fickell who coached under both Urban Meyer and Jim Tressell. It looked like he was going to follow their formula of having a quoatback led offense as he managed to get a OSU transfer in Torrance Gibson who has since left to go to junior college. My guess is Fickell has a deal with him that he will hand him the starting job if he returns to Cincinatti after a season at JUCO. I think this situation will pretty much make or break Fickell from a caste perspective.

There are a couple of DE transfers - one from OSU and one from BC that won't be eligible until 2018 and some white freshman RBs but who knows if they will get a shot. I don't have really high hopes for Fickell but Tubberville really darkened up the roster as the historical numbers of white starters show.

White backups to look out for are: QB Ross Trail, QB Jake Sopko, TE Josiah Deguara, TE Garrett Weaver, LB Kyle Bolden, DE Caleb Ashworth, LB Ty Sponseller LB Joel Dublanko

Offense
QB- Hayden Moore
TE - Tyler Cogswell
LT- Ryan Stout
LG- Garrett Campbell
C - David Niehaus
RG - Will Steur

Defense
SS Carter Jacobs