2014 NFL Draft

Shadowlight

Master
Never too early for these things. Some have been mentioned before but two athletic QB's to keep a close eye on. Johnny Football is rated as high as number 2 pick in entire draft so opinion varies. Connor Shaw of South Carolina can really run.
Jared Abbrederis out of Wisconsin is lone top receiver right now lets hope that changes. Stanford has a couple of defensive guys Murphy and Gardner. Max Bollough out of Mich ST and Chris Borland out of Wisc. are top three round LBs. And Vinnie Sunseri out of Bama who was terrific last year is an athletic safety. And some boards have Taylor Martinez as a QB drafted in first three rounds. Martinez is 100 per cent white not hispanic in case some of you are not aware.
A lot depends on how people perform this season and again let us hope some speedy good wideouts emerge.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Two safeties are highly rated for next year - of course that is going to change - but Ty Zimmerman and Brian Blechen are both projected as high round draft picks next year.

L

Lew

I can't believe 4 quota backs are projected to go in the first round. Within 5 years the majority of starting qb's will be black quarterbacks.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I can't believe 4 quota backs are projected to go in the first round. Within 5 years the majority of starting qb's will be black quarterbacks.

Yea one can only hope this is a small spike in ****** QBs. Guys like Manziel, McArron, Mettenberger, Murray, Fales have good potential next year. I am sure though that the media, racist scouts and GMs will do their best to tear them down like Wilson, Jones, Barkley and Nassib were this year.

L

Lew

Yea one can only hope this is a small spike in ****** QBs. Guys like Manziel, McArron, Mettenberger, Murray, Fales have good potential next year. I am sure though that the media, racist scouts and GMs will do their best to tear them down like Wilson, Jones, Barkley and Nassib were this year.

What's funny now is that most of the DWF's are saying Manziel is a top 5 pick next year. They just haven't been fed their propaganda yet and told how to think. Give it some more time and those same DWF's will be saying he can't play in the NFL due to a variety of reasons.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
What's funny now is that most of the DWF's are saying Manziel is a top 5 pick next year. They just haven't been fed their propaganda yet and told how to think. Give it some more time and those same DWF's will be saying he can't play in the NFL due to a variety of reasons.

Yes very true. Funny how peoples perceptions change over a year after being fed bull**** and accepting it as truth.

Aaron Murray will be probably be hurt the most next year. They are going to rip him even though he was uber productive in the SEC (the DWF favorite conference and the NFLs farm league).

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member

Look how thoroughly Collin Klein was screwed over with the assistance of the corporate media and without a peep of protest from the DWFs. All the concern about how far Teo might fall in the draft, in the meantime Klein was also a Heisman finalist and was then conveniently filed in the memory hole. An NFL team should be designing an offense around his skill set, same as they do for mobile black QBs, but that's taboo.

I can see Manziel's size and "lack of arm strength" being used against him the same way Eric Crouch was prohibited from playing QB in the NFL.

Shadowlight

Master
Two safeties are highly rated for next year - of course that is going to change - but Ty Zimmerman and Brian Blechen are both projected as high round draft picks next year.

Zimmerman was fantastic last year and team fell apart after he got hurt. If he runs a 4.4 40 look out. Tanner Miller Iowa and Zack Craig OK ST are kind of on the radar. As for wideouts:
M Campanaro Wake and Amidon BC are also maybes--and there are others. Depends on their season production and workout times etc. Not familiar with Blechen.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Here's a little something I came across this morning, http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/poss...utback-bowl-south-photo-103012718--ncaaf.html According to this, the only place where a white player can be outstanding is OL. The rest of them are super-humans with mythical magical qualities. I particularly like the inclusion of the "Black Irishman", the super-conditioned Louis Nix III with his radiating musculature:
20130107_ajl_su8_113-6ac926a5b3e03dde18bbdc3cd2858a45

white is right

Hall of Famer
Here's a little something I came across this morning, http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/poss...utback-bowl-south-photo-103012718--ncaaf.html According to this, the only place where a white player can be outstanding is OL. The rest of them are super-humans with mythical magical qualities. I particularly like the inclusion of the "Black Irishman", the super-conditioned Louis Nix III with his radiating musculature:
20130107_ajl_su8_113-6ac926a5b3e03dde18bbdc3cd2858a45
Didn't I see his fathttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf-jzv6zOzk ass get slapped around by the Alabama lineman in the BCS game?

TwentyTwo

Master
The stats from the numbers 53-59 white players selected in the entire NFL Draft over the past 8 to 10 years?? Makes it hard to argue there is a strict/rigid caste system in place even for the delusional dwf's...

Hard to get excited w the 14' WR crop when only one white WR goes in the 13' draft in the absurd round #6! And Connor Vernon & Brandon Kaufman were even NOT picked! If there are too many impact white players at OT or TE...Some other position will have to suffer..like WR this year!? A few Fullbacks(4 or 5?) also taken cut into those numbers....Or vice-versa....where if OT is lighter....then just maybe there is an uptick with WR like in 10'? The Class that drafted(6 or 7 white) Decker, Shipley, Cooper, Kerry Meier, etc..(Blair White was not drafted)...but have to be careful and stay BELOW 60?? What's the average number of white WR's taken every year?? 3?

The 14' WR Class could be on a slippery slope with more impact OT's coming...Jake Matthews, Taylor Lewan(6'-8"), James Hurst....

I look for D-Lineman Cassius Marsh & Trent Murphy to be 1st Rounders...if DB's Zimmerman(ex QB) & Blechen don't go in 1st(like Harrison Smith)..there names should be called on Day 2(Rounds 2-3)

D-Lineman Walker May & Taylor Hart should get looks as well!

Last edited:

Tannehill17

Mentor
The DWF's of teams possibly in need of a quarterback are already out in full force with their claims that "Teddy Bridgewater, he be da ansah" in next years draft.

MiamiHeatFan

Alabama loves black quarterbacks

They can thank Jordan Jeffereson and Everett Golson for their championships. While a rookie White QB filling in for Colt McCoy almost beat them.

Last edited:

Shadowlight

Master
The stats from the numbers 53-59 white players selected in the entire NFL Draft over the past 8 to 10 years?? Makes it hard to argue there is a strict/rigid caste system in place even for the delusional dwf's...

Hard to get excited w the 14' WR crop when only one white WR goes in the 13' draft in the absurd round #6! And Connor Vernon & Brandon Kaufman were even NOT picked! If there are too many impact white players at OT or TE...Some other position will have to suffer..like WR this year!? A few Fullbacks(4 or 5?) also taken cut into those numbers....Or vice-versa....where if OT is lighter....then just maybe there is an uptick with WR like in 10'? The Class that drafted(6 or 7 white) Decker, Shipley, Cooper, Kerry Meier, etc..(Blair White was not drafted)...but have to be careful and stay BELOW 60?? What's the average number of white WR's taken every year?? 3?

The 14' WR Class could be on a slippery slope with more impact OT's coming...Jake Matthews, Taylor Lewan(6'-8"), James Hurst....

I look for D-Lineman Cassius Marsh & Trent Murphy to be 1st Rounders...if DB's Zimmerman(ex QB) & Blechen don't go in 1st(like Harrison Smith)..there names should be called on Day 2(Rounds 2-3)

D-Lineman Walker May & Taylor Hart should get looks as well!

I agree it is hard to get worked up over the 2014 WR class. But we can hope for some strong seasons extra surprises and great workout numbers and maybe just maybe more than one friggin WR will be drafted. There are a few sophs to keep an eye on ala Matt Miller. And I am still holding out hope most of the free agent 2013 wideouts make their teams and make some sort of impact. Imagine Rogers and Spadola making noise with the Jets who btw need WRs anyway.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I agree it is hard to get worked up over the 2014 WR class. But we can hope for some strong seasons extra surprises and great workout numbers and maybe just maybe more than one friggin WR will be drafted. There are a few sophs to keep an eye on ala Matt Miller. And I am still holding out hope most of the free agent 2013 wideouts make their teams and make some sort of impact. Imagine Rogers and Spadola making noise with the Jets who btw need WRs anyway.
The biggest problem with the 2014 WR class is the same as it's always been, just like the 2014 RB class is not looking good. It's not as if their aren't any exceptional white WR's out there. They're either buried on the depth chart and just used as practice fodder, they're toiling away at an NAIA school or they've just given up and joined the general population. That's what happens when EVERY recruiting "service" ignores them, in spite of their overwhelming majority status in HS football across the country. Just go to Maxpreps and search out the best statistical players, in whatever category you wish, and it's always extremely top-heavy with white players.

The biggest problem with the 2014 WR class is the same as it's always been, just like the 2014 RB class is not looking good. It's not as if their aren't any exceptional white WR's out there. They're either buried on the depth chart and just used as practice fodder, they're toiling away at an NAIA school or they've just given up and joined the general population. That's what happens when EVERY recruiting "service" ignores them, in spite of their overwhelming majority status in HS football across the country. Just go to Maxpreps and search out the best statistical players, in whatever category you wish, and it's always extremely top-heavy with white players.

All it really takes is a sober look at an SEC depth chart to see what a joke Rivals and Scout really are. I'm a UGA alum, and fan of their white players and their ever-shrinking number of non-thug black players. Every year I see white players that were not offered by any Division I school somehow manage to play and even start for the team that recruits affletes second only to Alabama. How is that possible? How can Rhett McGowan possibly be the #4 receiver when he received NO offers at all? How can Merritt Hall start at FB with no offers. His high school coach was perplexed by it. Same goes for Conner Norman, who started a few games at safety. Spring games and preseason NFL games are tough on the DWFs. They see things that just don't make sense, year after year. These guys get no offers at all, yet can compete and start in the SEC??? Shouldn't be possible. Jamie Newburg is an evil little man.