2012 World Junior Championships

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Hey guys. I just wanted to start a new thread for some of the young guns to watch out for in the future. There are many young boys and girls with alot of talent. Hugh Donavan is an Aussie that mastermulti would like. I am going to keep an eye on Patrick Domogala of Germany and many others in the sprints. Of course Adam Gemeli is the favorite. I worry about an injury this close to the olympics but hopefully he will take the gold. The World Junior Champs starts tommorow and runs all week long. Here is a list of the opening heats for the boys sprints in the 100 meters.

http://www.iaaf.org/Mini/WJC12/Resu...sh/roundCode=h/startlist.html#detM_100_hash_h

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Gemilli's pb is a good quarter second+ better than the field at these championships. If he is on A he should win this in a cake walk. Even the Jamaican "only" has a 10.3X pb.

Actually, there is a guy that has a p.b. of 10.29 from Japan. Adam Gemeli is still the heavy favorite though.

I want to see Domogala get his p.b. into the high 10.20's from Germany. I think this kid has very good potential for the future!

10.18 for Adam at -0.5 wind. Very nice and easy for him in the semi final.

Effordless technique too ...:icon_surprised:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I was also happy to see Carlos Nascimento make the final. Patrick Domogala lost out by 1/100th of a second to the kid from China. What a heart breaker. He should have made the finals but he just didn't get his usual explosive start. Gemeli looked beastly.

On the girls side, Sophie Papps of England is onto the finals and the girl from Germany. Not sure on the others.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Karakus of Turkey took 2nd in the girls 100 meters finals. She is a very good sprinter and I have to admit that I've never heard her name mentioned before. Papps and Meyer finished down around the middle of the pack.

It's almost time for Gemeli to work his magic. If he wins, he would be the 4th U.K. Sprinter to be crowned World Junior Champion in the boys 100 meters.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Adam Gemeli wins the world junior championship in a blazing time of 10.05 with 0.1 wind on a cold night. This kid is incredible. His form is amazing for having so little track experience. We have discussed how many sprinters are lost to sports like soccer, baseball, football, etc. This really helps to reaffirm that. I see this kid going sub 10 this summer! He is just flat out amazing. There was never a doubt. Can't wait for the video to be posted on youtube.com so we can upload it here.

Congrats to Adam on one of the best nights of his life. Next stop, the London Olympics! Oh hell yeah!

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
100 Metres - M Final

11 July 2012 - 21:45Wind: 0.1 m/sPosition Lane Bib Athlete Country Mark . React

1 6 338 Adam Gemili GBR 10.05 (CR) 0.155
2 7 911 Aaron Ernest USA 10.17 (PB) 0.175
3 3 524 Odean Skeen JAM 10.28 (PB) 0.118
4 4 918 Tyreek Hill USA 10.29 . 0.143
5 5 523 Jazeel Murphy JAM 10.29 . 0.154
6 2 341 Chijindu Ujah GBR 10.39 (PB) 0.137
7 9 728 Carlos Nascimento POR 10.41 (PB) 0.195
8 8 181 Zhenye Xie CHN 10.49 . 0.181

white lightning

Hall of Famer
How about a 1-2 in the world boys long jump final. The winner is the world junior long jump record holder. He has jumped further than any teenager in history! Amazing competition despite the cold weather.

Long Jump - M Final

11 July 2012 - 20:20Position Bib Athlete Country Mark Wind .

1 772 Sergey Morgunov RUS 8.09 (0.4) .
2 220 Andreas Trajkovski DEN 7.82 (-0.4) (NJ)
3 923 Jarrion Lawson USA 7.64 (0.1) .
4 176 Haibing Huang CHN 7.64 (0.4) .
5 380 Stephan Hartmann GER 7.54 (0.3) .
6 352 Elliot Safo GBR 7.51 (-0.4) .
7 179 Qing Lin CHN 7.49 (0.9) .
8 221 Frederik Thomsen DEN 7.36 (0.1) .
9 608 Dairis Rincs LAT 7.31 (-0.4) .
10 113 Tiago da Silva BRA 7.29 (-0.7) .
11 316 Guy-Elphège Anouman FRA 7.27 (0.5) .
12 877 Toros Pilikoglu TUR 7.15 (-1.3)

white is right

Hall of Famer
Karakus of Turkey took 2nd in the girls 100 meters finals. She is a very good sprinter and I have to admit that I've never heard her name mentioned before. Papps and Meyer finished down around the middle of the pack.

It's almost time for Gemeli to work his magic. If he wins, he would be the 4th U.K. Sprinter to be crowned World Junior Champion in the boys 100 meters.
You forgot a White Brazilian placed third too. Gemili looked excellent in the final and he is going to be a tough nut in London.

Maybe someone can clue me in to this as I do not follow the junior races to much but apparently Simon Schutz all 16 years of him competed int the 200 meter prelims running a 21.47 into a negative 0.9 wind. I did not know 16 year olds could compete against 18 year olds in a junior championship. Gives this kid 2 years and he will be running 20.5x maybe.

greyghost

Mentor
championships

note a young pole ran into the 20.8s into a wait for it "-4.5"....this guy has a huge upside if he stays in athletics...and as WL noted hugh donovan.. see there u go multi !!:thumb:also brilliant display by the decathlete( obviously white) from the states who took gold :thumb:.....

mastermulti

Master
note a young pole ran into the 20.8s into a wait for it "-4.5"....this guy has a huge upside if he stays in athletics...and as WL noted hugh donovan.. see there u go multi !!:thumb:also brilliant display by the decathlete( obviously white) from the states who took gold :thumb:.....

Really Hugh Donovan and Ben Jaworski were only lane fillers against the 10.35 or better sprinters.

Steve Solomon's 400 bronze and Jake Stein's silver in the decathlon and Nick Hough's silver in the hurdles were world class efforts though as was shot putter Birkinhead's bronze

white lightning

Hall of Famer
This kid from Poland is built like a football player. Karol Zalewski is going to be a kid to put on the watch list. A very solid frame on him and I have no doubt that he can run alot faster in the future. His strength really showed in this race against a hurricane wind. The announcers said the winning time was probably good for a time in the 20.60's range! Hope he saved enough energy for the finals tommorow. Here is the video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oz8VgSZ-vo

Adam Gemeli wins the world junior championship in a blazing time of 10.05 with 0.1 wind on a cold night. This kid is incredible. His form is amazing for having so little track experience. We have discussed how many sprinters are lost to sports like soccer, baseball, football, etc. This really helps to reaffirm that. I see this kid going sub 10 this summer! He is just flat out amazing. There was never a doubt. Can't wait for the video to be posted on youtube.com so we can upload it here.

Congrats to Adam on one of the best nights of his life. Next stop, the London Olympics! Oh hell yeah!

This guy does not look white. He is of Moroccan-Iranian descent.

amoeba man

Guru
This guy does not look white. He is of Moroccan-Iranian descent.

From what i've seen in some pictures he looks whitish,others not.He looks similar to some Sicilians though maybe a tad darker.Guys like Pete Sampras and Rafa Nadal are dark skinned but classed as white.I think some are rooting for him because he's of non African ancestry and having him aswell as Christophe on top of the sprint world would be great.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Karol Zalewski got robbed of a bronze medal in the 200 meters boys finals. Depsite him losing the tie breaker, he ran a time of 20.54 into a 0.4 negative wind. This kid is probably already Polands best sprinter even though he is still a teenager. He has plenty of room for upside and there is no reason to rush it. He seems more of a 200/400 guy but I would like to see what type of times he would run over 100 meters. Congrats to Zalewski on a good performance despite just missing the medal stand by a thousandth of a second!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Can someone here please post a video of the boys 200 meters finals? I've been able to find alot of the videos but I'm not having any luck with this race. I missed it live. Thanks in advance guys.

mastermulti

Master
I found the video myself. For anyone interested in watching it, here you go. Zalewski actually had a chance to win this race. Very exciting young prospect out of Poland.

here's the 4 x 100 heats

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhhNL3GlmPY&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrJSpENSFGk&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gbyw6f6I2M&feature=relmfu

chance of the world's second only sub 39 junior run. Japan now number 2 of all time after this heat

backrow

Hall of Famer
I found the video myself. For anyone interested in watching it, here you go. Zalewski actually had a chance to win this race. Very exciting young prospect out of Poland.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55qMEmelR7w

good find bud! too bad he was the only white guy there, but he definitely challenged the others. hopefully will develop and continue running 200 in the future. his PB in 100m is 10.51 btw

RAUL

Guru
homie are you american? if yes this tell me a lot:)) i ask you what race live in marroco and iran? mongoloid race? ******* race? caucasian race? i give you the answer in marroc and iran live caucasian people aka white of course his skin is not as white as nordic people,but this not mind he isn't 100 % caucasian.