2012 Alabama Crimson Tide

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Since '06, Alabama started 5, 4, 3, 8, 4 and 5 Whites. Nick Saban is an arrogant disciple of the caste system and it shows that he doesn't like White players, especially on defense. The Crimson Tide will likely start 4 Whites in 2012, unless you also count the rarely used FB Tommy Keys.

Whites backups include but are not limited to QB Phillip Ely, TE Brian Vogler, RB Ben Howell, C Ryan Kelly, LG Chad Lindsay, RT Austin Shepherd, LT Kellen Williams, and LB Dillon Lee.

Offense
QB A.J. McCarron
FB Tommy Keys-when they use one
C Barrett Jones
RG Anthony Steen

Defense
FS Vinnie Sunseri

TwentyTwo

Master
Last year no whites started on defense....2 got into the game Sunseri & Gentry and made things happen when they were allowed in the rotation...

Recruited as a LB...Vinnie Sunseri (6'-0 217) should make a BIG impact at safety this year! He hits like a train! Was the star of the Spring Game with an interception & fumble recovery for TD! I can see him playing inthe NFL!

Bama lost back-up DT-Clint Gentry who was in the rotation and made some nice plays in the BCS Championship Game last season....other back-up DT's include all on scholarship (RS-freshman) Wilson Love... true freshman Dakota Ball & William Ming (soph)...hopefully they can move quickly up on depth chart!

6'-4" freshman LB Dillon Lee is an intriguing prospect!

Hoping 6'-7" TE Brian Vogler can make some noise...

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Barrett Jones is the best OL in the NCAA. I'd love to see him win the Outland trophy again.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
At least Saban and Alabama actually recruit and play a couple of whites on D. That's miles ahead of where teams like Florida and South Carolina are at this point. I think around 3 whites will get playing time on Rammer Jammer's defense at some point this year, which is more than you can say for every other non-Vandy SEC team besides maybe Arkansas this year.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Relatively (SEC) speaking, Saban is pretty cozy to White defenders. In the grand scheme of things though, he's as castean as they come. If he ends up starting 2 or 3 White defenders for a full season, then I might give him some credit.