2011 Postseason

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Both teams starting six Whites out of nine for Game 7, the Cards with an all-White outfield. All six of the non-Whites starting are so-called hispanics of varying mixtures. Not a single black American, allegedly the world's greatest athletes, in either lineup.

Riddlewire

Master
Congratulations to Freese, Berkman, Carp, Motte, and Tony.
World Series Champions and heroes.

Nuts to Fat(head) Albert, who piled up stats in one game and did nothing for the rest of the series. That's been the story of his career.

rebelcart

Every time the announcers and media speak about Ron Washington, they talk about him like he's Jesus or something. They're always so in awe of him. "He's so gracious" they said. Only, if he were not a negro, he'd have been demonized and cast out completely by the media because of his drug addiction. But the negro always gets a free pass. I am thankful to God that he lost.

Cards win! Great to see Lance finally get his much deserved World Series championship. Being a current college baseball athlete there was nothing better than seeing a guy like David Freese hold that series MVP trophy above his head towards the crowd. His story is truly inspirational!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Every time the announcers and media speak about Ron Washington, they talk about him like he's Jesus or something. They're always so in awe of him. "He's so gracious" they said. Only, if he were not a negro, he'd have been demonized and cast out completely by the media because of his drug addiction. But the negro always gets a free pass. I am thankful to God that he lost.

Every single time the Rangers scored in Games 6 and 7 (and probably the others too but I only watched the last two games) there would be a close-up replay of Washington's reaction to the play, from the time the batter hit the ball until the runner or runners scored. Every single time. Overall, he was shown about five times as often as Tony LaRussa, one of the most accomplished managers in baseball history. That's why I was glad Texas didn't score after the first inning tonight as well as another reason to be glad St. Louis won. It was great to see Freese, Berkman, Motte and the rest shine.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer

Disappointing to see Ron Washington brought into this.. it's so cliche. The "media portrayal" -- and camera-panning -- is not of Washington's making. That portrayal appears to be that he has a "childlike enthusiasm" for the game from the dugout. That's his deal, and, fan of it or not, I'm not sure what is threatening about it. And, the Rangers' were noticeably Whiter this year compared to their World Series team from last year, so I don't see a darkening coming like black coaches have done with football and basketball.

And, this fear of if Texas was Champion.. I don't know where it's coming from. If Texas had won, Josh Hamilton would have had the same number of rings as Albert "GOAT" Pujols. I imagine that would be a surprise to many people.

Many people have battled addiction and are still battling it, including Josh Hamilton. I see the media as being accepting of Hamilton nowadays.

Last edited:

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Congrats to the Cardinals for making the most of their opportunity in the postseason! I'm especially happy for Berkman and Freese. It was a great World Series. This morning I was talking to a man who was totally clueless about baseball, the teams, and the World Series. Hard to believe that a 35 year old White man could be that "sheltered", but I guess there are worse things to be ignorant about. :biggrin: