2011 Oregon Ducks

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
The Ducks had 6 whites starting in 2007, 9 in 2008, 10 in 2009 and 10 last season. Here are the projected white starters for 2011.

WR-Justin Hoffman
TE-David Paulson
LT-Nick Cody
LG-Mark Asper
C-Ryan Clanton
RG-Carson York

DT-Taylor Hart
MLB-Kiko Alonso
FS-John Boyett

It looks like 9 starters this season.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Watch out for JC DT Jared Ebert! I bet he could get a starting job at some point this year!

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Jack Lambert said:
Watch out for JC DT Jared Ebert! I bet he could get a starting job at some point this year!

Good call! From a depth-chart I just looked at, Jared Ebert is listed at #2, behind Taylor Hart.

Their interior D-line doesn't look like a deep unit at all, and they clearly lack experience, so Ebert has a chance to attain good reps IMO. "Super-Poly" - Ricky Heimuli - will almost certainly start at one DT position.

I hope that Ebert wins the other DT job.

TwentyTwo

Master
Hard to believe the Ducks only had 6 white starters back in 07'...nice to see the gradual improvement and winning more...

Kiko Alonso was suspended (again); not sure what his status is? a bit of the Ryan Mallet mentality

Ebert has the look of an NFL Prospect!

Wish they had kept freshman stud Colt Lyerla on the defensive side of the ball...it had been said he's the best HS athlete to come out of HS since Julius Peppers.Edited by: TwentyTwo

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
A little update on Oregon. Brandon Hanna is starting at DE for the Ducks this year. Kiko Alonso is a 2nd string LB at this time.

The Ducks have another JUCO DT, Isaac Remington, who should see some time this year too.

Hroniss Grasu is starting at C, according to Rival's depth chart.

Bryan Bennett is Oregon's backup QB.

M

mattgianone

I dont know a lot about Justin Hoffman their new white wr, but its been said he ran a sub 3.8 pro shuttle drill which is amazing for someone at that position. I think hes also listed as 6'1" and 190 pounds. He might be one to watch down the road.

Riddlewire

Master
Oregon becomes the early favorite for the 2013 national championship game.

Darron Thomas to enter NFL Draft

Assuming rat-bastard Kelley doesn't try to rush some black quarterback into service (I'd say that's 50/50 right now), Bryan Bennett will take over for the Ducks.

Highlander

Mentor
Oregon becomes the early favorite for the 2013 national championship game.

Darron Thomas to enter NFL Draft

Assuming rat-bastard Kelley doesn't try to rush some black quarterback into service (I'd say that's 50/50 right now), Bryan Bennett will take over for the Ducks.
I think he felt Bennett breathing down his neck and decided to take his chances at the next level because of it. If he's not confident he could beat out Bennett next year, how does he think he's going to make it in the NFL?

Rising sophomore Bryan Bennett, who some Oregon fans believe is better than Thomas already -- faster, better passer -- now becomes the likely 2012 starter. This past season, he came on for the injured Thomas against Arizona State and started at Colorado, and his solid play inspired a QB controversy, albeit muted and brief.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I can't wait to see what Bennett can do next season! He played very well this past season when.n called upon. Nothing like having one less quota-back in the NCAA Div1 ranks