2011 North Carolina State Wolfpack

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Here are the projected white starters for Tom O'Brien's Wolfpack this year. It looks like NC State will get even whiter than last year, starting up to 11 whites this year. TE George Bryan is a beast and should be playing the NFL next year. MLB Audie Cole is an extremely athletic LB who could also be drafted next April. McKay Frandsen is a JC transfer who has a great chance to start straight away. Definatly nice to see this improvement in the ACC.
Offense
QB- Mike Glennon
FB- Taylor Gentry
TE- George Bryan
LT- R.J. Mattes
C- Camden Wentz
RT- Mikel Overgaard

Defense
DE- McKay Frandsen
DT- Markus Kuhn
DT- J.R. Sweezy
SE- Jeff Rieskemp
OLB- Audie Cole
FS- Brandan BishopEdited by: Jack Lambert

Last edited:

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Since '05, NC State has started 5, 7, 7, 8 and 9 Whites.

Edited by: Colonel_Reb

TwentyTwo

Master
Very encouraging...N.C. State with the same amount of starters as Colorado State...who would have thought that? I would expect JR Sweezy to be in a Pro Camp...

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
To me.. Sweezy is a thinner, less-muscled, version of J.J. Watt! He does have the strength to bust up a play initially, and then the acceleration/pursuit to finish it off!

In last year's NC State/Clemson game, Sweezy STRAIGHT-UP OUTPERFORMED DaQuan Bowers. NO lie!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Brandan Bishop is the projected starter at FS according the the two publications I refer to

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the heads up, Leonardfan!!
smiley1.gif
I assumed he was a black guy, since NC State usually doesn't care for white safeties. He was also a starter in the material I've read too, I just didn't notice it.

Who'd have thought NC State would be whiter than Colorado State?!?

Colonel, you can add one more white starter to NC State for this year and the last two years, according to his bio, Brandan's been starting for the last two years!!
smiley32.gif
He starte eight games as a true freshman!
smiley32.gif
Edited by: Jack Lambert

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Glad to add another White player, Jack and Leonardfan.
smiley20.gif

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Deadlift said:
To me.. Sweezy is a thinner, less-muscled, version of J.J. Watt! He does have the strength to bust up a play initially, and then the acceleration/pursuit to finish it off!

In last year's NC State/Clemson game, Sweezy STRAIGHT-UP OUTPERFORMED DaQuan Bowers. NO lie!
<div></div><div>Ready to see that freak athleticism this year! Too manytop whiteprospects at D-Line to get ignored it seems!! The talent pool has been deeper than usual lately and I'm loving it.</div>

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Some NC State news, I think DT Markus Kuhn is starting next to J.R. Sweezy now! But Sweezy is out for a few weeks with injury, but I think he'll get his spot back when he heals up, so NC State could have an all-white defensive front, and a majority white defense at some point!

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Some NC State news, I think DT Markus Kuhn is starting next to J.R. Sweezy now! But Sweezy is out for a few weeks with injury, but I think he'll get his spot back when he heals up, so NC State could have an all-white defensive front, and a majority white defense at some point!

I miss Sweezy, and so does State..

--Jeff Rieskamp has been out with a shoulder injury, but it sounds like they might get him back soon.

--Markus Kuhn looked pretty good yesterday.

--I'm not sure if McKay Frandsen starts, but he is receiving playing time. http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/511303/mckay-frandsen

Yesterday, (DT) Brian Slay -- highly-recruited coming out of high school -- left the game due to an injury. He has good size for the position, but has been completely underwhelming for State (Note: he's a Junior now..). Typical story of a black not being able to handle the bigger linemen that they face in college. The announcer said, "he's finally starting to understand how to play the position." They did admit that he hasn't lived up to the hype.

As far as this year, he feasted on Liberty and that's about it. He didn't do much against Wake Forest. So, I would disagree with the announcer's statement. http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/481468/brian-slay

So, after he left the game, they put "super Georgia specimen" - T.Y. McGill - in his place (#75 - a true frosh). A short, quite-obese, slob. He's another example of why I contend that Georgia blacks' tend to be the "most overrated athletes" in the South. Of course, the MSM would say that the state of Tennessee doesn't have "enough athletes" and that they play a "weaker-brand of football." But I digress.. here's McGill: http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/511311/ty-mcgill

With him being quite obese (already) as a true frosh, it would be quite the miracle for him to ever reach stardom. Yes, Sweezy is missed...