2011 Hawai'i Warriors

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Hawai'i recruits a lot of natives and other polynesians, so they don't have many Whites on the team or as starters. They do have a number of mixed players, but I don't count them here. Since
06' they have had 3, 4, 5, 5 and 3 White starters. Whites who might get playing time this season include QB Shane Austin and DT Zach Masch.

Offense
LT Austin Hansen
LG Brett Leonard
RT Levi Legay

Defense
STUB Brenden Daley

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
My apologies to Deadlift. I didn't think to look at the list before doing this preview. The way I'm feeling, I shouldn't be doing them anyway.

Vanilla_Sky

Mentor
At least they're not seeing a major decrease, though there's not many players to lose. Gotta give them a little respect for playing natives, if only schools in white states did the same. :/

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Walnut, I agree with you about that. Several posters have mentioned that before as well.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
In a positive development, sophomore WR Billy Ray Stutzmann, is leading the Warriors in receiving yards with 221. He is 2 receptions behind team leader, Ostrowski (don't be fooled by the name), who is a possession receiver at a mere 7.9 yards per catch.

Here's Billy Ray in action
60700_Colorado_Hawaii_Football.jpg

554612.jpg

Attachments

• 554612.jpg
    554612.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 60700_Colorado_Hawaii_Football.jpg
    60700_Colorado_Hawaii_Football.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 1

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
While I was looking up info on Stutzmann, I stumbled upon another White Hawai'i receiver, Justin Clapp. Filling in for the injured Ostrowski, Justin provided most of the scoring in a losing effort. His total on the day was 9 catches for 83 yards and 2 touchdowns. Hopefully he can stick as a starter or at least a rotational receiver. He is only a red-shirted sophomore.

Justin in HS as I can't find any action shots of him with Hawai'i yet
552799.jpg

http://hawaiiathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=8875