RG Trace Biskin

Defense
LB Jake Fischer
LB Derek Earls
LB Paul Vasallo

Key D-Line back ups Dan Pettinato and Chris Merrill

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Since '06, Arizona has started 9, 8, 6, 7 and 9 Whites. Nice to see them improving a bit, especially on defense.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
AZ will start a snow patrol in the desert!! Foles to Douglas is a line I expect to be hearing a lot during their games this year. Can't wait for the season to start.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Actually, Arizona was a lot whiter on defense last year. They started their snow patrol, plus Reed and Elmore at DE.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Jack Lambert said:
Actually, Arizona was a lot whiter on defense last year. They started their snow patrol, plus Reed and Elmore at DE.

I'm more interested in long term changes, hence my comment. The trend is that they are Whiter on defense than they were. Two of those White defensive starters in '10 were also the lone White defensive starters in '09. There weren't any White defensive starters in '08 and just the same two in '06 and '07.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
Jack Lambert said:
I'm more interested in long term changes, hence my comment. The trend is that they are Whiter on defense than they were. Two of those White defensive starters in '10 were also the lone White defensive starters in '09. There weren't any White defensive starters in '08 and just the same two in '06 and '07.

Ah, I get where you're coming from Colonel.
smiley1.gif

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Arizona senior quarterback Nick Foles is completing 70% of his passes.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
With that castewhore rich rod at the helm, once highly touted prep QB Tom Savage will probably be on the move again as Rich rod only plays black qbs. He ran Mallet out of Michigan. I hope Savage will get a chance to resurrect his career somewhere and he should not have to sit out another year if he transfers.

Riddlewire

Master
Has Arizona ever had a black quarterback in their history?

I hope they're ready, because they're never going to have another white one now.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Yes they did back in the late 80's and also had one in the late 90's. I think those are the only two.

I dissagree that they will not have any more white quarterbacks. We are seeing more and more athletic white quarterbacks all of the time. In fact the U of A had a guy named Keith Smith who played back in the late 90's. He helped lead them to a 12-1 record despite sharing time with a black qb by the name of Ortege Jenkins. Smith was night and day better. He was also a former minor league baseball player. Keith Smith ran around a 4.4 to a 4.5 in the 40. This white guy could really fly. I used to love to watch him. He reminded me of Doug Flutie. Smith also had a very good arm and was extremley accurate.

Look at the white guy at Oregon right now. He may be a backup at qb but not for long. He is the fastest player on their team or at least in the top 3. He also is a far better qb than the starter. You also have guys like Collins at Kansas State along with many others. So I haven't given up hope yet for the wildcats.

One last thing. Rodriguez is spanish and his whole family is as blonde as can be. Most spanish people do not consider themself to be mexican. They are white and are very proud of their heritage.

Just trying to be optomistic. We will see what the future holds.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
You are right about Matt Scott. He asked about guys that were full black. I don't consider Scott to be white. He is mixed with out a doubt. I'm just saying that whites are getting a little bit more of a chance to play as an option quarterback currently. Will they be discriminated against? Of course but we are making progress however slightly in both the running back and athletic qb in college football. Tim Tebow and Jake Locker are now playing on Sundays. I'm hoping both of these outstanding athletes/quarterbacks can help continue to lead the charge for fainess in any king of offense.

Riddlewire

Master
Well, nobody has done a preview for the 2012 Wildcats yet, but, when they do, they'll have to scratch one white defender. LB Brian Wagner, the nation's leading returning tackler, and graduate transfer from Akron, has quit football.

Arizona Wildcats linebacker Brian Wagner, a graduate transfer from Akron who was the nation’s leading returning tackler, has left the team.
“I don’t have love for the game anymore,†Wagner told TucsonCitizen.com on Friday.
“I told Coach that, and that was it. It was something I was thinking about for a long time. That’s kind of where I’m at right now.â€
Wagner was expected to be one of the top newcomers for first-year Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez, giving the Cats experience in a thin linebacker corps. Wagner worked as the first-string middle linebacker in UA’s new 3-3-5 scheme for most of spring practice.
Rodriguez, in a text message, echoed Wagner’s sentiment, writing: “He just decided not to play football anymore.â€

link