2011 Alabama Crimson Tide

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Since '06, Bama has started 5, 4, 3, 8 and 4 Whites. Nick Saban is one of the more arrogant Castean stooges out there, and he does not think much of White skilled players at all. Rammer Jammer looks to start 5 Whites in '11. Some Whites who may see action include RB Ben Howell, QB Phillip Ely, LT Tyler Love, C Kellen Williams, RG John Michael Boswell, RT Austin Shepherd, SS Vinnie Sunseri, FS Will Lowery, and NT Nick Gentry.

Offense
QB A.J. McCarron
H-Back/FB Brad Smelley
LT Barrett Jones
C William Vlachos
RG Anthony Steen-one of a handful of recent D1 starters from the old MPSA (now MAIS)

TwentyTwo

Master
#29 walk-on Will Lowery basically came out of no where & saw significant playing time last year as the Nickle-back; including at clutch INT in the end-zone vs Penn State. He made his first career start in Bowl.

I expect tackling machine Vinnie Sunseri to get early PT. RSfr 6'-7" TE Brian Vogler should see some PT as well...hoping DE-William Ming will crack the depth chart!

Barrett Jones is versatlie...looks like a Future Pro...5-Star Tyler Love still has not cracked the starting line-up??

On the defensive side of the ball...The Class of 2012 shows more promise than recent memory with DT Dakota Ball; DE Caleb Gulledge & LB Dillon Lee.

Riddlewire

Master
ESPN previewed Alabama today for their "Fall Camp" special (or something like that).
The main idea of the piece was that the QB position was in open competition and ESPN expects the black quarterback to win it.

My question is how many black quarterbacks has Alabama had in their history and how would the fans (and boosters) react to that?

In Arkansas it was always a very unpopular move by coaches (except among the actual residents of the town of Fayetteville, otherwise known as "East San Francisco"). Of course, the attitudes of football fans have been sufficiently manipulated by the multiculti media over the past decade to an extent that the Razorbacks' DWF-heavy fanbase actually would prefer to see a black quarterback rather than a white man taking snaps.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
#29 walk-on Will Lowery basically came out of no where & saw significant playing time last year as the Nickle-back; including at clutch INT in the end-zone vs Penn State. He made his first career start in Bowl.

I expect tackling machine Vinnie Sunseri to get early PT. RSfr 6'-7" TE Brian Vogler should see some PT as well...hoping DE-William Ming will crack the depth chart!

Barrett Jones is versatlie...looks like a Future Pro...5-Star Tyler Love still has not cracked the starting line-up??

On the defensive side of the ball...The Class of 2012 shows more promise than recent memory with DT Dakota Ball; DE Caleb Gulledge & LB Dillon Lee.

They could have one more white LB in the class of 2012 too, Dalton Santos has Alabama as one of his three finalists with Tennessee and Texas A&M.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the info TwentyTwo!

Riddlewire, I actually posted about Bama's black QBs quite a while back. Alabama had a black starting QB when Bear Bryant coached his last game, Walter Lewis. Andrew Zow was their QB in the late 90s. Both of them started multiple years. I wasn't close enough to many Alabama fans to know for sure, but I don't remember any criticism or dislike of them by those I was around.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Barrett Jones is one of the best OLs in the SEC.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...abama.spring.1st.ld.writethru.0787/index.html

Just another typical move by that caste whore saban. He moves Barrett Jones from LT to CENTER!!! Yes the same Barret Jones that won the outland trophy at the LT position. Such a crock of ****. Jones could of been the first LT drafted next year.
I can understand the logic. Jones is a 4.0 student (or pretty close) and knows the offense completely. The center is the O-line quarterback. You need a really smart, quick, strong guy in the center to be effective. Why they are devalued at the pro level is beyond me. Every youth team I've ever been with or coached starts with the center on the O-line. Heck, my son, who was the fastest (or close to) player on the teams he was with on his early youth teams was the center. Because he's smart, strong and fast. He was able to direct all of the blocking and then was able to block anyone on the opposing team.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Jones will be an All American next year & top draft pick...whether at Center or Tackle. He's a big, talented smart athlete.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
My gripe with this is that the LT is a caste position. Barret Jones was a surefire first round pick at LT if he came out this year. Instead he gets moved to center so a black player can take over at LT.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
My gripe with this is that the LT is a caste position. Barret Jones was a surefire first round pick at LT if he came out this year. Instead he gets moved to center so a black player can take over at LT.
...and that afrolete will certainly be a matador at LT. It irks me a tad too.

Alabama's championship trophy "shattered"

"There are now a million pieces of Alabama's national championship trophy to go around. During the weekend's A-Day festivities, a parent of a current player tripped on a rug that was under the display case and the Waterford Crystal football crashed to the ground shattering into a million little pieces."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...ip-trophy-falls-down-goes-boom-005055920.html