2010 Wyoming Cowboys

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Since '05, Wyoming has started 15, 17, 14, 16, and 15 Whites. This year, the defense is darker than I can ever remember it being, making the team darker than it has been since we started tracking them. I hope this isn't a permanent thing.

Offense
QB Austyn Carta-Samuels
WR David Leonard
WR Zach Bolger
LT Clayton Kirven
LG Sam Sterner
C Nick Carlson
RG Jack Tennant
RT Josh Leonard

Defense
RE Gabe Knapton
LT Alex Stover
LE Josh Biezuns
MLB Brian Hendricks
FS Chris Prosinski

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Unfortunatly, I think this is going to continue. All the backup WRs are black or mulatto, so once Bolger and Leonard are gone, there will be no starting white WRs.

It looks like Dave Christensen is turning Wyoming into a second Mizzou. Mizzou usually has a white QB, white O-Line, white TE, and 2 white LBs. That where it looks like Wyoming is headed.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
despite being virtually invisible on the national sports scene, Prosinski is an incredible talent at safety.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
JC i read an article sometime back that quoted one of Wyomings coaches thatcompared Prosinski to another very talented Cowboy safety, John Wendling. I believe that Wendling is bigger and maybe a little faster, but the Wyoming coaches think Prosinski is in the same mold, a special talent.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
This video shows just how incredibly athletic John Wendling is. I know former gold medalist high jumper Stefan Holm (a white Swede) can hurdle a 6 foot hurdle when he is only 5'10 tall (probably the only living man or man EVER that can do so below 6 feet tall), but Wendling hurdles this 5 and 1/2 foot hurdle with so much grace he makes it look like a walk in the park! Guess how much playing time Wendling was given by the Bills to determine if he could exert this freakish athleticism into NFL production? As far as I know- it was just mere bits and peaces of games for 3 pre-seasons- with virtually nothing other than special teams work during the regular seasons...What a joke! Wendling now appears to be out of the NFL already.
smiley7.gif

[Tube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0P-22hhrW4[/Tube]

Highlander

Mentor
Sophomore WR David Tooley (mulatto) suspended for violation of team rules.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Ruben Narcisse, a black freshman linebacker was killed in an single-car auto accident on Monday, and three other players who were in the car were injured. All four are new freshman recruits, all black. Narcisse was recruited all the way from the Miami, FL area. I'm sure that our condolences go out to his family and loved ones.

Why Wyoming is going all-out recruiting far-flung black players rather than whites (especially linebackers) is fascinating. What, there are no Brian Cushing-types in the mountain states on the HS teams??

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
FootballDad said:
Why Wyoming is going all-out recruiting far-flung black players rather than whites (especially linebackers) is fascinating.  What, there are no Brian Cushing-types in the mountain states on the HS teams??</div>
Great point as usual FBDad. My best guess would be they are trying to follow the crowd of the big schools and hit up the "hotbed" that is Miami. Of course, they are not getting the "5 star recruits" as they are already signed to SEC and other "top" schools so they are getting the left overs. I'd bet almost anything that they could find more talented whites in the Mountain West area of this country.