2010 Vanderbilt Commodores

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Vandy has been up and down in its number of White starters over the last several years. In '06 and '08, they were the only majority White team in the 75% black starters SEC. Last year Vandy was half White. Johnson continues recruiting more and more blacks but the number of White starters remains relatively high. Still, without injuries, I doubt Vandy will be a half White team this year. White backups to keep an eye on include QB Jared Funk, SS Al Owens, MLB Blake Southerland, WR Turner Wimberly, WR Brady Brown, TE Austin Monahan, and RG/RT Caleb Welchans.

Offense
WR John Cole
TE Brandon Barden
LT Ryan Seymour
LG Jabo Burrow
C Joey Bailey

Defense
DE Tim Fugger
DT Adam Smotherman or Rob Lohr
DT T.J. Greenstone
SLB John Stokes
FS Jay Fullam

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
What disappoints me is all of the ghetto receivers in their 2010 class. They are not exactly an aesthetic bunch, and I doubt that they're "better" than White wideouts that Vandy could have recruited.

And, even if their receivers were superhuman, they are stuck with a black quarterback... I feel bad for the White tight ends.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Good points Deadlift. Vandy won't have a great offense until they get settled on a White QB. Unfortunately, Johnson seems to be enamored with not having a true starter, and with having a bunch of black quarterbacks.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Those thug "affletes" can't cut the grades at Vandy. Maybe Johnson "retired" because he got popped tried to "convince" some professor to give ol' Leroy(s) a "pass"?
smiley2.gif

Riddlewire

Master
Well, this was originally a post about some injuries and a chance for Ryan van Rensburg to get some time at tailback. Before finishing it, I saw an updated news article which ruined the whole thing.
TE Austin Moss is out for the year with a torn ACL.
Afflete RB zac stacy has a sprained MCL and will be out 2-4 weeks. But another AA case has been moved into the co-starting job.

Link

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Star Watch**

DT Colt Nichter -- With the injuries the Commodores were forced to weather up front last season, Nichter stepped in and played very well. But this spring, he showed signs of becoming a star and was a disruptive presence in every scrimmage. He had two sacks and two pass breakups in the spring game.

http://vucommodores.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/nichter_colt00.html