2010 Texas El-Paso Miners

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
UTEP started 10, 9, 5, and 5 Whites since '06. Looks like a drop to 4 this year, with another coal black defense. White backups include LT Brander Craighead, LG Nathan McCage, LE Adam Alaya, NT Ruben Munoz, and MLB Jeremy Springer. You'd think they could find at least 1 White QB from Texas. Sad.

Offense
TE- Johnny Moore

C- Eloy Atkinson

RG- Tanner Cullumber

RT- Alex Solot

Edited by: Colonel_Reb

snow

Mentor
and these smaller school teams filled mostly with affletes wonder why they continue to suck.....There are some good black athletes, but there are only so many to go around. Why not pick up the underrated white athletes that get overlooked instead of getting the bigger school's reject affletes? I guarantee they would win more games if they did this, and there are plenty of white athletes right there in Texas that get overlooked. I mean teams like Air Force and Navyare competitive and win a fair amount of games. Air Force won 8 games, including their bowl game and Navy won 10 including their bowl game against Missouri.

Here isUTEP's record: 2007 4 wins, 2008 5 wins, 2009 4 wins.

I don't know if its just me, but it seems like coaches tend to have more job security with majority black rosters, as in they get to have more losing seasons without getting fired. I mean Ron Zook has had 1 winning season in 5 years, but is considered good because of the "highly ranked recruiting classes" he is able to bring in. Which means he just recruits a bunchaffletes that recruiting services think highly of. The only thing he has to show for it is one season going 9-4. Besides that season he has gone 12-35.Edited by: snow

TwentyTwo

Master
UTEP is an outcast of sorts...they are in the WRONG Conference; Conference USA...they should be in the MWC or WAC...they could make the switch with another outcast Louisiana Tech who has no business playing in the WAC (geograhically speaking)

Seems like you have a good point snow..they must think it mean's job security. Of course we know that's simply not true...Georgia's pathetic coal-black defense still got their D-Coordinator fired!

Hard to route for UTEP's coal-miner defense! They should have at least 10-11 white starters total!

whiteCB

Master
TwentyTwo said:
UTEP is an outcast of sorts...they are in the WRONG Conference; Conference USA...they should be in the MWC or WAC...they could make the switch with another outcast Louisiana Tech who has no business playing in the WAC (geograhically speaking) 
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div> </div>
<div>Seems like you have a good point snow..they must think it mean's job security. Of course we know that's simply not true...Georgia's pathetic coal-black defense still got their D-Coordinator fired!</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Hard to route for UTEP's coal-miner defense! They should have at least 10-11 white starters total!</div>

Totally in agreement with you on those conference affiliations. I've been making a mockery of La. Tech in the WAC for years. lol

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Geographically speaking, UTEP should be in the MWC over Texas Christian. When the MWC brought them in before the '05 season, I was thinking how they might negatively impact the Whiteness of the MWC, mainly through recruiting. Even though other conferences have teams that have gotten darker since then, the MWC has definitely become darker. They still have 6 teams with 10 or more White starters, but the number of White starters on these teams has dropped from 89 to 78.
smiley21.gif

TwentyTwo

Master
Good info to know Colonel Reb...I have never known exact numbers...but much of my life it came natural to me to count white's &amp; blacks in football. Maybe it's bec I grew up watching the SEC. Some haters may say "what does it matter'? And I say you mean they put 11 players on the field for defense and there is NOT ONE WHITE good enough??

It has gotten so bad that it is hard watching games on TV with my Dad; he is constantly complaining it's almost no difference with Southern U. &amp; Grambling.

While the Deep South is the blackest region in the U.S...it's still way too out of hand with the lack of whites...naturally an LSU, Alabama, Ole Miss, etc (40%+ black states)...will be darker than a Utah, Iowa, Wisconsin....but what is nearly equally disturbing is a team like Boise...Idaho being a 95% white state...the white/black ratio is reallyno different than the SEC ratio..

I'd like to think this situation has "plateaued" itself out...but your numbers prove otherwise.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
There is no doubt that the Caste System is intentional because the numbers are skewed far beyond reason. The importing of blacks into such White western states is really shameful because the extent of discrimination against in-state Whites is probably worse than it is in SEC country. Plus, those White players get even less exposure than Southern White athletes get from most recruiting sites.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Here are the probable white starters for the Miners in the New Mexico Bowl. I hope BYU kills these losers, who can't seem to find one white skill player in Texas, or even one defensive player for that matter, despite being such a sorry program.

Offense

TE- Johnny Moore
C- Eloy Atkinson
RG- Tanner Cullumber
RT- Alex Solot