2010 Texas A&M Aggies

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Here are the projected white starters for the Aggies this year. Look for athletic QB/WR Ryan Tannehill to get time at WR this year. Ryan Swope is a very athletic WR/KR who is one of, if not, the fastest player on the team.
smiley4.gif
Also,look for true freshman tackles Luke Joeckel and Jake Matthews(son of NFL HOF linemen Bruce Matthews)to both start at LT and RT respectivly this year. Watch out for LB Aaron Arterburn to get playing time this year. Texas A&M had 9 white starters last year, 7 in 08', 8 in 07', 9 in 06', and 8 in 05'. Mike Sherman looks to have 10 this year.

Offense
QB- Ryan Tannehill
WR- Ryan Swope
TE- Hutson Prioleau
LT- Luke Joeckel
LG- Evan Eike
C- Matt Allen
RT- Jake Matthews- in a fight for the position

Defense
DE- Spencer Nealy
DT- Lucas Patterson
LB- Michael Hodges or Kyle ManganEdited by: Jack Lambert

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I see that Swope has 10.56 speed in the 100m which is very good. He was a running back in high school and took All State honors.
Edited by: whiteathlete33

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I'm aware that Swope was an RB in HS, and a damned good one at that. I can remember ToughJ's posts comparing him and black RB Christine Michael.

Of course though, Michael is A&M's starting RB, and Ryan was caste into the WR role. At least Ryan is still getting a chance at a caste position.

Ryan's younger brother, Louie Swope, decommitted from SMU and went to A&M as a preferred walk-on. He'll probably get moved to safety, but right now I think he's at CB.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
We have a thread on him as well. Tough mentioned that McGuffie's 100m time is 10.86 so this kid has significantly more top end speed but doesn't have the burst of McGuffie.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Yes, Ryan Tannehill starting/playing is the best thing that could have happened for Ryan Swope. I watched a bit of the game against Kansas, and Coach Sherman is hit in the face with the obvious. Tannehill is light years ahead of Johnson as far as defensive reads and checkdowns, and pass accuracy. Johnson would only pass to a checkdown receiver if he was running for his life and the 2nd or 3rd option was right in front of him.