2010 Oregon State Beavers

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Here are the white starters for the 2010 team. They had 13 white starters last season so quite a drop to 10.

QB-Ryan Katz, sophmore
FB-Will Darkins, junior
TE-Brady Camp, senior
Guard-Grant Johnson,junior
Center- Alex Linnenkohl, senior
Tackle-Mike Remmers, junior

Defensive end- Gabe Miller, senior
Defensive tackle-Brennan Olander,senior
Defensive tackle-Kevin Frahm, junior
Right cornerback-Brandon Hardin</font></span></span>

<t></t><t></t><table border="0" width="100%"><t><tr><td width="7%">
</td>
<td width="42%">
</td></tr></t></table>
Edited by: whiteathlete33

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Evidence of bias?

May 19, 2010

Beavers keep an eye on Cali big man

Angie Machado
BeaverBlitz.com

Oregon State has made recruiting Polynesian players a top priority over the years and the 2011 recruiting class is no exception. One player on the Beavers radar is Sacramento (Calif.) Inderkum lineman Nathan Falo.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=1085934&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Nathan-Falo-109187;_ylt=Ao6bGrlGNlm3P5VUb8sVXVdHPZB4

202572.jpg

He's got thick arms, but he's another shorty!

Edited by: Deadlift

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
At least Polynesians are not abysmal failures in the classroom for the most part, unlike a high percentage of black players. But for OSU to think of them as better players than the hordes of white kids kicking butt playing high school ball in the Pacific Northwest is ridiculous. I don't see why Polys are looked at in the same light as black players besides the need to minimilize white talent. It's not like the Islanders need to be rescued from Snoop Dogg's ghetto.

whiteCB

Master
Hey where in the heck is WHITE CB Brandon Hardin??? The guy is poised to be the next Dustin Fox; i.e. a white CB drafted!

green fire317

Banned
I don't think he is projected as a starter. They will probably use him as a nickelback or dimeback or something stupid.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
whiteCB said:
Hey where in the heck is WHITE CB Brandon Hardin??? The guy is poised to be the next Dustin Fox; i.e. a white CB drafted!

He's the 83rd ranked cornerback for the 2012 draft.

whiteCB

Master
green fire317 said:
I don't think he is projected as a starter. They will probably use him as a nickelback or dimeback or something stupid.

He started last year why wouldn't he start this season?

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I wonder what this guy was thinking.....In related news, OL Burke Ellis is expected to start at Right Guard this upcoming season, which should bring OSU into the half-white list.

CORVALLIS, Ore. â€" An Oregon State University offensive lineman has been dismissed from the team after police say they found him naked and intoxicated in a stranger's home and had to use stun guns to take him into custody.

Corvallis police say they received the call about a naked intruder early Sunday.

Responding officers ordered 19-year-old Tyler Patrick Thomas of Kalispell, Mont., to get on the ground, Lt. Tim Brewer said.

Thomas refused and instead dropped into a three-point stance like a football player and lunged at the officers, Brewer said. At that point, he said, two officers fired their stun guns.

Brewer said Thomas "absolutely was intoxicated" at the time.

Thomas was arrested on suspicion of criminal trespass, criminal mischief and resisting arrest. He was booked into the Benton County jail and later released.

A home phone listing for Thomas couldn't be found.

Oregon State head coach Mike Riley dismissed Thomas from the team Monday, OSU athletics spokesman Steve Fenk said. Thomas redshirted during the Beavers' 2009 season.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/24/tyler-patrick-thomas-oreg_n_692255.htmlEdited by: Jack Lambert

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Some good news for RB Jordan Jenkins, who should now enter spring as OSU's number 1 RB. Jordan was 2nd on OSU's depth chart for this year.

Oregon State RB Jacquizz Rodgers will forgo his senior season as a Beaver and enter the 2011 NFL draft.

A 5'7/191-pound sparkplug, Rodgers racked up 1,184 yards on 256 carries as a junior, good for a 4.63 YPC average. He also caught 151 passes in his career. Rodgers' production dropped across the board from 2009 to 2010, however, and he projects as a Darren Sproles-type third-down back in the pros. We can't imagine the diminutive runner going before the fourth round

Riddlewire

Master
Jack Lambert said:
Some good news for RB Jordan Jenkins, who should now enter spring as OSU's number 1 RB. Jordan was 2nd on OSU's depth chart for this year.

Spring football, maybe.
But you can't possibly believe that Riley will allow him to start the season as RB1.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Jack Lambert said:

Great news, Jack! I hope Jordan stays at #1 and starts next season.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
Jack Lambert said:

Great news, Jack! I hope Jordan stays at #1 and starts next season.

It could happen, Football is a game where backups are often one or two injuries away from shining.!Edited by: celticdb15

Riddlewire

Master
celticdb15 said:
It could happen, Football is a game where backups are often one or two injuries away from shining.!
Who are you trying to fool?
You know as well as I do that the standard number of injuries required before a white runningback is allowed to start is six. It's clearly stated in both the NCAA's and NFL's official rulebooks.
Sheesh.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Well for example, I never thought Joe Martinek would even get a sniff at running the ball for Rutgers. There are small cracks in the caste system, i just try to think positive and hope things fall into place for some of our guys.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
celticdb15 said:
Well for example, I never thought Joe Martinek would even get a sniff at running the ball for Rutgers. There are small cracks in the caste system, i just try to think positive and hope things fall into place for some of our guys.

to be truthful, Martinek only got the opportunity to run the ball at Rutgers after several black backs A) proved completely inept andB) got injured, and C) only after Martinek moved back to the offensive side of the ball (he had been playing defense).

this type of scenario is by far the most common manner in which a White running back (those rare few who even get a scholarship, that is) gets a chance to actually be the feature back. the "emergency" White tailback has to wait his turn ... and he begins his wait at the end of the line, waaaaaaaay at the end of the line, and then he only keeps his job if he is much, much better than the previous performers. because as we all know, when the "real" talents get healthy, well, Whitey had better have dominated or it's back to the bench.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
...And for Martinek, by the time he's able to start, the rest of the team is garbage, with an underachieving line, and no passing game. He had to face 9-men-in-the-box every game!

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Okay f**k itJenkins might as well quit

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
celticdb15 said:
Okay f**k itJenkins might as well quit
Such is the Caste System!
smiley2.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
sorry if we got you down, celticdb. the Caste System sucks something fierce. but you are correct, in that we are starting to see some cracks. don't let the System (or us) get you down, mate.
smiley20.gif