2010 NBA draft

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I know it's a little early but I thought we'd take a look at some potential white players who may be taken in the first round of the NBA draft. I did some research on these guys.

2010 First Round Mock Draft of Potential White NBA Players

First Round

Pick 2-4Donatas Motiejunas-Lithuania. Donatas is a power forward from the class of 1990. At 7 feet tall he has excellent height for the position but will need to bulk up a bit as his current weight is around 225. If he puts on another 20 pounds of muscle he will do just fine without slowing him down. Motiejunas is very athletic and should be an excellent rebounder in the NBA. His shot blocking skills and defense are top notch as well. His offensive skills are good but need a little refinement.

Pick 5-9-Cole Aldrich- Kansas-A 6'11 center who compares to Brook Lopez. Top center in the nation. A solid athlete who should be in the top 20 percent athletically for centers in the NBA. Has great footwork in the post and is also a good rebounder and defensive player. At his current weight of 245 lb some feel he needs to bulk up a bit. Could be an immediate starter his rookie season.

Pick 14-18-Luke Babbitt-Nevada- A 6'8 small forward who is a great shooter. His shooting stroke can be compared to J.J Redick's. Knows how to create space for himself and is very good on the pick and roll. The only flaw on this kid is that he needs to work on his defense.

Pick 16-20-Jan Vesely-Czech Republic- Jan is a 6'11 who can play small forward or power forward. Would need to bulk up a bit to play the 4. Very explosive athlete who likes to finish above the rim. Can use his athleticism to take his man off the dribble and also has a great jump shot. His leaping ability and lateral agility allow him to be a good defender. At only 19 years of his age the only thing missing in his game is a complex scoring repertoire.

At this point in time only 4 white players are expected to be drafted in the first round of the 2010 NBA draft. That could very well change as the season progresses with early second round prospects like Luke Harangody and Art Parakhouski being taken earlier depending on how they perform their senior seasons. I would also like to mention a very intriguing prospect from Russia in Alexey Shved. He also has a chance of being drafted in the first round. He is a very athletic shooting guard with a great crossover who consistently takes opponents of the dribble. He could develop into a top notch NBA shooting guard.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Luke Babbitt is only a true sophomore, and if he entered the Draft now, he would probably be selected in the 2nd Round at best. Babbitt isn't better than Budinger and look where he was selected..

I hear a ridiculous amount of talk about White players always needing to "bulk-up" - and I completely disagree! I see black STICKS getting EVERY opportunity in college and the NBA (John Henson, Solomon Alabi, Tayshaun Prince) - but it's the White kids that need to "fill-out." Manute Bol sure was a mass-monster! Yeah, right!

Hakeem Olajuwon was an excellent player and he WASN'T bulked-up at all. I just watched watched USC's Nikola Vucevic (slender) have a GOOD game against a BIG Texas Longhorn team. He hit the offensive boards and did some amazing things. His hands are excellent and his toughness is reminiscent of another Slavic titan, that being Vlade Divac! These guys know they aren't inferior and they know what they can accomplish, and they go out there and DO IT. That's so damn refreshing!

When Kevin Garnett, Marcus Camby and LaMarcus Aldridge are "forced" to bulk-up, it's then and only then that I will start telling Whites to get some meat on their bones!

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Many feel Babbitt is a first round prospect at this point in his career. I think he will come out this season.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
No Kyle Singler from Duke??? He certainly should be a first rounder (mid to late).

guest301

Hall of Famer
Singler is a junior and would almost definitely be a lottery pick but the conventional wisdom is he returns to Duke for his senior year.