2010 Missouri Tigers

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Here are the probable white starters for the Mizzou Tigers this year. Mizzou started 7 whites in 2006, 8 in 2007, 9 in 2008, and 9 last year. Mizzou looks to have 10-11 white starters for this year. Look for TE Andrew Jones and DT Jimmy Burge to see some playing time on defense this year as well. Look for Mizzou to have 11 white starters.

Offense
QB- Blaine Gabbert
WR(H)- T.J. Moe
LT- Elvis Fisher
LG- Austin Wuebbells
C- Tim Barnes
RG- Jayson Palmgren
RT- Dan Hoch

Defense
DE- Brad Madison
WLB- Andrew Gachkar
MLB- Will Ebner
SLB- Luke Lambert
Edited by: Jack Lambert

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Bad news..

Missouri LB Ebner arrested on DWI suspicion

CBSSports.com wire reports

Aug. 23, 2010 COLUMBIA, Mo. -- Missouri junior linebacker Will Ebner has been arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated.

A sheriff's deputy stopped Ebner at 1 a.m. Sunday after noticing an SUV swerving on a Columbia, Mo., street. An arrest report said Ebner had bloodshot eyes and incoherent speech and failed a breath-alcohol test.

Ebner, Missouri's third-leading tackler last season, was released from custody after posting a $500 bond. He faces a Sept. 16 court appearance.

A team spokesman said Monday any disciplinary action would be handled internally.

Ebner did not immediately return a phone call nor respond to an e-mail Monday. It wasn't clear if he had an attorney.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/13809001/missouri-lb-ebner-arrested-on-dwi-suspicion

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
That sucks, the only good news out of this is Luke Lambert is Ebner's backup, so we won't lose a starter there.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
So it goes on with these affletes... Not that this will benefit any white players, though.

From Rotoworld:

Today Missouri running back Derrick Washington was charged with sexually assaulting a female tutor over the summer. He is currently suspended from the team.

It's been an awful off-season for the Tigers as their players have dotted the police blotter with multiple DWI's, and now there's this serious assault matter. Kendial Lawrence is expected to start in Washington's absence, however long that may be.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Kendial? Wow. I guess Sundial is next.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Colonel_Reb said:
Kendial? Wow. I guess Sundial is next.

smiley36.gif
My new favorite is the runningback on the Houston Texans, Arian Foster. Somehow I doubt he receives too many "Roman salutes."

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I'm getting a bit off topic here but I was watching the show The First 48 on A&E a few years ago. They had a black guy on it who committed a murder. His name was Royal Cola. I kid you not.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I have a friend who works with the Detroit Board of Education Lunch program. They bring home lists with the name of students on it. We go through the lists and crack up at the names. Funny stuff. I'll try to remember to write some down here.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
It might be off-topic, but considering the overwhelmingly affroletic makeup of the Mizzou BlackTigers (in a 90%+ white state!), the name thing is probably appropriate. To be fair, Mizzou technically has 10 or 11 white starters (only TWO on defense, which white obviously aren't good at
smiley11.gif
), but it's not because they don't try to purge the team. It's just that the high-profile blacks they target have chosen other schools, and they're left with having to deal with all of these "whiteys" walking on.Edited by: FootballDad

Rise

Guru
Unreal, rape a tutor and keep your scholarship? WTF!!

Mizzou permanently suspends Derrick Washington

The University of Missouri announced today that running back Derrick Washington has been permanently suspended from the football program.

He will retain his scholarship as long as he is enrolled in school but will not play football again.

Washington, the team's leading rusher the last two seasons, is facing a felony sexual assault charge in Boone County on June 19.

Washington's attorneys said earlier this week that he "intends to exercise his right to be presumed innocent and defend himself in a court of law."

The Missouri athletics policy does not allow an athlete facing a felony charge to play until the issue is resolved.

This move goes beyond that.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/coll...cle_3e5c34c8-b5ea-11df-b952-00127992bc8b.html

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Missouri looks to be down to ten white starters, with Gereau, losing his battle.

Michael Egnew starts at TE.

T.J. Moe starts at the racially appropiate H (slot) reciever position.

With neither Will Ebner nor Luke Lambert listed on the current depth chart, RS Freshman Andrew Wilson starts at MLB.Edited by: Jack Lambert

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Some good news for Mizzou.

Michael Egnew doesn't look white to me, I looked at his pick again.

Brad Madison starts at DE.
Andrew Gachkar starts at WLB.
Will Ebner starts at MLB.
Luke Lambert starts at SLB.

Mizzou now has a half white team.
smiley1.gif

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Here are the white starters for Mizzou in their bowl game against Iowa.

Offense
QB- Blaine Gabbert
WR(H)- T.J. Moe
LT- Elvis Fisher
LG- Jayson Palmgren
C- Tim Barnes
RG- Austin Wuebells
RT- Dan Hoch

Defense
NG- Jimmy Burge
MLB- Will Ebner
SLB- Andrew Gachkar

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I'm glad Moe had a great game, but I'm happy Iowa won the game.

whiteCB

Master
Colonel_Reb said:

Does that TJ Moe look like a future NFL star or what?!! Moe can get open against any man in any defensive scheme you can draw up! TJ Moe is the real deal. Additonally, the guy just started playing WR in college as he was a QB in h.s. and he's just a SOPH!

Moe 15 catches vs. Iowa!! Holy cow!Edited by: whiteCB

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I've watched Moe pretty much every game this year, and he's phenomenal. Always open. When aimed at white athletes like TJ Moe, the term "sneaky speed" is intended to be derogatory, but he truly does have sneaky speed. He's fast (runs around a 4.5 40), but he is so smooth, and route running so precise (for a sophomore, it's uncanny) that he doesn't look like he's moving quickly, even though he is smoking the DB's and safetys that try to cover him.

I'm looking forward to a couple of "Moe" years of him!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Moe could be an NFL star, and definitely would be if his skin color was darker. He even has the "correct sounding" name. He's listed at 6 feet even, 200 pounds. I'm sure he'll be relegated to the white, er "slot" position at WR if he gets a decent shot in the NFL. He's a great player from what little I saw of him this season. Wish I'd caught the bowl game. Oh well, there is always next year.

Highlander

Mentor
It's great that TJ's only a Soph and had a great game on the national stage. Too bad the Vikings/Eagles game was moved to the same evening...many people probably didn't see his record-breaking performance. What will hurt him the next two years is that Gabbert is most likely gone to the NFL after this year, so a new QB will have to be broken in. If he can somehow continue on his current pace, someone like Billicheck might grab him to eventually replace Welker in 3-4 years.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
whiteCB said:
Colonel_Reb said:

Does that TJ Moe look like a future NFL star or what?!! Moe can get open against any man in any defensive scheme you can draw up! TJ Moe is the real deal. Additonally, the guy just started playing WR in college as he was a QB in h.s. and he's just a SOPH!

Moe 15 catches vs. Iowa!! Holy cow!

Based on that statline...YES he does!! Josh Cooper is another guy I think can play on Sundays.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Highlander aslong as that new QB isn't a black quarterback, I think Moe will be fine.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
QB Blaine Gabbert will enter 2011 draft

COLUMBIA, Mo. -- Missouri junior quarterback Blaine Gabbert has elected to make himself available for the NFL draft.

Gabbert
has started the past two years, and is coming off a standout
performance in the Insight Bowl, when he was 41 of 57 for 434 yards and a
touchdown in a loss to Iowa.

"This is definitely a
bittersweet day for me," Gabbert said in a statement Monday. "I was
really looking forward to having a chance to do some special things next
season with my teammates, but in the end, this is the right decision to
make for myself and my family.

"These last three years have been
an unbelievable experience for me, and I'll miss being at Mizzou, but
I'm definitely looking forward to this next stage of my life. "

Various early draft predictions have rated Gabbert as a first-round pick and the second-best at his position behind Andrew Luck of Stanford.

Gary Pinkel said the time was right for Gabbert to go pro.

"We're
very proud of Blaine and how hard he's worked to put himself in
position for this opportunity," Pinkel said in a statement. "He's been
an outstanding leader for our team.

"It's been a privilege to coach him and have him as part of our program."

Missouri
totaled 18 victories the last two seasons, and this year's 10-win
season was only the fourth in school history. Gabbert passed for 3,186
yards and 16 touchdowns.

In 31 games at Missouri, Gabbert passed for 6,822 yards, fourth best in school history.

Missouri has had three first-round picks the last two years, with linebacker Sean Weatherspoon taken with the 19th pick by the Falcons this year, wide receiver Jeremy Maclin taken by the Eagles in 2009 and defensive tackle Ziggy Hood taken by the Steelers last year.

Three other Missouri players, defensive ends Aldon Smith and Jacquies Smith, and tight end Michael Egnew, have been evaluated by the NFL to help decide whether to declare.

Freshman James Franklin,
Gabbert's backup this season, is the likely frontrunner to replace him
next season. Gabbert's younger brother, redshirt freshman Tyler Gabbert, also is on the roster.http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2011/news/story?id=5985219

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Gabbert isn't ready IMO. I think he is buying into the hype that he will be drafted high in the first round. He is a mid 2nd round pick IMO. Another year in college would of helped his cause. Good luck to him though.

Highlander

Mentor
Interesting...Tyler Gabbert (Blaine's younger brother) is transferring from Missouri. No news yet on where he's decided to transfer to.

Apparently, through Spring ball, it was a dead-heat between him and another black quarterback and after Spring ball the black quarterback was named the starter.

His dad says that "there are other factors that went into this decision that we're not going to discuss with the press."

Abusive behavior by some of the many thugs on this team perhaps? I'm sure they had "their" favorite as to whom they wanted to see at QB and I bet that played a part in his reason to get the hell out of there.

<h1 ="er entry-title">Missouri quarterback Tyler Gabbert to transfer </h1><div ="spot">

</div>
<div ="skyscraper">
</div>

The Missouri football program has lost a second Gabbert brother
this offseason. Just 11 days after Blaine Gabbert became a first-round
draft pick by the Jacksonville Jaguars, Tyler Gabbert, his younger
brother and the No. 2 quarterback coming out of spring practices, has
decided to transfer.

<div ="inline inline_photo inline-left inline_mug" style="width:132px;">
mo_B01_gabbert-mug_0509.jpg

Gabbert

</div>

Chuck Gabbert said his son had been considering this decision for a
while and described it as an opportunity for "a fresh start."Â￾

"He was in the midst of a quarterback battle,"Â￾ Chuck Gabbert said in a
phone interview. "Nothing's given to you, and it's a competition. And
Ty feeds on that competition.
But there were other factors we're not
going to get into that Ty evaluated."Â￾

Chuck Gabbert said MU coaches had indicated they were still committed
to a preseason competition between James Franklin and Gabbert.

"But there are other factors that went into this decision that we're not going to discuss with the press,"Â￾ Chuck Gabbert said.

"We wish Tyler the best and will do everything we can to assist him
going forward,"Â￾ Coach Gary Pinkel said in a statement released by the
athletic department.

Chuck Gabbert said Missouri's staff will allow his son to transfer to
any school outside of the Big 12 Conference. As of today, the family
was not ready to mention any possible destinations. Per NCAA transfer
rules, Gabbert would have to sit out his first season upon joining
another Football Bowl Subdivision program.

On Thursday Gabbert told the Tribune he had been throwing with
Missouri's receivers and was looking forward to 7-on-7 sessions starting
later this summer. He gave no indication that he was considering
leaving MU.

For a while during spring practices Gabbert had pulled even with
Franklin for the No. 1 job and began taking the bulk of the first-team
snaps during practices and scrimmages. The two underclassmen split reps
evenly in the April 16 Black &amp; Gold Game, after which Franklin was
listed as the No. 1 quarterback.

For now, the only competition for Franklin, last year's backup, will
be redshirt sophomore Ashton Glaser and incoming freshman Corbin
Berkstresser, the only quarterback from MU's 2011 recruiting class. The
6-foot-3, 220-pound quarterback from Lee's Summit is expected to move to
Columbia this month. MU also continues to recruit two of the country's
elite QB prospects for 2012, Maty Mauk of Kenton, Ohio, and Gunner Kiel
of Columbus, Ind.
http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/2011/may/09/missouri-quarterback-tyler-gabbert-transfer/

snow

Mentor
Missouri can have fun sucking next year. Hes not going to be able to grasp that offense the way Gabbert and Chase Daniel did. I just feel bad for T.J. Moe, well it could wind up being a good thing for him. black quarterbacks usually make one read and run, or throw to the safety valve, Moe is in the slot and will most likely be the safety valve. The only problem is Moe is a guy that gets yac, he and Gabbert talked in an in depth interview about some one of the big plays they connected on, Gabbert had to place the ball in an exact spot in order for him to not break stride and get 40 yards after the catch. He will be adjusting to catch passes most likely with the new black quarterback.