2010 FCS/D2/D3/NAIA Playoffs

qj

Guru
Colonel_Reb said:
Hate that Szczur left the game and that Villanova lost. Looking forward to watching Minnesota-Duluth and Delta State a little later on.

Bummed about Szczur getting knocked out of the game. I read an article about him earlier in the year and the writer stated he has been banged up alot this year, so he's not been running at 100%. He's certainly fun to watch and should be wearing a big "S" with a cape instead of the number 4. The guy has been a 1 man wrecking crew out there. Unfortunately, I worked late last night and did not get to see him play. The big "V" probably would have won with a completely healthy Matt S. out there. He sure was the main reason they won against my Griz last year in the championship game. I wish Matt well and hope he plays major league ball and perhaps NFL ball. He's easily one of the most nicest, classiest, and talented college athletes out there at ANY level.

It's also nice to see one of my Big Sky schools make it yet again to the FCS championship game, and I hope Delaware wins today.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
TD Minn-Duluth! That puts them up 17-14. I Minn Duluth has about 3 black starters, if that. Delta State is pretty much your typical caste team. They have a QB, WR, and a few lineman, plus with maybe one or two on defense. Minn Duluth's star white RB is out today, but they're next two in line are white as well!
smiley32.gif
Edited by: Jack Lambert

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
UM-D up 17-14 in the 4th. They went ahead by a Foss TD.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Minn-Duluth wins 20-17 on a last second FG! I'll bet Delta State and their fans are pissed that a bunch of white farmboys beat their affletic team.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Great to see UM-D beat my caste alma-mater and the refs who were clearly biased in favor of DSU. I saw a bunch of DSU's black player's shaking their heads. They couldn't believe they lost to an almost all White team!
smiley36.gif
I hope Coach Roberts will learn something from this game, and start recruiting more Whites at the skill positions. I doubt it will happen though.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Brian Hanson had a huge game today for UM-D. He ended up with 15 carries for 97 yards and 3 catches for 54 yards. QB Chase Vogler had 21 carries for 83 yards. Brad Foss had 15 carries for 62 yards and a TD.
smiley32.gif

Highlander

Mentor
Jack Lambert said:
Minn-Duluth wins 20-17 on a last second FG! I'll bet Delta State and their fans are pissed that a bunch of white farmboys beat their affletic team.
Great. Now they can go home and watch BYU beat up on UTEP.
smiley2.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
A bunch of DWF Delta State fans I know are blaming the loss on "boneheaded" coaching decisions and calling him names. The boneheaded decision Roberts made was not recruiting and playing more White talent. It sure is sad/funny how silent the DWFs can be when confronted with politically incorrect truth.

As for the upcoming D3 game, I really don't know which team to root for. They'll have to get on the field before I make my mind up.

I don't really have a dog in the FCS fight anymore. I'm not sure if Delaware or Eastern Washington is the Whiter team. Looks like the FCS championship game won't be until January 7, 2011. A three weeks break from the playoffs seems a bit much to me.

qj

Guru
Congrats to Carroll College as the Saints won the NAIA Championship game today. Gary Wagner, who is Marc Mariani's friend and HS teammate, played QB for the Saints in the win today and scored on a long TD run of over 80 yards.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
UW-Whitewater repeated as D3 Champs! It was a great game to watch with plays being made all over the field on offense throughout the first half by white players. Whitewater at times had several WRS on the field making athletic plays! Whitewaters all white O-Line dominated the game and paved the way for Black RB Levell Coppage who ran for nearly 300 yards.

On defense white players were all over the field for both teams. Whitewater's 2 white safeties each ended up with a pick. Whitewater's front seven(5\7 white) stepped and made huge plays throughout! The best part of the game was when Whitewaters White safety stripped Mount Union's Cecil Shorts in the 4th quarter! For some reason Mount Unions coach decided to take out the QB Piloto and put in Shorts as the Wildcat QB. He promptly fumbled...

snow

Mentor
Yes I have heard a ton of hype about Cecil Shorts. If it weren't for this site I wouldn't have known about Kmic. How much do you want to bet that Shorts is drafted. Ive read mocks that have him going as early as the 3rd, that he is a "desean jackson clone". Kmic couldn't even get a damn TRYOUT. Good to hear that he was stripped and helped cost the game. They stopped winning championships when Kmic left.
Edited by: snow

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Shorts is built like a wimp. He didn't impress me as a returner either.. For instance he fair caught a ball at his own 2 yard line, now that's what I call a high football IQ!!!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Shorts was very unimpressive to me in that game. I was happy to see UW-W win. They were the Whiter team and it was great to see their talented WRs make several incredible catches.
smiley32.gif

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Delaware plays tonight on ESPN2 against Eastern Washington!

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Hey Deadlift, who do we root for in that game?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the reminder, Deadlift. Somehow I forgot about that game being tonight.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
FootballDad said:
Hey Deadlift, who do we root for in that game?

Delaware has (QB) Pat Devlin and Eastern Washington has Bo Levi-Mitchell.

At the other positions, from what I hear, EWU is likely Whiter..

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Eastern Washington was clearly the Whiter team and they came out the victors 20-19 over Delaware!
smiley32.gif

Edited by: Colonel_Reb