2010 Cincinnati Bearcats

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Here is an incomplete look at the Bearcat's white starters for 2010. Cincinnati doesn't have an offical depth chart up yet, and there is no preview up on CFN. I'll update the starters once I see something more.

This version of the Bearcats should be just as white, or whiter than last year's team was. QB Zach Collaros is a very good runner and passer, and could develop into a top flight quarterback. The Bearcats had 12 white starters in 05 and 06, 10 in 2007, 8 in 2008, and 10 last year. They have 8 white starters this year.

Offense
QB- Zach Collaros
TE- Ben Guidugli
C- Evan Davis
RT- Sean Hooey

Defense
DE- Dan Giordano
DT- Derek Wolfe
ILB- JK. Shaffer
SS- Drew FreyEdited by: Jack Lambert

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Look for John Goebel to be used the way Jacob Ramsey was last year. Pead will probably start and see more carries than Goebel at season's onset, but don't count Goebel out to play his way into splitting carries evenly with Pead (or even more if Pead gets fumblitis or hurt).

We should note that one of Kelly's assistant coaches (if I'm not mistaken) has taken over the HC spot, so we don't yet know if he will continue Kelly's policies of running a close to completely fair program to whites or regress.

BTW, I think D.J Woods is a quarter black or so, but I think this team is pretty fair- so I will root for him and Bearcats.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Tough, I think Jones was the head coach at Central Michigan, but he could've been Kelly's assistant before that. If Butch Jones' Central Michigan teams are any indication, Cincinnati should remain fair to whites.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Oh, never mind...I was wrong. I remembered early talk about letting an assistant coach take over the Bearcats' job. I forgot they decided to hire the CMU coach.

We'll have to wait and see how many carries Goebel gets, but if I were the coach he'd start off with a Jacob Ramsey type role and probably work his way up to basically evenly splitting carries. Goebel lost PT to Pead and Ramsey last year, after getting hurt- and those two played well in his absence.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Hey Jack, I watched some of the Cincinnati-Louisville game last night and it seems only four whites start on defense. Pat Lambert and Robby Armstrong are not starters. I'm not sure if it's due to injuries or just getting beat out by blacks.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Yeah, I saw that too WA, Armstrong starting I think might've been wishful thinking on my part.

Pat Lambert was supposed to start at FS, but the new caste clown coach moved him at first behind Drew Frey at SS, then the next depth chart I looked at showed him as a backup LB.
smiley21.gif

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Well, after last night's game, I found out Cincy is definatly no friend of white players this year.

C Evan Davis and RT Sean Hooey are the only two white starters on the Line, Collaros and Guidugli complete their white contigent of offensive starters.