2010-2011 Central Division

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Chicago Bulls:
Coming off a 41-41 season the Bulls are counting on the further development of All-star point guard Derrick Rose who is entering his 3rd season. The Bulls also brought in perennially injured PF Carlos Boozer as their "prize"Â￾ free agent. During his 6 season in Utah, Boozer missed an average of 23 games per season. He is getting paid 14.4 million this year to play ¾ of the season (if the Bulls are lucky). To no surprise, Boozer is already out until early December with a fractured pinkie. I can assure you that a White player with this sort of injury history would never be signed to a lucrative, long term deal. If you believe otherwise, I have bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you. As for the White players, the Bulls have 3 and they are all new to the team.

Kyle Korver, the sharpshooter from Creighton, will serve as the backup SG or SF. In the only 3 season in Philly when Kyle was "allowed"Â￾ to play 30+ minutes and occasionally start, he averaged 11.5ppg, 11.5ppg and 14.4ppg. He also rebounded well for a guard. His reward was a trade to Utah where his minutes and production decreased. A fresh start with the Bulls will hopefully be a positive change.

Brian Scalabrine is at the bottom (or not even listed) on most depth charts so one would assume he'll be playing his usual role as White mascot. The PF out of USC, an effective shooter and rebounder, has been immensely popular with the fans in NJ and Boston. However, if Brian receives more than garbage minutes or a limited role due to other injuries, the drunk white fans would be screaming to get a "real athlete"Â￾ on the court.

Omer Asik is a 7 footer from Turkey who is listed as the 3rd string center. He is likely a project that needs development and I would not expect him to see many minutes this year.

Grade: 1 sub and 2 bench ornaments gets an F in my book.

Cleveland Cavaliers:
The Cavs finished last season with the best record in the NBA but after Queen LeBron's "Decision"Â￾ to leave his local team for the glamour of South Beach, a winning season would be a major accomplishment for this squad. Antwan Jamison and Mo Williams are good players but the rest of the roster consists of role players, spare parts, busts and has-beens. After looking over the roster it sickens me to know that many talented White college players, some stars like Jon Scheyer, are passed over for the likes Jawad Williams, Samardo Samuels, Ryan Hollins, etc.

The only White player on this roster is Brazilian, Anderson Varejao, who will start at center. Varejao is a tough, workmanlike player in the mold of Dennis Rodman. With the departure of the NBA's resident sumo, Shaquille O'Neal, look for career highs across the board for Anderson. An average of double digit rebounds could be attainable.

Seeing grown adults cry when LeBron left "their"Â￾ corporate team for another was a synopsis of what's wrong with America. Well now that sorrow has turned to anger and the highlight of Cleveland's season will be seeing the entire DWFanbase take out their collective rage on the man they formerly worshiped. DWFs become upset over sports but never at ever intrusive government, affirmative action, feminism, political correctness, et al.

Grade: 1 starter keeps off the minus. F

Detroit Pistons:
The Pistons finished last in the Central last season and a similar finish seems inevitable this go round. Comparable to the city of Detroit, there are no Whites anywhere to be seen. Well actually there is one White player, Jonas Jerebko, but he is out til mid February or maybe even the entire season.

Jonas is a talented player from Sweden who surprisingly started 73 games last year as a rookie. The PF can do a bit of everything. Shoot 3 pointers, rebound, block shots and even averaged a steal per game. Despite the injury, Jonas is only 23 and still has plenty of time to develop. Unlike the city of Detroit, he has a bright future.

Personal favorite, Ben Gordon, whom I played against in high school is my only minimal interest in this squad. I imagine most Caste Footballers will have less interest in the Pistons than the Democratic National Convention.

Grade: F with Jerebko starting, F- until he returns.

Indiana Pacers:
Caste Football remembers when the Larry Bird run Pacers were accused of being "too White"Â￾ in years past. Well Larry can sleep well at night without fear of being called the dreaded R word as this years squad will remind no one of those days. However, they may as well be Duke compared to the 3 aforementioned teams as they have 4 White players in prominent roles.

Let's start with the starting SG Mike Dunleavy Jr. The 6'-9"Â￾, former 3rd overall pick from Duke is still battling a balky knee which limited his games and effectiveness last year. He may never again be the player who averaged 19 ppg in 07-08 but he should fit nicely as the complimentary scorer to All-star Danny Granger. Another thing Dunleavy suffers from is an unselfish nature to pass the ball to open teammates rather then look for his own shot. In the modern me me me NBA, players like this are few and far between. When fully healthy, Mike has great all-round skill and will fill the stat sheet in every category.

The other White starter is PF Josh McRoberts. After 3 years of riding the pine it seems as though Josh's racial apprenticeship is over. Having a White backup might have sped up the process. The good news is that Josh is still young at 23 due to his decision to leave Duke early. At 6'-10"Â￾, the home town hero (born in Indianapolis) has great athleticism. He can dunk over you or take you outside and knock down the 3 ball. He also runs the court very well and blocks shots. He needs to improve his rebounding and free throw shooting in my opinion but his future holds big things.

The backup to McRoberts is Tyler Hansbrough. To many, Hansbrough is remembered from his college days at UNC as a unanimous selection for the 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 ACC All Conference Team, 2006 ACC Freshman of the Year, and 2008 ACC and National Player of the year. To DWFs, wiggers and team fans of Duke, he is remembered as the most hated and overrated player in Division I sports. Sigh, so goes the life of a White athlete. The key for Tyler in his second year will be getting back in gear for an 82 game season after his concussion last year and bouts with vertigo. The Pacers will need his rebounding after trading top rebounder Troy Murphy. Look for improvement in his 2nd season.

Lastly, is backup center Jeff Foster. Jeff will begin his 12th season all with the Pacers! The Texas State product is a supreme athlete and rebounder known more for his defense then offense.

Grade: 2 starters and 2 key backups earns a D+

Milwaukee Bucks:
The Bucks will look to build on their 46-36 playoff team from last year. With 4 whites playing important minutes, that wouldn't be a bad thing.

Aussie center Andrew Bogut leads the way for Mikwaukee and much of their success will ride on his health. In his 5 seasons, Andrew has only played 82 games his rookie year. Last season, he averaged 15.9 ppg, 10.1 rpg and 2.5 blocks per. It was his 2nd straight season averaging a double-double. If his elbow is healthy, he may make the All-star team this season.

Carlos Delfino of Argentina appears to be the starting SF (though Corey Maggette may steal his minutes). The slashing forward is a smooth shooter and a good defender capable of many steals.

Ersan Ilyasova of Turkey will be a key to another playoff run. After taking a two-year hiatus from the NBA to play professionally in Spain, Ilyasova returned to the NBA to average a solid 10.4 points, 6.3 rebounds and 0.7 steals in 23.4 minutes off the bench for the Bucks. Just 23 years of age, Ilyasova has a bright future ahead of him, but he will again be reduced to a reserve role with newcomers Drew Gooden and Maggette now vying for minutes. White apprenticeship anyone? Serving it behind journeyman Gooden makes you wonder what he could possibly learn playing behind a "superior talent"Â￾ like that.

Since Bogut is the only true center on the roster, it is reasonable to deduct that undersized PF Jon Brockman will serve as the backup. Despite his lack of height, Brockman is a beast who has rebounded everywhere he's played, mainly at the University of Washington and in limited minutes with the Kings last season. Expect more of the same.

Grade: similar to the Pacers except the Bucks White players are almost all foreign born. Therefore I'll deduct them one mark to a D.Edited by: Freethinker

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Nice work, Freethinker. I'll do another division within the next few days. Some of these teams are pathetic without a single white American on the roster. I like the Bucks because of Andrew Bogut who may develop into a top three center in the league very soon. He's shown improvement recently.

The Pacers got a bit darker after the media accusing them of being too white. At least McRoberts starts this year but that leaves Hansborough stuck behind him. The Pacers have Granger at small forward so no way they would move Tyler there.