2009, the SEC

referendum

Mentor
By my count, the SEC will see a shocking increase of white starters from 61 in 2008 and 60 in 2007, to 72 in 2009. (I did a quick look on rivals to see their projection of Ole Miss this year and I think I found four white starters for this year). The main reason for the increase is Kentucky going from 3 to 9 starters, and Alabama from 4 to 8. Non offensive linemen starters on offense was 25 in 07, 21 in 08 and 22 in 09. Wide receivers is staying steady at three this year, assuming the white player in Arkansas wins his position battle.
I'm wondering if this is just a one time only improvement as it seems that all of these schools with the exception of Vanderbilt keep recruiting class after class of black players. Edited by: referendum

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Interesting stuff, referendum. As for your question, only time will tell.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
referendum said:
By my count, the SEC will see a shocking increase of white starters from 61 in 2008 and 60 in 2007, to 72 in 2009. (I did a quick look on rivals to see their projection of Ole Miss this year and I think I found four white starters for this year). The main reason for the increase is Kentucky going from 3 to 9 starters, and Alabama from 4 to 8. Non offensive linemen starters on offense was 25 in 07, 21 in 08 and 22 in 09. Wide receivers is staying steady at three this year, assuming the white player in Arkansas wins his position battle.
I'm wondering if this is just a one time only improvement as it seems that all of these schools with the exception of Vanderbilt keep recruiting class after class of black players.

Great post- there were 68 white starters in 2006 though. Let me add to this by listing the situation with caste position players in the SEC:

HB: 2009- 1 white starting (Hawkins), 2008- 1 white starting (Hawkins), 2007- 1 white starting (Hester), 2006- 0 whites starting- Hester was used, but sparingly

WR: 2009- 3 whites starting, 2008- 3 whites starting if you count Riley Cooper who started some games as the 3rd wideout, 2007- 2 whites starting, 2006- 1 white starting

DT: 2009- 2 whites starting, 2008- 2 whites starting, 2007- 4 whites starting, 2006- 2 whites starting

S: 2009- 3 whites starting, 2008- 1 white starting, 2007- 2 whites starting, 2006- 1 white starting

CB: Zero whites to report on in any year here.

Total caste breakers: 2009- 9 whites, 2008- 7 whites, 2007- 9 whites, 2006- 4 whites

It looks like this site may have had some influence post 2006!
smiley32.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Only two white defensive tackles starting in the whole SEC? That is beyond ridiculous. I still don't understand why a higher percentage of whites is allowed to play DE but not DT.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Actually the SEC had 1 starting white CB in 2005, Vanderbilt's Andrew
Pace. He was a senior that season and had transitioned from Safety in

Other SEC numbers from 2005:

HB: 0 (Tre Smith for half a season and Peyton Hillis for half a season)
WR: 1 (Tommy Cook)
DT: 5
S: 1 (Will Herring)
CB: 1 (Pace)

That makes 8 full time Caste Busters in 2005.

There were 62 white starters in the SEC in 2005.
Edited by: Colonel_Reb

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
UGA's Kris Durham would've been starting at WR for the Dawgs if not injured. He'll be a force in 2010.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yeah, Durham will probably be the only bright spot on the team next year, if he starts.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The SEC, the linchpin of the Caste System at the college football level (whichthen enables the NFL in its longstanding anti-white policies) signs a $2.2 billion deal with the linchpin media outlet of the Caste System, ESPN:

Rest of college football can't compete with filthy rich SEC

With all due respect to President Barack Obama, we might be better off with Southeastern Conference Commissioner Mike Slive running the country.

Recession?

There ain't no stinking recession.

Not in the SEC.

Everywhere you look, you see corporations struggling and businesses shrinking. And then you show up at the annual Southeastern Conference Football Media Days and Slive is talking about his ESPN stimulus package and how the SEC is entering a "golden age."

Hard to believe, isn't it? The SEC is enjoying its golden age while everybody else in college sports is entering their zinc phase. The SEC is like the aristocracy during the French Revolution. While the college athletic world outside the SEC is begging for bread crumbs, Slive might as well have stood up at the podium Wednesday and told the nearly 900 media members, "Let them eat sod!"

Of course, Slive would never be so brazen. In this downtrodden economy, he has to retain at least a modicum of humility just to give a sliver of hope to the huddled masses in the ACC, Big 12 and Big East.

But in all honesty, those leagues â€" not to mention the paupers and plebes in the non-BCS conferences â€" might as well just give up. There's no way they can compete with the SEC now. And I'll give you four reasons why â€" E-S-P-N.

Much of Wednesday's first day of this media feeding frenzy was taken up by the public display of affection between Slive and an assembled army of ESPN executives on hand to answer questions about the four-letter network's newly signed $2.2 billion TV deal with the SEC. The relationship between ESPN and the SEC is believed to be the most torrid love affair we've seen in these parts since former Alabama football coach Mike Dubose and his secretary.

Here's all you need to know about the SEC's new TV deal with ESPN: The ACC, as a league, annually makes about $37 million total for its football deal with ESPN. The SEC's new all-sports deal will net about $17 million â€" <EM =i>per team![/i] In other words, every team in the SEC is making the equivalent of a BCS bowl payout even before they play a single game.

When you combine the ESPN mega-deal with the league's network agreement with CBS, the SEC will reap more than $3 billion worth of guaranteed TV revenue. That's more than the combined gross national product of Fiji, Aruba and Mongolia.

When asked how other leagues are going to be able to keep pace financially with the SEC, Slive smiled slyly and said: "I wish you could print the expression on my face."

Other leagues couldn't compete with the SEC even before the SEC teamed up with the omnipotent 800-pound gorilla that is ESPN. The SEC has already won the last three national championships in football. It already draws more fans than any other league. And as Slive proudly boasted, if the SEC had been a nation in the 2008 Summer Olympics, its athletes would have finished fourth in the world in medal count.

ESPN and the SEC is the most potent tag team since Andre the Giant partnered up with Dusty Rhodes. Believe it or not, every SEC game â€" football and basketball â€" is going to be televised by ESPN or one of its partners.

A couple of years ago, the Big Ten shocked college football by starting its own TV network. Well, guess what? The SEC has trumped the Big Ten once again. The good ol' boys down South have their own network, too, and it's called ESPN.

"The SEC is king," ESPN executive vice president John Wildhack said. "This deal gives us an opportunity to associate ourselves with the pre-eminent athletic conference in the country. With all due respect to other conferences, there's a passion and a fervor here that is unique."

Game over.

It won't be long before the little kid in inner city Detroit will want to change his name to Bubba and dream of someday being recruited by Gene Chizik.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-sportsbianchi23072309jul23,0,7158483.column