2009 Texas Tech Red Raiders

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Here are the projected white starters for Mike Leach's club in 2009. They had 8 in 2008, and 9 in 2007 and 2006.

Offense

QB Taylor Potts

WR(Z) Alex Torres

LT Chris Olson

LG Lonnie Edwards

C Shawn Byrnes

RG Brandon Carter

Defense

NT Colby Whitlock

DE Daniel Howard

LB Bront Bird

FS Cody Davis Edited by: Jack Lambert

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
According to rival's depth chart, the Red Raiders do indeed have a white WR starting for them this year in Alex Torres.
smiley32.gif
He had 5 catches for 51 yards. Also, backup WR Austin Zouzalik had 1 catch for 16 yards.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Texas Tech becomes one of the few programs to start two white safeties, at least for now. Brett Dewhurst starts opposite Davis right now.
smiley32.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Its nice to see good programs with white safety tandems!

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I guess I'll update the white starters for the Red Raiders.

Lonnie Edwards starts at RG.
Dewhurst doesn't start anymore.
So we still have 10 white starters in Lubbock.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Not sure what to make of this. Why would Leach imprison a player, especially a player with a relatively "high profile" (son of Craig James) in a small closet because he has a concussion and can't practice?? It's just too weird. Makes me wonder what the real story is.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I agree, strange story, doesn't make sense.

Kaptain

Master
Perhaps he stood up for himself and/or made mention of the color of his skin as a reason he wasn't getting playing time. Or, he is the spoiled son of a former NFL player like the coaching staff says. Or both. If the kid has anything to say about the caste system he should say it now because his playing days are over now anyway.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
I used to like the relatively-fair Mike Leach, as his team usually featured an all-white OL, great white QBs (Kingsberry, Harrell, etc), 4-5 white starters on defense, and normally one white WR (Wes Welker, Eric Morris, etc), although always in the slot.

If this player, white WR Adam James (son of ESPN analyst, Craig James), was in fact "spoiled,"Â￾ I'd certainly be curious to know what Leach and other TT coaches thought of the zillions of black prima-donnas featured on every single NCAA roster"¦which have been a enduring "perk"Â￾ of the caste system.

Other TT players are now coming to James' defense, basically implying that Leach was in fact an a-hole.

Before I even heard who this mistreated player was"¦I already knew his ethnicity. I'm sure Leach, nor any other NCAA / high school / professional football coach would ever so much as discipline a black player"¦let alone cage him in a utility closet because they were pissed that he got a concussion. No, only a white athlete would take such abuse"¦.it's nice to see him have the backbone to get this turd fired.

Of all "big-time"Â￾ NCAA coaches, I wouldn't have expected this from Leach.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Looks like Tommy Tub-O-Lies is talking to Texas Tech about the job. He's one of the worst people they could get, based on his past ultra-caste recruiting, not to mention mistreatment of immense White talents like Tre Smith.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4798375

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I'd take Ruffin McNeil anyday over caste whore Tommy Tuberville. His Auburn teams were always very black in the dark SEC, too.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I personally don't agree with the mantra that black coaches never whiten a team. Turner Gill, I thought, whitened Buffalo a bit. Tony Dungy whitened teams in the NFL over his predecessor. Willie Taggert who just got the job at Western Kentucky will probably blacken them a little, but that is because they would have been the whitest team in the FBS if they were there this year. Realistically, Taggert would get lots of heat in that conference if he kept WKU at 17 white starters out of 22 and we know Taggert has recruited lots of white RBs.

I predict Ruffin will recruit and play about the same amount of whites as Leach. Tommy Tubolardville would be a disaster hire from our perspective.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
My impression of McNeil is that he has risen as far as he should have with Texas Tech. If he becomes head coach the Peter Principle will kick in with a vengeance.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Tommy Tuberville is the Red Raiders' new coach. A local ESPN station in my area was reporting this. They had a guy on the station who said Tuberville will try to get the SEC type player for his defense. We all know what this means.
smiley19.gif
He'll also bring the SEC "mentality" to the Big 12, according to this "reporter."

Say goodbye to any white defensive starters and white recievers after Tuberville starts recruiting.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
My sympathies to those who like Texas Tech, as they hired an anti-White piece of trash.